Career Officer
# 11
10-22-2013, 05:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by trekkerchick View Post
I would pay to unlock remasters of the old starships. Especially the Intrepid, Nova, Nebula and Galaxy.
You hear me, Cryptic? *rattles purse* I would pay!
Me too.

High priority:

- Olympic (it was done almost completely wrong)
- Sovereign
- Negh'Var (lacks many many details, I hope those come with the next KDF-Zen-ship)
- Constitution TMP-refit (c'mon... it looks like those engineers from NX-01 rebuilt it)
- Galaxy/Nebula/Luna (could be worse, could also be one hell of a lot better)
- Nova (The fleet-version didn't get an update on the main deflector, but it needs a better deflector. Badly.)
- Better textures for klingon ships and altered models for D7 and bridges for non-klingon KDF-vessels. Where did the Gorn, Orions, Nausicaans and Letheans get the blueprints to excuse their own lazyness of interior ship-construction? And since when does anybody but klingons like blood-red, smokey places to sit and run a ship all day?
Ensign
# 12
10-22-2013, 11:05 AM
I see so many people here have a keen interest to have the ships on a consistent and appropriate level comparable to the Ambassador Class.

The question that presents itself to us now is how do we persuade Cryptic / PWE to bring these changes to implement ...

Any ideas?

maybe a petition would be an idea
Rihannsu
# 13
10-22-2013, 11:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by an672b1 View Post
The question that presents itself to us now is how do we persuade Cryptic / PWE to bring these changes to implement ...

Any ideas?

ppl on the forums start being like the borg one mind one voice
the age of launcher... is over...!! the time of the ARC has come!!!!!!!!!
One ARC to rule them all, One ARC to find them,
One ARC to bring them all and in the darkness bind them!
actual joining date = no one cares!!!!
Republic Veteran
# 14
10-22-2013, 11:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by an672b1 View Post
I see so many people here have a keen interest to have the ships on a consistent and appropriate level comparable to the Ambassador Class.

Any ideas?

Crowd sourcing. Open an account and have fans donate towards it. If the ship gets built Cryptic gets the money. If not it goes to feed the hungry.

Put that way it would be better to not make the ship, lol.
Republic Veteran
# 15
10-22-2013, 11:31 AM
The Sovereign is old and decrepit. It has been replaced by the newer hotties, Odyssey and Avenger. What is it 40-50 years old, destined for the scrapyard for sure.
Captain
# 16
10-22-2013, 12:29 PM
It might be an oldie but it ages better than your girlfriend.

Those "new and improved" ships look awful.
Republic Veteran
# 17
10-22-2013, 01:14 PM
I agree that's why they should allow a T5 REDACTED in the game.
Rihannsu
# 18
10-22-2013, 02:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by solidneutronium View Post
The Sovereign is old and decrepit. It has been replaced by the newer hotties, Odyssey and Avenger. What is it 40-50 years old, destined for the scrapyard for sure.
According to the TNG technical manual, the Galaxy-class was expected to have a service life of at least a century, if not more. The Sovereign was advanced enough to still be the Federation flagship as of 2408. Ships last a long time in Star Trek.
Career Officer
# 19
10-22-2013, 02:21 PM
It did sort of annoy me that they went for the actual Enterprise-D CGI kitbash version of the Nebula-class, rather than the physical studio model. Not that it isn't a valid version to use, but I'd have preferred the latter.
---------------------------------------------------
U.S.S. Endeavour NCC-91771 - Nebula-class
Commanding Officer: Captain Pyotr Ramonovich Amosov
Dedication Plaque: "Leave nothing unattempted" - James Cook
Republic Veteran
# 20
10-22-2013, 02:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaanithegreen View Post
According to the TNG technical manual, the Galaxy-class was expected to have a service life of at least a century, if not more. The Sovereign was advanced enough to still be the Federation flagship as of 2408. Ships last a long time in Star Trek.
Yes, but this Star Trek Online a totally different animal.