Captain
# 11
10-20-2013, 01:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrq2 View Post
Is something wrong with the ground Zone?

Not much to do. the whole map is blue with only 3 small red zones.

Does the Zone need to be reset or am I missing some thing.

yes there is major problems atm
Commander
# 12
10-20-2013, 02:27 PM
A poster brought up a good point about the dinos. Don't really feel any danger from them. The v-Rex is strong but even just 3 players plus boffs no one was in any danger. It just took some time to bring it down. I know it's hard to find a difficulty balance that everyone can be happy with as the threads about nerfing already easy Borg STFs will attest, but that V-Rex should be a deadly monster. Same goes the Exo-suits. Feels weird that comparatively unarmored humanoids on foot are taking two of those down with little difficulty. Maybe shorten those telegraphs when they are about to do something.

That being said, the strike commanders and spec ops voth are tough enemies that can certainly surprise you.

The biggest issue IMO is the same issue all ground pve has. Any of these new enemies can be rendered totally immobilized and unable to respond simply by spamming the secondary attack of a sword to chain the unresistable knockback. It's a problem that has gone unanswered in pve and pvp. Even if the difficulty is adjusted, it won't make any difference to sword users. Press 222222222222 until the opponent is dead and it won't even get a chance to respond. Return that secondary to an expose attack like it used to be and require a successful combo completion to get the knockback like the other melee weapons and problem solved.

Last edited by nulonu; 10-20-2013 at 02:30 PM.
Empire Veteran
# 13
10-22-2013, 01:11 PM
Where do we access the new AZ on Tribble?
Previously: QorDaq
Lt. General, KDF Division Commanding, 12th Fleet
Career Officer
# 14
10-22-2013, 01:34 PM
So here was my first 30 minute run of the new Voth ground combat.

Each of the 3 sectors had one outstanding red zone in each of the sectors. So I spent 30 minutes beaming to the remaing red zones and never saw anything of combat. My 30 minutes came to an ubrupt end when I fell off the spire. When I landed I walked for ages looking up at the spires. I'm guessing this shouldn't have happened as the /stuck co and did nothing and I was unable to beam to my ship. Just trapped in limbo.

Not a great first test run but I'll try again tomorrow providing my alt doesn't beam in to limbo where I left him.
Rihannsu
# 15
10-25-2013, 11:18 AM
I was looking around and noticed something annoying. Tricorders are useless! Seriously. I stood on one of the Voth caches and pressed V. NOTHING!

EDIT, oops, wrong thread
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.

Last edited by markhawkman; 10-25-2013 at 11:21 AM.
Rihannsu
# 16
10-25-2013, 08:44 PM
How do you get to the ground combat, been flying in here for 2 hours and nothing? /sigh
I am guessing it was taken down.
DAY 5: Finally the problem is solved, no more "server not responding"!
"The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few"
Career Officer
# 17
10-28-2013, 10:06 AM
only had two hidden features (aka bugs) yesterday.

1. the map overlay (red/blue) completely vanished along with the icons
2. everyone had a personal cloaking field (terrain and structures were visible but anything mobile kept cutting in and out including warning icons like grenades and mortors)
There is no QA there is only ZUUL
Rihannsu
# 18
10-29-2013, 04:31 PM
Okay, my 2 Energy Credits:

The Voth play-dead-and-get-back-up thing feels like it happens too frequently and too quickly. Perhaps reduce the chance of it happening and make the time involved more than a few seconds. Right now it just feels like you have kill some Voth twice. Maybe if they have a longer time playing dead, so players move away and can be surprised by an extra Voth or two instead of the current fight 2 waves of Voth at the same time situation that happens now. This is of course an issue that might not present it self on Holodeck, but the lower population on tribble means with fewer players you can be overwhelmed faster.
Career Officer
# 19
11-02-2013, 01:31 PM
Is it just me or do the little raptors pounce move hold for too long?

Also, the Voth mortars do waaayyyyyy too much damage.
Some people buy tier 5 ships and expect to win. Other people buy tier 5 ships and are tier 5 pilots.
~Tear
Lt. Commander
# 20
11-05-2013, 01:08 AM
After toying around with the Voth in the battlezone for a few days I only noticed one annoying 'feature' specific to the critter group.

The frakking feign death. It's not even that it feels like in every group besides the most basic ones there is at least one of them using it, the most annoying part of it is that after they get up they get a several second lasting damage immunity. And usualy (since you are moving towards the still standing enemies) you are guaranteed to target them the second they stand up because of course they are lying closer to you than the remaining alive foes.

Sooooo annoying. If you make cat dinos with multiple lives please don't make them immune to my shiny omega carabine ,c