Captain
# 31
10-22-2013, 11:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by solidneutronium View Post
Considered and rejected because it didn't make sense. But here comes Cryptic thinking otherwise.
Well, I didn't have any issues with it; but I guess that's what makes you, you.
STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
Republic Veteran
# 32
10-22-2013, 11:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecosmic1 View Post
Well, I didn't have any issues with it; but I guess that's what makes you, you.
Meh, it wasn't a big of a deal but these little inconsistencies are starting to add up. Pretty soon we'll have dinosau.....
Rihannsu
# 33
10-22-2013, 01:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwing78 View Post
Like for example a planetary defense shield? defending one self does not necessarily mean one has to resort to deadly weapons.
Riiiiight... How well did that work for Alderaan?

Let's ask them! Oh, wait.....
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Lieutenant
# 34
10-22-2013, 01:50 PM
I listened to the podcast last night.. what I got out of it is: (Oct.31 Event Episode)
1.There will be a story link to a previous STO featured episode that will answers questions.
2. The Reward Carrier is a ship from a Star Trek TNG episode. (which all were baffled)
3. Episode sets up Season 8.
4. I think they said the reward ship will require Lobi to acquire it ....

That is if I understood the interview, as stated before the audio wasn't good.

So, If I heard correctly... the carrier ship....... lets use deduction:
1. It's from the Delta Quadrant
2. Unknown origin ship from Star Trek TNG....

My guess is the Borg ship from Descent part 1 & 2.. (you know the one with Liberated Borg, Lore, Transwarp conduit in space to the Delta Quadrant, the episode where Crusher remembers the Metaphasic Shielding, blah blah blah.....)
The ship is big and powerful, certainly large enough for a carrier.
Rihannsu
# 35
10-22-2013, 03:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by macwilliam1975 View Post
I listened to the podcast last night.. what I got out of it is: (Oct.31 Event Episode)
1.There will be a story link to a previous STO featured episode that will answers questions.
2. The Reward Carrier is a ship from a Star Trek TNG episode. (which all were baffled)
3. Episode sets up Season 8.
4. I think they said the reward ship will require Lobi to acquire it ....

That is if I understood the interview, as stated before the audio wasn't good.

So, If I heard correctly... the carrier ship....... lets use deduction:
1. It's from the Delta Quadrant
2. Unknown origin ship from Star Trek TNG....

My guess is the Borg ship from Descent part 1 & 2.. (you know the one with Liberated Borg, Lore, Transwarp conduit in space to the Delta Quadrant, the episode where Crusher remembers the Metaphasic Shielding, blah blah blah.....)
The ship is big and powerful, certainly large enough for a carrier.
That doesn't say "alien" though... that's just a weird Borg design.

Maybe the Delta Rana ship?
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Starfleet Veteran
# 36
10-22-2013, 03:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by markhawkman View Post
That doesn't say "alien" though... that's just a weird Borg design.

Maybe the Delta Rana ship?
The Husnock warship? Well, I guess they won't be using their ships anymore, being extinct and all.

However my vote goes to the Promellian battle cruiser.
---------------------------------------------------
U.S.S. Endeavour NCC-91771 - Nebula-class
Commanding Officer: Captain Pyotr Ramonovich Amosov
Dedication Plaque: "Leave nothing unattempted" - James Cook

Last edited by amosov78; 10-22-2013 at 03:29 PM.
Career Officer
# 37
10-22-2013, 03:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by f2pdrakron View Post
Why?

They had no enemies, races without natural predators will not create defensive mechanics against predators that naturally do not exist.

The Preservers in their time were the only humanoid and sentient species in the Galaxy, why exactly would they develop weapons and against who?

This is a culture shock, to me a weapon is something designed to destroy or kill ... things can be turned into weapons, pretty much anyone with a modern medical lab can produce chemical weapons at the level of the Great War but the point is, knowledge does not automatic equal weaponize, just because I can turn a biological culture into a bioweapon does not mean I will automatic will do so, especially when such would have no use.

Trying to turn the Preservers into a militarized race makes no sense, it makes less sense that what they did with the Voth.
Again with the speciest thinking...

http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Non-humanoid_species

Not everything in the universe is descended from the Preservers. Specifically I feel the Sheliak, the Crystalline Entity, and the Undine (Species 8472) are definitely not children of the Preservers. What I do think however is there is a link between the Guardian of Forever, the Preservers, and the Founders.
Rihannsu
# 38
10-22-2013, 03:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by amosov78 View Post
The Husnock warship? Well, I guess they won't be using their ships anymore, being extinct and all.

However my vote goes to the Promellian battle cruiser.
The Promellians were an Alpha Quadrant power though. We don't really know a lot about the Husnock, just that Kevin exterminated them in a fit of rage.... oh and that Kevin's recreation used Anti-Proton weapons.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
Rihannsu
# 39
10-22-2013, 04:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by elvnswords View Post
Again with the speciest thinking...

http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Non-humanoid_species

Not everything in the universe is descended from the Preservers. Specifically I feel the Sheliak, the Crystalline Entity, and the Undine (Species 8472) are definitely not children of the Preservers. What I do think however is there is a link between the Guardian of Forever, the Preservers, and the Founders.
don't forget this list: http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Non-corporeal_species

Being made out of energy doesn't prevent beings from interacting with their environment. Just ask Troi about what happened when she tried to fight Isabella.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
Starfleet Veteran
# 40
10-22-2013, 04:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by markhawkman View Post
The Promellians were an Alpha Quadrant power though. We don't really know a lot about the Husnock, just that Kevin exterminated them in a fit of rage.... oh and that Kevin's recreation used Anti-Proton weapons.
It's indeed possible, though I wonder if Cryptic would arm the ship with special beam/pulse arrays comprising of jacketed streams of positrons and antiprotons?
---------------------------------------------------
U.S.S. Endeavour NCC-91771 - Nebula-class
Commanding Officer: Captain Pyotr Ramonovich Amosov
Dedication Plaque: "Leave nothing unattempted" - James Cook