Go Back   Star Trek Online > Test Servers > Tribble - General Discussion and Feedback
Login

Captain
# 21
10-14-2013, 06:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lostusthorn View Post
The original fed tutorial is multi person, and i personally loved how that felt and was saddened that the rest of the game is so single player.
and while I didn't mind the multi-person aspect in the original tutorial, it is a hindrance in this one.

You end up getting credit for tasks you didn't do. Story elements are missed because different people are on different objectives.

Multi-person was fine in the old tutorial, but I don't like it for this one.
Career Officer
# 22
10-14-2013, 09:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by grouchyotaku View Post
This morning, trying with previous 'stuck' characters, they remained stuck. But deleting a stuck character, and starting from scratch I was able to complete the mission. Anyone with a 'stuck' character should try the same...
I started from scratch, and everything went much smoother this time. I was actually able to complete the mission properly and get to Earth spacedock.
Career Officer
# 23
10-14-2013, 11:38 PM
I didn't realize there was a separate thread for this mission - I thought it was still part of the tutorial, and there seems to be plenty of Vega-related feedback in the tutorial feedback thread. Just a heads up.

I can understand the urge to make the Vega maps multiplayer, but tying everyone's objectives together makes it possible for a new player do not have to complete any of the objectives themselves.

The tutorial told me to equip a kit, but I hadn't yet arrived at the crates where you pick one up.

I believe Captain Vo'Lok field promoted me to Ensign, but when I speak with Quinn, the conversation indicates that he made me a Lieutenant. And then Quinn promotes me...to Lieutenant.
Career Officer
# 24
10-20-2013, 10:48 AM
once you reach the colony and beam down, your only objective is to beam back to your ship and then transwarp beam to Quinn's office and be trapped for life
There is no QA there is only ZUUL

#boycott/pwe/cryptic
Career Officer
# 25
10-20-2013, 02:27 PM
So I got as far as beaming down to Vega, beaming out two group of colonists and then getting the armor. When that happened, one of those help pop-ups activated (despite me disabling them earlier) and then the game crashed. Reloaded and apparently all of the objectives were completed. So I ended up going back to my ship, the Renown thanked me for me efforts and I left for ESD.

So I can't actually give any real feedback on this part of the tutorial because the game skipped me through the whole thing!

And now it says I have to go back to Vega colony.

But I'm stuck on ESD so I can't!

Last edited by rogueice; 10-20-2013 at 02:37 PM.
Lieutenant
# 26
10-22-2013, 07:22 PM
Same here.

But now I can't even get that far in the new Tutoral. Because if the Brek Even {Elsa} bug.
Career Officer
# 27
10-22-2013, 07:33 PM
Created a new toon... played through the mission was sent to ESD... and now stuck... nothing to do... and I can't beam out.

Mission objectives says I need to go back to Vega.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------Star Trek Online, Now with out the Trek....
Career Officer
# 28
10-22-2013, 09:30 PM
oK... Created a new character to test again... this mission finishes while you are in space around vega (Hail to complete BEFORE warping to ESD).

Then it picked up as normal.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------Star Trek Online, Now with out the Trek....
Survivor of Romulus
# 29
10-26-2013, 06:26 PM
Looks good to start with, although I could not progress past the first section after getting a CTD.

Issues:

Unable to select bridge officers for away team, which I presume is a bug since when on the ground Flores keeps talking to me with the planet surface as the background.

Freezes and CTD's when I go to pick up a kit from the crates after speaking to the group by the gate.

Looks good so far though, will try again tomorrow perhaps with a new toon.
http://stosignatures.ufplanets.com/Terrell-STO.png

Looking for a dedicated Star Trek community? Visit www.ufplanets.com for details.
Career Officer
# 30
10-28-2013, 02:02 AM
Finally got to this mission after getting though the Tutorial without bugs.

First Off, and this is very important:

VEGA IS NOT IN THE BETA QUADRANT! IT IS "NORTHWEST" OF EARTH!

You guys do have the Star Trek Star charts, do you not?

Would've been a golden opportunity for you to add the missing sectors of the Alpha Quadrant and instead of Pollux, you could've used Tellar or Altair.

Likes: The new "Vega" Colony was better than it originally was and had a good floor.

Dislikes:

1) Borg assimilating an entire world within a few minutes.
2) Federation not noticing a HUGE wave of Borg Cubes
3) A Borg Transwarp Hub magically appearing out of the blue.

Massive Dislike: Those Borg Voiceovers............they are absolutely horrible, worst thing I have ever heard in any game ever since I started playing games with the original Atari.

The Story: Is just horrible, it's like a bad Foundry mission. (No Offense) I really wish you didn't murder the original Tutorial / Khitomer Accord storyline. That was one of the best things of STO and now it's gone......

Now with this new story, it makes absolutely no sense that the Borg suddenly appear, undetected, set up camp at Vega, assimilate the entire world, and never are heard from ever again.

Please, don't murder a good thing. Restore the original story.

Last edited by azurianstar; 10-28-2013 at 03:27 AM.