Career Officer
# 111
10-17-2013, 09:39 PM
Now personally, I feel that the Kits are given out too late, as their only usable for the final battle. It would have been better to give them out a little earlier, so they can be used against the Borg mob rush while evacuating the civilians...
Cryptic Studios Team
# 112
10-18-2013, 10:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by grouchyotaku View Post
Now personally, I feel that the Kits are given out too late, as their only usable for the final battle. It would have been better to give them out a little earlier, so they can be used against the Borg mob rush while evacuating the civilians...
Hmm? You should get your kit before you activate the pattern enhancer, before the Borg mob rush.
Career Officer
# 113
10-18-2013, 04:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stodecker View Post
Hmm? You should get your kit before you activate the pattern enhancer, before the Borg mob rush.
I'll have to double check on this then... The choice of Kit is another gripe. My Engineer would have been better off with a Turret or Mine kit, as their more interesting toys...

What may have happened, is that with the first character that finished the scene, the rear gate was already open from group play when I got there, so that may have screwed up the triggering of events...

Last edited by grouchyotaku; 10-18-2013 at 04:26 PM.
Career Officer
# 114
10-18-2013, 07:43 PM
Okay, I'm trying this again after the Oct 18 patch.

The first thing I noticed was a slightly glitchy transition when getting on and off the shuttlecraft between the Academy and my ship. In fact, I actually took a little damage when arriving in the shuttlebay.

When heading to the transporter room, the armory door was open. When I defeated the Klingons, they disappeared right away instead of lingering a bit.

When I got back up to the bridge, I didn't see the Captain beaming out. But I did get to fight the Klingons on the bridge and heal people. But there was no Flores on the bridge, and I needed to talk to her to continue. Can't complete the mission!

Delete character. Try again.

Same glitchy transitions with the shuttle trip. The armory door was open again. I got my weapon. The next step should be to order the cadets in the hall... but I don't get that option. No way to continue. Once again, I can't complete the mission.

So I give up for now.
Starfleet Veteran
# 115
10-18-2013, 10:57 PM
Completed through to the end of the Vega space section (after beaming up from planet) with no issues (Except the ships doors are stuck open again), great improvement there, BUT after the cube pops, I speak to the fleet, get told to warp to ESD which I do and the mission tracker tells me to go back to Vega and the beam up button is greyed out.

At this point I am now stuck on ESD and can't go back or progress or even get off the station...

***Disenchanted***
Real Join Date: Monday, 17 May 2010
Republic Veteran
# 116
10-19-2013, 04:40 AM
Made a new Bajoran Male tactical officer to try this again with the new patch, and it was smoother up until I need to talk to my ships tactical officer after I lose track of the Klingon ship, and she isn't there on the bridge.
Starfleet Veteran
# 117
10-19-2013, 07:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by reximuz View Post
Made a new Bajoran Male tactical officer to try this again with the new patch, and it was smoother up until I need to talk to my ships tactical officer after I lose track of the Klingon ship, and she isn't there on the bridge.
Change instances, she'll re-appear

***Disenchanted***
Real Join Date: Monday, 17 May 2010
Career Officer
# 118
10-19-2013, 11:43 AM
I logged back in today and my objective to order the cadets appeared, allowing me to continue. Until I got to the bridge, and once again Flores was missing. I tried changing instances numerous times, and she never showed up.

Still stuck.
Rihannsu
# 119
10-19-2013, 06:53 PM
I just did a new character to try it out, and before fighting the cube, it prompted me to warp to earth spacedock, which I can't escape now.
Career Officer
# 120
10-19-2013, 11:13 PM
After completing the New Fed Tutorial with toons from each division, I have determined that the overall idea of the tutorial is good. The activities that are conducted on the bridge is more in line with Star Trek shows. I wish the rest of the game was more like the tutorial. I do have some suggestions about the tutorial.

1. If the intent is to have the Borg in the tutorial, then it would be best to make most of the tutorial happen on the holodeck. Otherwise, the Klingons invading Vega would make better sense compared to the rest of the tutorial.

2. Completing the phaser simulation should come before graduation. It does not make much sense that any line officer would not have completed phaser training before graduation.

3. Depending on the toon's career choice, the toon should start out at their career station. Then, if the first officer dies, the toon should be moved up to first officer.

4. When the toon is field promoted to lieutenant, you should be able to at least change the rank before fully completing the tutorial.

Last edited by captainjk740; 10-19-2013 at 11:39 PM.