Career Officer
# 111
10-20-2013, 01:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nabreeki View Post
SFD does not have monthly charges; we do NOT believe in charging others for "access" to the fleet. That being said, SFD does help contribute to giveaway events sponsored by NOP, so we toss ec in now and then to help. Once you are in SFD, ec won't really be much of an issue, so it shouldn't affect your wallet too mucg.
I thought SFD was a member of the goon squad and goon squad requires monthly payments, not to troll just need clarification. your offer seems great but i dont want to leave my current fleet for SFD then find out i have to pay to stay in SFD. I dont mind giving to the fleet but being required to contribute money to stay seems excessive. how much e.c. would i be required to "toss" in?
Punish the feds!!!
Captain
# 112
10-20-2013, 05:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pieeatter View Post
I thought SFD was a member of the goon squad and goon squad requires monthly payments, not to troll just need clarification. your offer seems great but i dont want to leave my current fleet for SFD then find out i have to pay to stay in SFD. I dont mind giving to the fleet but being required to contribute money to stay seems excessive. how much e.c. would i be required to "toss" in?
Your information is incorrect. Though Goonsquad and Starfleet Dental both use the same forum community, we have absolutely nothing to do with each other. There are more than 100,000 people that use that website, so it's ridiculous to think we all know each other. Most SFD members have never played EVE, have no desire to play EVE, etc. There is a large contingent of Anti-SFD players who invented the SFD/GS rumors. Based on the information you gave me, I have a pretty good idea who/where you got it from. You may even be a member of said fleet, who knows, but I will write out this information anyway for any and all interested parties:

1. We do not have monthly fees. Ever.
2. The only reason we have an entry amount, 1m (and, to be honest, if you're trying to get into SFD, 1m should be almost nothing to you), is to ensure that cadets who join SFDA WANT to be there. We formerly had players join up, ask for free bugships, then bounce when turned down. A 1m application fee cuts out most of the garbage players and moochers.
3. SFD/NOP giveaways are only given every so often, and during the last one, over 1 billion ec worth of ships, gear, and in-game money were given to players, no strings attached, by the NOP leader Acidcouch. We do not expect you to give nearly this much. You can donate as much as you can afford. Most senior players give away millions (one of our former members, Butts, gave hundreds of millions to the fleet regularly), but since money comes fast in Dental, it's not a problem. We certainly do not expect this much money from new players, and especially players who don't want to contribute. You can toss in a few hundred thousand if you want, a million, five, fifty, it really doesn't matter. It all goes back into the community anyway. If you don't want to, or don't have the money, it's no problem. It won't affect your position in Dental. We are one of the few fleets that does not give promotions based on fleet contributions, as we find that method distasteful and extortive.

Again: No obligation to empty your wallet. Not part of Goon squad. Yes, there is a 1 million application free. If you are not interested in benefiting the STO community, then you need not apply.

Edit: I recognize your name, and I know you have attempted to troll Dental on the forums before (and a simple forums search of your name turns up posts by you edited by a mod for violating ToS). I will leave this information up for others to see, but we know you are not some impartial poster just asking questions.
Quote:
Originally Posted by daan2006 View Post
damn rly hate pooping my pants before i can make it to the bathroom lmao

Last edited by nabreeki; 10-20-2013 at 05:24 PM.
Career Officer
# 113
10-21-2013, 07:49 AM
you are correct i have stood up for my fleet in the past. however, after digging a little deeper dental's view was correct thats why im asking questions. last question does SFD use ts3? I would love to come talk to you all and see if i fit in plus its a must have to pvp.
Punish the feds!!!
Career Officer
# 114
10-21-2013, 03:21 PM
oops
Punish the feds!!!

Last edited by pieeatter; 10-21-2013 at 04:13 PM.
Captain
# 115
12-31-2013, 07:44 PM
The Starfleet Dental Academy class of 2014 is currently accepting promising recruits to join our ranks!

Want to join STO's FIRST and FINEST fleet, Starfleet Dental? Well, that is now possible only through membership in the Starfleet Dental Academy.

SFDA allows new members to play and socialize with members of SFD and its associate fleets while receiving help and advice on builds, PvP/PvE strategies, access to free ships and items, and much more.

After a short probationary period, recruits eventually graduate into Starfleet Dental proper!

Come join one of the most exclusive fleets in STO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by daan2006 View Post
damn rly hate pooping my pants before i can make it to the bathroom lmao