10-21-2013, 03:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquitaine985 View Post
What a load of PvP bereft REDACTED.
You say that like it's a bad thing.
Starfleet Veteran
# 52
10-21-2013, 04:11 PM
Once my toons enter this place, they may never REDACTED.

And the Q are older than the Tkon, which, presumably, are even older than the Iconians. The Q adding to themselves from the Iconians, are more likely than entirely coming from them.
Commander
# 53
10-21-2013, 04:29 PM
Iconian Gateway as entrance to Solanae sphere confirmed.
These are the unoriginal voyages of the starship Aether. Its continuing mission: to explore boring new worlds, seek out Dilithium and Reputation, to boldly go where everyone has gone before.
Cryptic Studios Team
# 54
10-21-2013, 05:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by o0kami87 View Post
Changing the Rep system again? Fine, just as long as I don't LOSE my progress on my other reps. Really, I just finished the Borg Rep on my 3 character and close to finishing the romulan Rep again. Don't make me start over.

On another note, how are our ancestry cousins?
No changes have been made to the older reputations. We have no plans of taking any hard earned reputation progress or rewards away from anyone! The reputation changes only apply to the new Dyson Joint Command reputation.

Regards,
Phil "Gorngonzolla" Zeleski
Career Officer
# 55
10-21-2013, 05:03 PM
Quote:
Occasionally, we're able to set up a beachhead in the Voth Zone. Here, the Voth control the space around the doorway that exits the sphere, and allied ships conduct daring raids to disrupt Voth operations.
I'm imagining a fight above the outer surface of the Dyson Sphere, pure chaotic carnage as we get in amidst the Voth and 'disrupt' their operations.

I'm probably wrong.
----
Starfleet Veteran
# 56
10-21-2013, 05:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hanover2 View Post
No. The Voth use what is apparently a more advanced "transwarp" that requires no conduits or gateways, and there isn't much need for them to assimilate the technology of inferior races.
Quote:
Originally Posted by stomperx99 View Post
I wonder if the Voth created the Borg... Think about it, they're both Transwarp Capable, they both have very large ships, and they both have neural circuitry (I think...), and we have never seen an assimilated Voth before.

Fleet Admiral Joseph D. Ridgeway
The Armada
www.thebikinibottomarmada.com
Original join date: Feb 5, 2010
Twitter: @davejl_99, & @STO_BBArmada
Captain
# 57
10-21-2013, 05:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by genhauk View Post
Read the Destiny series to learn the origins of the Borg.
Of which has no bearing on the Borg in STO.
Starfleet Veteran
# 58
10-21-2013, 07:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by brigadooom View Post
I'm imagining a fight above the outer surface of the Dyson Sphere, pure chaotic carnage as we get in amidst the Voth and 'disrupt' their operations.

I'm probably wrong.
Pretty close: Judging from screenshots and what's been seen on tribble so far, the chaotic carnage is on and above the inside surface of the sphere.

Haven't seen any of the space stuff since what little is there is crashing, but the ground battle zone can be pure chaos. Mechs dropping in out of the sky, fighters zipping overhead and strafing battle areas, artillery pounding control points, raptors stalking the open areas, just a crazy ridiculous lot of stuff going on.
Career Officer
# 59
10-21-2013, 07:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hevach View Post
Pretty close: Judging from screenshots and what's been seen on tribble so far, the chaotic carnage is on and above the inside surface of the sphere.

Haven't seen any of the space stuff since what little is there is crashing, but the ground battle zone can be pure chaos. Mechs dropping in out of the sky, fighters zipping overhead and strafing battle areas, artillery pounding control points, raptors stalking the open areas, just a crazy ridiculous lot of stuff going on.
Space stuff which I tried before the crash bug really wasn't nearly as chaotic as the ground. Occasionally you get swamped by a lot of spawns, but mostly it is your typical STF with a few minor twists to it.
Empire Veteran
# 60
10-21-2013, 07:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordfuzun View Post
Of which has no bearing on the Borg in STO.
Then neither does the Vesta-class.

A HUGE thank you to Cryptic for the Mogh-class battle cruiser!