Captain
# 11
10-18-2013, 11:28 AM
Territory control being implemented with Voth PvE will be applied to PvP.
Career Officer
# 12
10-18-2013, 11:29 AM
[Misheard; didn't hear Geko's comments on Ship Artist #3].

So, the new KDF will basically be similar to the Avenger? I'm...fine with that, actually.

Last edited by ceekayzero; 10-18-2013 at 11:39 AM.
Former PWE Community Team Lead
# 13
10-18-2013, 11:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ceekayzero View Post
Did I hear that correctly in that we will not get the new KDF ship until AFTER they re-do the Galaxy-X?

I may have misheard, but it sounded like it.
That's not how I interpreted it Dev plans are always subject to change, but Geko mentioned in the interview that his goal is to get the KDF ship out before the end of the year now that we have a 3rd Ship Artist joining the team.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Brandon "BranFlakes" Felczer | Former Community Team Lead for Perfect World Entertainment
Captain
# 14
10-18-2013, 11:39 AM
new ship for the winter event and 3 new ships i repeat 3 NEW SHIPS for the aniversery 1 for fed rom and kdf sweet ^_^
Captain
# 15
10-18-2013, 11:40 AM
- Territory control for PvP (copied from the new Adventure zone) might happen.

- New KDF ship will be similiar to the new Avenger. It will be released at the end of the year or early next year.

- LoR has been a giant success for Cryptic (including financially) and if I understood right there might be more expansions like these in the future.

- Cryptic has a new (third) ship artist who will make updates to old ships like the Fed Dreadnought (saucer seperation).
Career Officer
# 16
10-18-2013, 11:42 AM
Previously unreleased Fleet ships will become available through the Dyson Sphere? That's interesting. Perhaps they come with some sphere tech to make them unique enough to be called a Fleet ship?
STO Forum:
Where the Human Adventure is Just Beginning!

Exploring STO Since Pavement.
Admiral Quinn was never over ALL of Starfleet << Link
Give the Art Team time to fix the K't'inga << Link
Captain
# 17
10-18-2013, 11:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ceekayzero View Post
[Misheard; didn't hear Geko's comments on Ship Artist #3].

So, the new KDF will basically be similar to the Avenger? I'm...fine with that, actually.
Now that they have a new ship artist on board, they'd like to get a new KDF ship out by the end of the year.
Captain
# 18
10-18-2013, 11:46 AM
Nothing about the new c-store KDF ship because there are so many new ships coming between now and the anniversary.

November lock box 2
Christmas event 1
Featured Eps 1
Anniversary 3 - one for each faction - so technically 1 KDF there
,Next lock box February/marchish 2

New ship artist next week to help out with ship backlog particularly his mission of a Galaxy update!

Last edited by newromulan1; 10-18-2013 at 11:55 AM.
Captain
# 19
10-18-2013, 11:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by psiameese View Post
Previously unreleased Fleet ships will become available through the Dyson Sphere? That's interesting. Perhaps they come with some sphere tech to make them unique enough to be called a Fleet ship?
Not really. They're fleet ships, yet instead of needing a shipyard of a particular tier they'll need a spire of a particular tier and 5 FSMs (1 if you have the appropriate non-fleet ship).

The best part is that it's once again highlighting the lunacy that is the T4-T5 starbase grind.
Empire Veteran
# 20
10-18-2013, 11:56 AM
Bah! I finally get my question to be answered and it was MISUNDERSTOOD.

Ok, the question was read by the interviewers "Are we getting any universal fighters for carriers", what I asked was "Is it possible to get universal Frigates"?

Frigates are better than fighters.

For example, the BOP is only good for the Voq. But what if you get, for example, a breen frigate, and are able to use it on your voq as well as all other carriers.

Not fighters. Frigates.