Lt. Commander
# 61
10-21-2013, 07:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveyny View Post
But Necessary, considering the way most of us blow through whatever content They give us.

Play the game, put in what ever level of time ya want and reap the benefits of your accomplishment.

Stop attempting to make the game the way you want, and enjoy (make the best of) what ya get.

THANK YOU!

Some one REDACTED gets it!
I AM THE HARBINGER OF HOPE!
I AM THE SWORD OF THE RIGHTOUS!
Captain
# 62
10-21-2013, 07:39 PM
Borg probably try to avoid any Voth because the Voth have technology that could esssentialy just turn the borg tech off. Not a good idea to attack a Voth ship when they have the switch to turn you off. I doubt the Borg will be involved.

As for the large Iconian gateway in space it was destroyed after the Iconians dreagged Empress Sela through it before we could kill the bi... umm kill her. So I doubt it is that gateway. But the gateway you discover at t5 rom rep could have been reverse engineered and a new one built in Tau Dewa that brings ships to the Sphere would be the most likely scenario. Then the underground one could have been rebuilt for people and equipment for ground missions. But thats all speculation and speculating is just for fun.
"I'm drunk, whats your excuse for being an idiot?" - Unknown drunk man.
Starfleet Veteran
# 63
10-21-2013, 09:49 PM
Oh joy, another rep system... I seem to remember a year or two ago we did away with the exploration marks to "simplify the rep system" and now we got almost as many marks again... heres a thought, lets have 1 mark, like you said we would when you started this fiasco about gaining rep.... how about that? Wait, your right, too simple... lets complicate the crap out of it, and have 50 more marks... yea, thats more along the line of what we do around here... yep... thats grindtrek online... complicated (Insert confused look here)
Captain
# 64
10-21-2013, 09:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by genhauk View Post
Then neither does the Vesta-class.
A false conclusion.
STO tooks from the novels what it likes and leaves out what it doesn't like.
Vesta is in, Borg origins are perhaps different (they seem to go with the V'ger-machine-race-connection).

Since I don't like the Destiny origin story of the Borg, I am very happy with that arrangement.

Last edited by xiaoping88; 10-21-2013 at 09:59 PM.
Career Officer
# 65
10-21-2013, 10:04 PM
How and why is it the Romulans who have a base there?

They are barely able to manage their new planet without the rest of us running around scanning, collecting, battling and otherwise settling issues. How would they have the resources and manpower?
Lord Michlo

Builds:
http://tinyurl.com/kqqg8f5
http://tinyurl.com/n3ewgcw
Captain
# 66
10-21-2013, 11:31 PM
Quote:
originally posted by Cryptic :
Finishing tasks in the adventure zone will reward you with Dyson Marks and Commendation, used with the Dyson Joint Command reputation to gain epic rewards!
Here's what's missing from that statement :
"Once those awards are unlocked , you will gain you access to missions (STF's) of higher difficulty levels that can only be played using the offensive/defensive bonuses granted by this Reputation's epic rewards " .

Quote:
We look forward to seeing you in the Sphere ? Dyson Joint Command is going to need all the Dilithium that they can get!
Fixed that for you .
http://s28.postimg.org/663z5paa5/New_Sig_2_14.png
For more info click : Here and here .
Commander
# 67
10-22-2013, 02:41 AM
So Romulans, Klingons and Feds are to begin another joint operation. Wasn't there a war going on somewhere? I heard some rumours...

Imagine Germany and GB during WWII suddendly saying "yes we are mortal enemies but let's organize a joint arctic exploration expedition and divert some frontline troups and ships to support it".
Captain
# 68
10-22-2013, 03:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by michlo View Post
How and why is it the Romulans who have a base there?

They are barely able to manage their new planet without the rest of us running around scanning, collecting, battling and otherwise settling issues. How would they have the resources and manpower?
Because it's their Iconian gateway that connects to the Dyson Sphere. On their planet.
Obvisously the Romulan Republic is shaping up quite well.
Ensign
# 69
10-22-2013, 04:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by genhauk View Post
Then neither does the Vesta-class.
The Canon events that depicted the Galaxy-X also never took place in "our" timeline; yet Starfleet developed it anyway, though under different circumstances. I dare say the same applies to the Vesta.

Besides, i'm glad none of that Destiny crap was incorporated Info STO, at least storywise.
Career Officer
# 70
10-22-2013, 04:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gorngonzolla View Post
No changes have been made to the older reputations. We have no plans of taking any hard earned reputation progress or rewards away from anyone! The reputation changes only apply to the new Dyson Joint Command reputation.

Regards,
Phil "Gorngonzolla" Zeleski
that is not what i've heard...

Geko in some trekradio live stream interview (priority one?) at Las Vegas Con said that they would make changes to the next Rep System and if people liked it the older ones would be updated too.

Of course no progress would be taken away, but any new projects would require different inputs (EC instead of millions of commodities mostly i think.)