Captain
# 21
10-20-2013, 06:20 AM
I just wish my English wasn't so bad. I dont know why, but hispanic ppl are not so fun of RP.

Division Hispana
www.divisionhispana.com
Starfleet Veteran
# 22
10-20-2013, 06:43 AM
I heard a disturbing report that this star base is an Undine infiltrator training ground and every starfleet captain that board the station is replaced.

"The Road To Arc Is Paved With Good Intentions"
Ensign
# 23
10-20-2013, 07:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ussboleyn View Post
I heard a disturbing report that this star base is an Undine infiltrator training ground and every starfleet captain that board the station is replaced.
We hereby cordially invite you to discuss this report, preferably alone. I'm sure this is nothing but a rumour, and you'll be r-...I mean assured we are a genuine Starfleet installation.
Ensign
# 24
10-20-2013, 03:11 PM
I joined the channel ask to dock and as soon as I beamed aboad I got told if I didn't remove my MACO armour to leave :-(

I only have he armour in my uniform slots.

Had to leave... so no RP for me :-(
Lt. Commander
# 25
10-20-2013, 06:31 PM
I stopped by this starbase and as soon as I stopped in I was asked to take off my MACO gear too. I replied that was not happening and I basically told them to piss off. I recommend to every one to just stay away.

Grendel the Wise
USS ATTILA KHAN (NX-921911)
USS CONSTANT SORROW (NX-971971)
Lieutenant
# 26
10-20-2013, 09:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by monodoso View Post
I stopped by this starbase and as soon as I stopped in I was asked to take off my MACO gear too. I replied that was not happening and I basically told them to piss off. I recommend to every one to just stay away.

Grendel the Wise
USS ATTILA KHAN (NX-921911)
USS CONSTANT SORROW (NX-971971)
I've seen that too. It's part of their star-base's regulations and is part of the RP experience. I don't know what the huge problem is...

This fleet has open it's door's, literally, for everyone to RP in. The fleet is taking time out of their own plot / story lines to cater to all the MASSIVE amounts of requests to dock. I saw one guy in the chat for 5 hours inviting people in. I've seen people from the fleet stand and be security for the base and chase people rp'ing as "trouble makers" on the base.

Have some class dude. Just because you didn't want to follow their rules, doesn't mean everyone has to stay away. Maybe next time just take the gear off? Who wants to sit in a lounge with a MACO suit on anyways? Makes drinking a little difficult.

For those who see this and are curious, this is a great fleet to RP with. I am personally not with the fleet, but I have been RP'ing with them for about a month. They are great people, will help if you need it, and I appreciate them doing this for the STO community.

Last edited by dauntlessf05; 10-20-2013 at 09:45 PM. Reason: Because I can't spell
Starfleet Veteran
# 27
10-21-2013, 09:31 AM
The 26th are hardcore roleplayers. Them asking you to remove MACO armor is perfectly acceptable as a rping thing.

If you want to interact with roleplayers, then ROLEPLAY for pete's sake!

I remember once I walked around starbase 39, a Vice admiral, and two ensign players were rping and one of them did not address me by my rank but by a "Hey you".

I rped them to drop and do pushups, and they didn't blink an eye they just did the emotes.

That's how rping works, folks. You immerse yourself into a "realistic" and reasonable expectation based on your environment. If you have rules not to wear MACO armor on a starbase, and in character you refuse? That's fine, but if it's what your character Actually would do. then ask yourself, would Kirk or Sisko put up with guests on his ship/or station refusing to comply with a rule or regulation?
http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc6/246641_323883057709996_347034197_n.jpg
Ensign
# 28
10-22-2013, 05:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chokopop1 View Post
I'm unsure where you got that nonsense from. We treat everyone equally, whether you're a roleplayer or not. Besides, why would you even want to go onto a Starbase, dedicated to roleplayers, if you're not a roleplayer?

Long story short, whether you're completely new to roleplaying, or a hardcore roleplayer, we'd love to see everyone. Just don't start ruining the experience for everybody else.

They initially ignore anyone not roleplaying, and if you refuse to roleplay they will refuse to send an invite to their fleet's Starbase. It's that simple...

It hilariously ironic some players pretend to care about Star Trek when their role playing discriminates against people who choose to be different...

The same arguments you are using against me are the same arguments used by racists to justify segregation. The sole fact that I wouldn't role play shouldn't have been reason enough to exclude me if you are not prejudice as you claim.

Unfortunately your claim is a lie...
Ensign
# 29
10-22-2013, 05:38 AM
Quote:
If you want to interact with roleplayers, then ROLEPLAY for pete's sake!

Have some class dude. Just because you didn't want to follow their rules, doesn't mean everyone has to stay away. Maybe next time just take the gear off? Who wants to sit in a lounge with a MACO suit on anyways? Makes drinking a little difficult.
I didn't realize Pete was the God of roleplayers and demanded Roleplayers only interact with other Roleplayers...

Now that I see this is a religious thing it makes perfect sense for you all to discriminate against non-Roleplayers.

You are even telling people what they can wear and what they cannot wear! I really couldn't help you all be more fascist.

Starbase 381 will fail as soon as everyone is tried of following some kid's arbitrary rules...
Captain
# 30
10-22-2013, 05:42 AM
I think that's about as close as one can come to Godwining a thread without technically Godwinning.