Cryptic Studios Team
# 11
10-22-2013, 02:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by matchstick606 View Post
(as the gates open) "and welcome to jurassic park" .......queue music
Sorry, we couldn't afford John Williams. . .
-The Artist formerly known as Tumerboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightybobcnc View Post
Tacofangs, what is your beef with where's Sulu?
Career Officer
# 12
10-22-2013, 02:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacofangs View Post
ROTFLMAO...

More appropriate anyway!

(Just need to add a bit of a banjo in there)

......... DaveyNY ...STO Forum Minion since February - 2009
..............Star Trek Fan since Thursday Sept. 8th, 1966
There are No Longer any STO Veterans... We're Just Minions who have Played the Game for the last 4.75 years.
.......................SARCASM... Just Another Service I Offer...
Career Officer
# 13
10-22-2013, 03:01 PM
I have to admit, I didn't believe that you guys would actually put REDACTED into this game. Don't get me wrong, I think that REDACTED is cool, but I guess I'll have to see how you implemented it. At the same time it does make sense than the Voth would want REDACTED. I mean, who doesn't want REDACTED?

-Lantesh
Since Feb. 2009

It's time for STO to get a complete UI overhaul.
Republic Veteran
# 14
10-22-2013, 03:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacofangs View Post
Will we get a Chaka non-combat pet?
Career Officer
# 15
10-22-2013, 03:03 PM
The last time I got REDACTED, it took a full course of antibiotics to get rid of it.

<chuckle>

......... DaveyNY ...STO Forum Minion since February - 2009
..............Star Trek Fan since Thursday Sept. 8th, 1966
There are No Longer any STO Veterans... We're Just Minions who have Played the Game for the last 4.75 years.
.......................SARCASM... Just Another Service I Offer...
Rihannsu
# 16
10-22-2013, 03:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveyny View Post
I've tried it twice so far...

Despite the current BUGS, it's a lot of fun.

I don't think it's going to be a que type of thing, it seems to be a 5- 20 man instance that can be joined at any point.

Once the over-all goal is achieved the particular instance you're in, re-sets itself and ya start all over again.

And you get ambushed by the respawning enemies... Hehe.... Oh well. The [redacted] built by [redacted] are definitely a new experience to fight against.

What? you didn't really think that the Voth and their pet dinosaurs were the only enemies did you?

Speaking of which, some of the Voth enemies really do require carefully thought out tactics and not just "shoot it until it dies" Sure "shoot it until it dies", does kinda work, but it's not the most efficient method.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Captain
# 17
10-22-2013, 03:05 PM
This looks good, I will try it out when its live.
Captain
# 18
10-22-2013, 03:27 PM
Can we make it so that all team ground combat lets us have at least one bridge officer or two like this new adventure zone does? One of the big reasons I never liked doing ground borg stfs or other such ground combat was that I've never found hyposprays/shield charges sufficient to stay alive, I need my heal...erm... polite phrasing... buddies? yes, I need my heal buddies. Maybe I just don't know how to do it right, maybe the sci on the team wasn't properly being the heal buddy or maybe the eng on the team wasn't properly being the uber tank or whatever... but yeah, no matter what career I've gone into ground combat on, I've always found I need my heal buddies. I need 'em bad.
Career Officer
# 19
10-22-2013, 03:29 PM
man, this looks awesome! It's taking so much effort to stop myself from going on to Tribble!

And at this point most people know what "REDACTED" actually is, but I wonder if the Devs chuckle a little every time they write it
__________________________________________________ ___
Anyone want to give me a Wells class Temporal Science Vessel? Ill be your friend
Career Officer
# 20
10-22-2013, 03:34 PM
These [Redacted] silos sound like they could be comparable in destructive power to certain ring-shaped installations in other fiction... What fun I'm about to have!