Republic Veteran
# 71
10-22-2013, 04:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aelfwin1 View Post
Here's what's missing from that statement :
"Once those awards are unlocked , you will gain you access to missions (STF's) of higher difficulty levels that can only be played using the offensive/defensive bonuses granted by this Reputation's epic rewards " .

Fixed that for you .
Wow, pessimistic much???? Why are you even playing this game?

I'm sure they are really pleased you 'fixed' that for them. They must have been really panicking.
Rake Morgrave - Federation Human
Fade Akira - Federation Reman
Reza Malin - KDF Nausicaan
" Experience is a hard mistress, she gives the tests first and the lessons after..."
Lieutenant
# 72
10-22-2013, 06:04 AM
Dyson Marks? lol! Grind, grind, grind... Yay for content, but so tired of Devs relying on the grind to keep players around. I'll check back when Season 9 rolls around.
Career Officer
# 73
10-22-2013, 07:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveyny View Post
But Necessary, considering the way most of us blow through whatever content They give us.

Play the game, put in what ever level of time ya want and reap the benefits of your accomplishment.

Stop attempting to make the game the way you want, and enjoy (make the best of) what ya get.

Sorry guy, but another Reputation to grind is just crap. Something to keep the masses busy until the next resource sink come along, or the next shinny.

Reputation in and of itself isn't necessarily bad, but in this game it is used in lew of content (or to make up for content that is practically dead on arrival), where the same 2 or three missions have to be grinded for ridiculously low rewards.
Most JJ Trek hate = IDIC fail.
Quote:
Most who don't like the new Star Trek either didn't like TOS, don't remember TOS, or didn't see TOS
Career Officer
# 74
10-22-2013, 09:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordagamemnonb5 View Post
Sorry guy, but another Reputation to grind is just crap. Something to keep the masses busy until the next resource sink come along, or the next shinny.

Reputation in and of itself isn't necessarily bad, but in this game it is used in lew of content (or to make up for content that is practically dead on arrival), where the same 2 or three missions have to be grinded for ridiculously low rewards.
Then Don't Do It.

I highly doubt anybody from PWE or Cryptic is going to show up at your doorstep and twist your arm until you play Their game.

Such silly nonsense, it's a game... If ya don't like the way things are going, then move on.

I'm sure there's something out there that'll peak your interests.

And if ya do decide to return at some point...., I'll still be here to welcome ya back.

...... DaveyNY ...STO Forum Member since February - 2009
..............Star Trek Fan since Thursday Sept. 8th, 1966
There are No Longer any STO Veterans... We're Just People who have Played the Game for the last 4.5 years.
I Really Do Miss the little TOP Button at the bottom of the threads.

Last edited by daveyny; 10-22-2013 at 09:12 AM.
Rihannsu
# 75
10-22-2013, 11:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveyny View Post
Then Don't Do It.

I highly doubt anybody from PWE or Cryptic is going to show up at your doorstep and twist your arm until you play Their game.

Such silly nonsense, it's a game... If ya don't like the way things are going, then move on.

I'm sure there's something out there that'll peak your interests.

And if ya do decide to return at some point...., I'll still be here to welcome ya back.

Correction... You will still be here to welcome him back... with your rep fully maxed at Tier 5
The Shepard's Prayer:

"Oh Lord, Please don't let me F-up"
Rihannsu
# 76
10-22-2013, 01:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by brigadooom View Post
I'm imagining a fight above the outer surface of the Dyson Sphere, pure chaotic carnage as we get in amidst the Voth and 'disrupt' their operations.

I'm probably wrong.
This is pretty much what the Ground Warzone is like.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Career Officer
# 77
10-22-2013, 03:32 PM
They need to go ahead and end the Federation/Klingon war so things like join operations between romulans/kdf/fed will make sense.
"Would you mind not standing on my chest? My hat's on fire." - The Doctor

My Let's Play Series of STO - http://www.youtube.com/user/JustGaming4Us
Lieutenant
# 78 Oh Boy
10-22-2013, 11:16 PM
great another rep to grind and yet another currency to farm.. screen shots looks really nice, too bad it will take another 5 days after the launch to be able to play the zone, cause of server crashes..