Captain
# 31
10-18-2013, 08:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by amosov78 View Post
The first chronological mention of the Constellation-class (USS Constellation NX-1974) puts it around the time of the events of Star Trek VI in 2293. Rick Sternbach found these old charts and took photos of them, and shared them online: Operation Retrieve #1 & Operation Retrieve #2
According to Memory Alpha the Constellation Class started around 2285. That means they were close to 80 years old by the time TNG began in 2364. That would make them 124 in this timeline.
STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
Empire Veteran
# 32
10-18-2013, 08:37 PM
"this winter you can get the first breen ship again, and a er.. a new ship too"

pretty much a quote right there. next winter sounds like it will have another breen ship

YES, make the kdf cruiser basically a stat clone of the avenger, i want a kdf avenger so bad. you guys dont have to hire a new ship artist for it, just take the negvar model, add the under slung canon geo that the DS9 version of the ship had, reuse the andorian wing cannon asset, colored green, and boom done. instead of the VATA torp its got the 'wing guns'. you guys totally could have released this at the same time as the avenger, and it would have takes the most minimal levels of development.
the pvp build and help thread
gateway links(should actually work now) -->Norvo Tigan, Telis Latto Ruwon, Sochie Heim, Solana Soleus
Captain
# 33
10-18-2013, 08:49 PM
if it is another breen ship in the winter event I hope it is the breen dreadnought with a hanger bay , but then again ships are getting to big
Ensign
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbomagnus View Post
I know this gets said by someone every time there's a video or audio interview, but still...

Why, again, can't we get transcriptions of said interviews? This one included?

Some of us can read quicker than it would take to watch/listen, we wouldn't have to worry about mis-hearing anything, and we could even search the transcript for anything we want to especially know about...
Since I'm about 85% deaf, I have to have a transcript to 'hear' the interview.
Commander
# 35
10-18-2013, 08:58 PM
I love Captain Gecko's interviews. He shares so much information.
Joined STO in September 2010.

Last edited by gerwalk0769; 10-19-2013 at 04:10 AM.
Captain
# 36
10-18-2013, 09:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by therealtogie View Post
Since I'm about 85% deaf, I have to have a transcript to 'hear' the interview.
As a result of a childhood surgery, my right ear does not naturally vibrate. Even though I have nothing wrong with the parts of the ear, the scar tissue around them prevents me from hearing clearly. I have to keep my right ear slightly blocked, so that my left ear can compensate. I hate it when I hear my voice vibrate off my skull. rofl...

I am always grateful when someone posts talking posts.

I normally read everyone's posts, so I can get the general cliff notes.

...and, that is also the reason why I do not use TeamSpeak.

Last edited by linyive; 10-18-2013 at 09:42 PM.
Starfleet Veteran
# 37
10-18-2013, 09:46 PM
I'm really annoyed at Geko's response about the Foundry.

Come on Geko, all Foundry authors want is just ONE blank map to create custom interiors, not the ability to create the Grand Canyon or create a megaopolis!

New Klingon ship......upgraded Negh'var......like the Avenger?

I really think that is a REALLY BAD idea, have you guys forgotten about the Tor'kaht (Fleet Vor'cha)? It's already similar to the Avenger in performance. And if you do decide to go with the KDF Avenger, the please don't use the Negh'var, use one of the canonical Klingon Battlecruisers you yet to add, like the K'Vort, maybe even bring back the Klingon D5!

With the new Negh'var Varient, have her have the ability of Heavy Disruptor Blasts like what we seen on DS9, when they attacked DS9 itself. And have it named the VoD'leh, which is the name of the Negh'var they named behind-the-scenes. (Not sure why you guys named that Vo'Quv variant skin VoD'Leh, so she should go to the ship she supposed to be).

103 Seconds - "Haha, there is no more ships left!"

There are are like 20 Federation ships, the Klingons have like 5 or 6 ships, Romulans don't have their D7.........

And the ship with the Markers was the Cheyenne, not the New Orleans. And you guys added the Cheyenne to STO back at the very beginning.

Last edited by azurianstar; 10-19-2013 at 02:57 AM.
Commander
# 38
10-18-2013, 10:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontdrunkimshoot View Post
YES, make the kdf cruiser basically a stat clone of the avenger, i want a kdf avenger so bad. you guys dont have to hire a new ship artist for it, just take the negvar model, add the under slung canon geo that the DS9 version of the ship had, reuse the andorian wing cannon asset, colored green, and boom done. instead of the VATA torp its got the 'wing guns'. you guys totally could have released this at the same time as the avenger, and it would have takes the most minimal levels of development.
So Avenger is the new kdf ship in the end ? Nice, I wonder how they will nerf it before it will be released in kdf version.Anyway I am not interested any more in words so I am not going to listen to this interview.
My fed char was parked in DS9 just after the Kumari release as a token of personal protest, now it is time for my kdf char to be parked too.
I will continue to use my romulan char because romulan ships are much better that anything my kdf char can get.When romulans will be nerfed hard , I don't honestly know what will I do.( ETA,in my opinion, is before the launch of a new faction)
Audiater et altera pars
"They gave away your leech, the only 5 tac console ship you have has a turn rate of 5, all of the Romulan ships have battle cloak and dont suffer the hull strength reduction of the BOPs."

Last edited by dova25; 10-18-2013 at 10:50 PM.
Career Officer
# 39
10-19-2013, 01:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecosmic1 View Post
According to Memory Alpha the Constellation Class started around 2285. That means they were close to 80 years old by the time TNG began in 2364. That would make them 124 in this timeline.
And were, remarkably, still used during the Dominion War.
---------------------------------------------------
U.S.S. Endeavour NCC-91771 - Nebula-class
Commanding Officer: Captain Pyotr Ramonovich Amosov
Dedication Plaque: "Leave nothing unattempted" - James Cook
Career Officer
# 40
10-19-2013, 02:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldravenman3025 View Post
Interesting interview. But I take issue with a couple of things:

2. The Springfield and New Orleans are ugly kitbashes with highlighters for nacelles, and are unlikely to make into the game because of a perceived lack of interest. However, he leaves out the fact that the Cheyenne was cut from the same cloth, but is in the game.
Yeah I'm not quite sure how the New Orleans-class is anymore ugly than, let's say, the Nebula and Cheyenne-class kitbash starships. This reconstruction definitely shows that it fits in the "Galaxy" family better than most of the others, including my favourite, the Nebula-class.
---------------------------------------------------
U.S.S. Endeavour NCC-91771 - Nebula-class
Commanding Officer: Captain Pyotr Ramonovich Amosov
Dedication Plaque: "Leave nothing unattempted" - James Cook

Last edited by amosov78; 10-19-2013 at 02:22 AM.