Captain
# 361
10-17-2013, 08:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tpalelena View Post
Most scientists currently think that the dinosaurs (and hence the voth) were warm blooded, not cold blooded.
The Voth used "warm bloods" as insult, though.
Starfleet Veteran
# 362
10-17-2013, 08:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbomagnus View Post
First Officer: Captain, did you have to bring back a dinosaur from the Delta Sphere?

Captain(smirks and pats the neck of a velociraptor-like creature): It's our new 'Diplomatic Officer', Number One. Anyone complains about how I handle diplomatic missions, it can eat them.

First Officer: Why do I just know this thing isn't ship-broken?

Captain: Consider it a new punishment duty for wayward junior officers.
Y'know when I hear someone say "Klingon Raptor decloaking", I'll have to make doubly sure which one they're talking about from now on.
---------------------------------------------------
U.S.S. Endeavour NCC-91771 - Nebula-class
Commanding Officer: Captain Pyotr Ramonovich Amosov
Dedication Plaque: "Leave nothing unattempted" - James Cook
Empire Veteran
# 363
10-17-2013, 10:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by amosov78 View Post
Y'know when I hear someone say "Klingon Raptor decloaking", I'll have to make doubly sure which one they're talking about from now on.
LOL could be a betazoid female wearing an evening gown and a minigun and a sword riding on a raptor.
Republic Veteran
we are gonna get our butts handed to us. I hope we (players, all races) can come up with better armor/shields/weaps, ships and tactics than we currently own, it literally sounds like players will seem like little kids using spit wads from straws and insults whilst wearing little girlie frocks against giant battle hardened techno-juggernaughts.
Survivor of Remus
# 365
10-18-2013, 01:32 AM
I hope all this new dino content means there'll be a good twist on the winter event's race.

Raptors on Ice.

Peacekeeper High Command
Bylar Crais - Zelbinion IV
Scorpius - R.R.W. Kharibdyss
Commander
# 366
10-18-2013, 01:55 AM
Two things come to mind.

1) My Fed captain wants a Plith hat for his safari. (I've asked for Plith hat before you know)..

2) My Gorn wants to get in to a biting competition.
Career Officer
# 367
10-18-2013, 02:12 AM
Dinosaurs with frickin' phaser beams on their heads?

Cryptic is jumping the shark. What's next? Star trek online action figures?

A little Admiral Quinn with kung fu grip?

B'vat with a doomsday device playset?

And to keep with the traditional meme, orders on the Sulu doll will be intentionally mailed 6 months after ordered so people can call customer support and ask "Where's Sulu?"?
Self Portrait
Career Officer
# 368
10-18-2013, 10:24 AM
So I'm looking at this from a federation point of view and I have to wonder, Romulans being added to the space combat severely distorted the gameplay on characters that were there prior to these types of expansions. There are alot of things left out like how the federation and klingons would have adapted themselves to use a synergy in space combat similar to the powers of the Romulan's use of singularity skills on ships that are simply not in the game. They would have adapted like they did for all other enemies including the borg.

When this goes live what will be done on the ground adaptations of the federation, romulans, and klingons to allow for their own synergies in combat? What will be improved upon for those races as they adapt to Voth style ground and space combats?!

Am I the only one seeing how in each new update more and more is broken in the old content?
I would like for the devs to open a poll/feedback thread on what exactly the players would like to see in the near future for the game.
Career Officer
# 369
10-18-2013, 11:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeybone13 View Post

And to keep with the traditional meme, orders on the Sulu doll will be intentionally mailed 6 months after ordered so people can call customer support and ask "Where's Sulu?"?

These exists now. So why not STO action figures?
STO Forum:
Where the Human Adventure is Just Beginning!

Exploring STO Since Pavement.
Tier 2 Constitution for Fleet Refit!
Give the Art Team time to fix the K't'inga << Link
Lt. Commander
# 370
10-18-2013, 01:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeybone13 View Post

"Jumping the shark" is definitely going to be this month's most overused phrase by the few I've seen use it so far, would have been slightly wittier to instead say "jumping the velociraptor," I feel.

Also, yes to the rest, please =P