Survivor of Romulus
# 2541
10-18-2013, 11:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by originpi View Post
My buddy and I went into a pug KASE in order to play Probe Football where you use various powers to push probes from the gates through the vortex as fast as possible. The person who pushes 6 or more probes through first wins.

Some guy must have played before, because he decided to play goalie and was really good, we weren't even able to get a single probe through cause he killed them all.
oo sounds fun ....*gets some fleet mates and we start a game hehehe*

Quote:
Originally Posted by borticuscryptic View Post
I find this line of replies sadly hilarious. We put a lot of work into the massive list of fixes/changes above, and ya'll are hung up on the ability to skip our content. =p
Career Officer
# 2542
10-19-2013, 12:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by originpi View Post
I did read the preceeding posts. I've never even seen someone get lanced when they are in position. Honestly, I think 95% of people who complain just ignore/misunderstand the instructions and blame it on bugs.
As I said, it seems as if the bug (lance can hit you regardless of where you are) kicks in after a certain period of time.

STAR TREK BATTLES - HIGH DPS PLAYERS NEED NOT APPY
Career Officer
# 2543
10-19-2013, 09:26 PM
Just had an ISE that was really, really sad.

Right off the bat, one of my team mates dies to the first cube. He was in a fleet Avenger too lol. Okay no problem, maybe he isn't used to his ship yet or something. Get to the first transformer. Guy in a pegh'qu destroyer blows up when the two spheres that come after you pop the nodes show up. Hmm okay I guess, I've been caught off guard when I was being lazy sometimes. Down the transformer and start working on the spheres.

Noticing that things are going way too slow so now I'm looking at my other team mates to see what's going on. All 4 of them have a bar full of injuries. All of them. The lowest amount of injuries was 5. One of them had at least 20. That's not an exaggeration. I was on a team with 4 broken ships. Omg why.

Somehow though I was able to pull it together long enough to get the optional with less than a minute left on the clock. I thought about bailing because omg fix ur shipz u nubz, but then I thought maybe I'll just see how far I could get more or less on my own at that point.

Not sure if I got a team full of newbies or what. I mean I've had teams before that have had that one dude with like 40 injuries, but I've never before had a full team of them. It was actually sad at that.

-Lantesh
Since Feb. 2009
Captain
# 2544
10-20-2013, 06:31 PM
>_>

K this is more of a joke post, lighthearted...

But join an ISE in PublicEliteSTF

End up in a IGN

Fail optional on 9/10

feels batman

So staying in space.
Vice Admiral Rylana - U.S.S. DNT Omega X || Vice Admiral Lyzara - I.R.W. DNT Omicron X
Vice Admiral Kailiana - R.R.W. DNT Theta X || Vice Admiral Talina - I.R.W. DNT Tau X
Vice Admiral Victoria - U.S.S. DNT Upsilon X || Lt. General Dannika - I.K.S. DNT Sigma X
Vice Admiral Shondra - R.R.W. DNT Alpha X || Lt. General Rosanna - I.K.S. DNT Iota X
=== Vice Squad/House of Tlhap-Jen ===
Career Officer
# 2545
10-21-2013, 11:56 AM
And just had ANOTHER instance of HOSE where I was double lanced from both under the ships AND next to the Borg Queen. Also lanced from 16.7m away. It's broken and no-one can tell me otherwise.

Career Officer
# 2546
10-21-2013, 01:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by reyan01 View Post
And just had ANOTHER instance of HOSE where I was double lanced from both under the ships AND next to the Borg Queen. Also lanced from 16.7m away. It's broken and no-one can tell me otherwise.

Sadly it's not. Once you have been tageted for even a millisecond you can be lanced. It doesn't matter if you are near the queen or not.
If you can get to the queen, while under full impulse (that meaning not entering red alert) and then position yourself right next to the queen, you won't be targeted. ... then there would only be the problem of that massive torp spread the two ships will unleash upon you afterwards ...
The best tactic is to kill one unimatrix ship before the cutscene usually ends and then attack the next one.
Lieutenant
# 2547
10-25-2013, 03:34 PM
Whats with all the idiots in ESTF's lately?

Pug'ing is understandable...sometimes, but I can't even get a pre-made from the Elite Channels without one or two people that don't follow directions or are constantly sitting in Respawn Hell.

Anyone else noticing this lately?
Captain
# 2548
10-26-2013, 06:37 AM
Today in vortex elite i had the pleasure of dealing with a scimitar with push probes towards the vortex.

During the donatra you usually can void her beam of death, unless someone pushes her away...

Lots and lots of fun. sigh
Career Officer
# 2549
10-28-2013, 03:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikolaivladikov View Post
Whats with all the idiots in ESTF's lately?

Pug'ing is understandable...sometimes, but I can't even get a pre-made from the Elite Channels without one or two people that don't follow directions or are constantly sitting in Respawn Hell.

Anyone else noticing this lately?
Very much so. Though I generally always PuG.

The 10% rule, for example, seemingly went out of the airlock quite a while ago and I haven't seen in observed in heaven-knows how long. Fortunatley, in MOST cases, it doesn't really matter as power-creep has resulted in even average ability teams being able to destroy the generator before the nanitie spheres get in range.

Lt. Commander
# 2550
10-28-2013, 05:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by reyan01 View Post
Very much so. Though I generally always PuG.

The 10% rule, for example, seemingly went out of the airlock quite a while ago and I haven't seen in observed in heaven-knows how long. Fortunatley, in MOST cases, it doesn't really matter as power-creep has resulted in even average ability teams being able to destroy the generator before the nanitie spheres get in range.
Quite true. I have a FMVAE that I hadn't flown it a very, very long time. My science captain did around 8k DPS then (Jan-Feb 2013). I took it out for a spin the other day and parsed the result. I was astonished when I saw close to 11k DPS in the parser. And it was with a CRF setup, not my usual CSV.