Career Officer
# 1 No Prize for Second Contact 3
07-29-2013, 01:14 PM
Hey all,

No Prize for Second Contact Part III is completed and ready to play. Enjoy.

Last edited by councilspectre; 10-12-2013 at 08:43 PM.
Commander
# 2
07-29-2013, 06:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by councilspectre View Post
Hey all,

After quite some time off from the Foundry, I've started working on the third installment of "No Prize for Second Contact". As it turns out, I have more story to tell and didn't want to create a 2+ hour mission. So, I've split the conclusion into two parts, making the episode a 4 part series.

The third part is currently published, however it is not complete. If you're bored, feel free to look it up and check it out. If you do, please don't rate it yet.

I know there are a few people who enjoyed it, so this message is to let you know that I haven't stopped working on it, it's just been delayed.
If I do play it, I probably will just make a comment possibly with some ideas or alerting you to something that just isn't QUITE right about it (aside from missing an ending or beginning, depending upon the order in which you work)! That is just a heads up! btw, LOVE your series!
Career Officer
# 3
10-12-2013, 08:37 PM
No Prize for Second Contact Part III is completed and ready to play. Enjoy.
Career Officer
# 4
10-20-2013, 06:37 PM
I've received some good review so far. Thank you! A few more wouldn't hurt =)
Starfleet Veteran
Quote:
Originally Posted by councilspectre View Post
Hey Evil!

The third act of my mission series: No Prize for Second Contact is finished and I'd love another of your spectacular reviews:

Title: No Prize for Second Contact III
ID: st-hnnh00vxu
Author: Contactpsi
Allegiance: Federation
31+
45 minutes - 1 Hour
Federation Mission - No Prize for Second Contact III
Author: Contactpsi
Allegiance: Federation
Project ID: ST-HNNH00VXU

----------Report Start-----------

Summary: This is a great mission in the series and thoroughly enjoyable throughout. The map designs are really good, the battles are tough but fun and the story dialogue is excellent. I was riveted by the stories and thoroughly enjoyed being able to choose different options within the dialogue. I would highly recommend this mission and the series to all players who like the combination of good maps, some fun battles, and excellent story dialogue.

Below are a couple of things I noted while playing the mission that I wanted to let you know about. Everything in this write up should be seen as suggestions on ways I felt you could improve certain elements of the mission. They are yours to do with as you see fit.

Mission Description: This is a good description. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this description.

Grant Mission Dialogue: The grant dialogue is well written and to the point. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this dialogue.

Mission Task: This is a good initial task with a clear start location for the first custom map. I noted no spelling errors with this initial task.

Mission Entry Prompt: This is a good use of the prompt. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this prompt.

MAPS:
Chapter I, Bridge: This is a good map design with excellent story dialogue. I noted one item to consider changing:
-The Major Torval dialogue; consider changing "Starfleet would send no diplomats or vessels to treat with the Heservat" to read "Starfleet would send no diplomats or vessels to meet with the Heservat".

Chapter II, Mess Hall: This is a great map design with good player decision mapping and excellent story dialogue. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this dialogue. I noted one item to consider changing:
-Consider changing Crewman Barnes dialogue to optional triggered dialogue. Since the NPC is standing in the player's path triggered dialogue would work well. It would then disappear after the player interacts with it.

Chapter III, Sickbay: This is a good map design with excellent story dialogue. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this dialogue or any issues with the map.

Chapter III, Transporter Room: This is a good map design with excellent story dialogue. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this dialogue. . I noted one item to consider changing:
-The map name is "Chapter III, Transporter Room" and the previous map is named Chapter III, Sickbay". Consider changing the current map to read "Chapter IV, Transporter Room".

Chapter IV, Future's Council: This is a good map design with tough but fun battles and excellent story dialogue. I noted a couple of items to consider changing:
-Since the previous map is incorrectly named consider changing this map name to read "Chapter V, Future's Council".
-The Council Engineer dialogue; consider changing "even if I were promitted to tell him" to read "even if I were permitted to tell him".

---------End Report----------

Thanks again for authoring and for giving me the chance to review your work. You did a great job developing this mission and the entire series so far. I look forward to playing/reviewing the next installment in the series. I would like to suggest that you combine all your individual mission postings into a single posting. This would give you a chance to advertise all of them even if you only update one.
Brian

This critique report also filed 01/18/2014 on forum posting for: In depth mission reports upon request.
If you would like a detailed review of your mission please visit my forum posting "In depth mission reports upon request" for details. Also see Evil 70th's list of missions at "Evil 70th's Missions".