Republic Veteran
# 31
10-20-2013, 01:20 PM
I'm gonna be straight to the point on this, I just don't see how they could be allies.

They are both in very weak shape and there is whole lot of space between them, like someone mentioned there are the Klingons and if they get conquer hungry I just don't see how the Cardassians could offer help being so far away...
Career Officer
# 32
10-21-2013, 02:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wazzagiow View Post
i'm pretty sure they can break away from a 2 sided game and really expand the possibilities beyond a 2 sided red team vs blue team game.
I live in hope.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wazzagiow View Post
or worst case scenario make cardassians and romulans join 'team red' and really make the population grow!
This wouldn't actually expand their population though, cause people would be playing as Cardassian and Romulan, not Klingon.

...besides, Cardassians serving the Klingon Empire?

Quote:
Originally Posted by protogoth View Post
Ugh, no. No to Romulans allying with Cardassians (it could work for True Way terrorists and Tal'Shiar fascists, maybe, but no self-respecting New Romulan would consider alliance with Cardassians, not even the Cardassians who are not terrorists, and the reasons are too extensive to have to list), and no to Cardassians as a playable faction (I suggest you read up on Memory Alpha about the Cardassian-as-reptile motif).
Considering I think this is a good idea whereas you think it's a bad one, I'd be very much interested in those extensive reasons of yours. Please, share them.

I haven't come in here with some crazy idea either; I know my Trek (minus some TOS) but I grew up with TNG, DS9 & VOY; I don't need to go researching on Memory Alpha before I bring ideas to the table.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lianthelia View Post
They are both in very weak shape and there is whole lot of space between them, like someone mentioned there are the Klingons and if they get conquer hungry I just don't see how the Cardassians could offer help being so far away...
People keep bringing the Klingons into this... Yet it's a far bet that if the Cardassians aren't incorperated into the Romulans, then they'll be released as yet another mini faction. What does Cryptic do with mini factions? They give them the option to join the Federation or Klingon Empire. Cardassians joining the Empire? No!

Let me ask you (and everybody else) this: If you had a choice (one or the other) and the Cardassians were brought into this game as playable, would you rather them join with D'Tan and his Republic, or J'mpok and the Klingon Empire?
Republic Veteran
# 33
10-21-2013, 05:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by flash525 View Post
This wouldn't actually expand their population though, cause people would be playing as Cardassian and Romulan, not Klingon.
well I meant it would cause the NON federation population to grow. since it's a 2 sided game.
Commander
# 34
10-23-2013, 08:00 AM
It is far-fetched, in terms of Galaxy as has been pointed out...the only way would be if they retconned Mol'Rihan to within Cardassian space, having D'Tan settle on a planet there at the invitation of the new Cardassia, having heard his similarly democratic ideals, and sensing a kindred spirit in terms of a fledgling democracy emerging from an oppressive oligarchy, and also hoping to gain some Romulan technology. Of course that means no Romulan rep for Fed or Klingon. Either that, or something blows up Cardassia Prime too and D'Tan takes them in. Without something drastic Cardassia would be too proud to abandon its territory.
Captain
# 35
10-23-2013, 08:17 AM
Star Trek had the Terran Empire long before the Cardassians. Make Terran Empire a full faction.
Career Officer
# 36
10-28-2013, 02:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by greendragon527 View Post
It is far-fetched, in terms of Galaxy as has been pointed out...the only way would be if they retconned Mol'Rihan to within Cardassian space, having D'Tan settle on a planet there at the invitation of the new Cardassia, having heard his similarly democratic ideals, and sensing a kindred spirit in terms of a fledgling democracy emerging from an oppressive oligarchy, and also hoping to gain some Romulan technology. Of course that means no Romulan rep for Fed or Klingon. Either that, or something blows up Cardassia Prime too and D'Tan takes them in. Without something drastic Cardassia would be too proud to abandon its territory.
You wouldn't need to move Mol'Rihan. Have each 'sub' faction on their own soil perhaps, with a unity station somewhere in between?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerstorm View Post
Star Trek had the Terran Empire long before the Cardassians. Make Terran Empire a full faction.
Would seem a bit redundant. You'd most likely be using the same ships, and would have the same species playable.