Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Reputation System
Login

Closed Thread

Lt. Commander
# 81 Reputation
10-07-2013, 06:19 PM
I have read everyone's responses about the reputation and I am in full agreement in certain points and disagree in others. My opinion is that the reputation keeps players like myself interested. I don't mind grinding to get what I need but I refuse to sit in front of my computer and do it for hours on end. I will get there when it is time. I have the New Romulus, Nukara, and Task Force Omega completed and have benefited from the rewards that were given from the completion of the reps. I do agree that you do burn thru alot of exp points and resources when doing the reputation stuff. My biggest problem is that the grinding of the Starbase, Embassy, and Mine. I have not seen any benefit in these at all except for some very rare consoles. So I have stopped grinding for the fleet stuff and only will concentrate on the rep stuff from now on.

The Undying Grendel the Wise
USS ATTILA KHAN (NX-921911)
Career Officer
# 82
10-19-2013, 03:00 PM
They could always do what WoW did with Mists of Panderia... once your first character to unlock/max out a rep does, they can buy a "rep discount token" for their account. So the second (and so on) toons doing the same rep grind can earn +20% more or something. It's a decent compromise.
Career Officer
# 83
10-19-2013, 03:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssholeroy View Post
They could always do what WoW did with Mists of Panderia... once your first character to unlock/max out a rep does, they can buy a "rep discount token" for their account. So the second (and so on) toons doing the same rep grind can earn +20% more or something. It's a decent compromise.
The latest tribble patch notes include just such measures. Reputation Sponsorship coming Season 8. Allow your alts to each double the rep xp (if you have maxed it on a character already).
nynik | Join Date: Dec 2009
<Dev> Oaks@dstahl: *checks for CBS listening devices in the office*
Empire Veteran
# 84
10-19-2013, 10:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nynik View Post
The latest tribble patch notes include just such measures. Reputation Sponsorship coming Season 8. Allow your alts to each double the rep xp (if you have maxed it on a character already).
Not what I was hoping for, but I can accept this. 50% more rep XP works.
http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m121/Jagged_Phoenix/SignatureJabitha4_zps2cadf7c1.jpg
Captain
# 85
10-20-2013, 12:41 PM
I think what is listed int he Tribble notes doesn't go far enough. The Rep grind needs to be faction specific account wide, not per toon. That way, completing it on one Fed means it's done for all of your Fed's, the same for it being done on one KDF means it's done for all ofyour KDF toons, and the same for Romulan.
<--------------------> <--------------------> <-------------------->
Looking for a new fleet? Drop by the in-game chat channel, "tenforwardforum", and say hi to the members of A Fleet Called Ten Forward (Fed) and The Orion Pirates (KDF). If you already have a fleet you are happy with, please feel free to drop by our chat channel if you are looking for a friendly bunch of helpful people to socialize with.
Starfleet Veteran
# 86
10-20-2013, 12:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cookiecrook View Post
I think what is listed int he Tribble notes doesn't go far enough. The Rep grind needs to be faction specific account wide, not per toon. That way, completing it on one Fed means it's done for all of your Fed's, the same for it being done on one KDF means it's done for all ofyour KDF toons, and the same for Romulan.
While I see that as ideal, i don't want to throw another obstacle to people being kdf. The kdf community is already hurt enough as it is from lethargic content provision. Adding a rep gate would just be mean.

It just needs to be account bound. Oh and get rid fo the war too. I spend more time working with kdf, instead of fighting them.
PvE Jem'Hadar motto: Participation Ribbons are life.
Captain
# 87
10-21-2013, 02:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by milanvorius View Post
While I see that as ideal, i don't want to throw another obstacle to people being kdf. The kdf community is already hurt enough as it is from lethargic content provision. Adding a rep gate would just be mean.

It just needs to be account bound. Oh and get rid fo the war too. I spend more time working with kdf, instead of fighting them.
It's rather true most of the best PvE teams i have been in a re a mixed bag of FEd and KDF. The only reason they keep it up is PvP at this point.
Inertia just means you can do Powerslides in you carrier!
I am Il Shadow and i approve these Shennanigans!
Captain
# 88
10-21-2013, 03:02 AM
Rep should be part of the mission rewards (where appropriate) from level one and at level 50 you get to choose which one(s) you want to max out. The problem of it being a monotonous grind would vanish.

Basically, it should be like the Doff system: Used to enrich gameplay. Not be the gameplay.
# 89
10-21-2013, 03:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by twg042370 View Post
Rep should be part of the mission rewards (where appropriate) from level one and at level 50 you get to choose which one(s) you want to max out. The problem of it being a monotonous grind would vanish.

Basically, it should be like the Doff system: Used to enrich gameplay. Not be the gameplay.
Also, a smidge of rep progress for every enemy related to the track you defeat, please.

Edit: preferably including players flying faction ships in PvP (Romulans, Tholian ships etc).

Last edited by twam; 10-21-2013 at 03:19 AM.
Career Officer
# 90
10-25-2013, 03:18 PM
I'd vote for account wide. Grinding multiple toons, with this system, is ridiculously boring. I'm not even at T5 yet on my new Romulan, and I doubt I'll make the attempt on my other characters. The passives aren't all that special, and for the most part the gear isn't impressive enough that I'd want to grind the rep and the purchase price per piece to get it.

Last edited by valethar; 10-25-2013 at 03:22 PM.
Closed Thread