Commander
For years I have been having to press an action multiple times for it to activate... will this ever be improved?

Space/ground UI is very unresponsive and doesn't feel polished.

A skill will go grey as if it had begun to activate and then return to normal without any effect. I must then press it again in the hope that it will work this time. This causes a buff cycle that should take maybe three seconds to take up to twice that amount of time.

Trying to activate an ability in a pinch is almost futile given this delay.

Will the UI be improved?
Starfleet Veteran
# 2
10-23-2013, 12:32 AM
One of the issues seems to be that when you rapidly mouse click, or key press, powers it seems to override the activation of the last power you tried to activate.
---------------------------------------------------
U.S.S. Endeavour NCC-91771 - Nebula-class
Commanding Officer: Captain Pyotr Ramonovich Amosov
Dedication Plaque: "Leave nothing unattempted" - James Cook
Captain
# 3
10-23-2013, 12:42 AM
I really must agree. There is nothing worse than activating something to save your own life, and die because it didnt activate......
Inertia just means you can do Powerslides in you carrier!
I am Il Shadow and i approve these Shennanigans!
Career Officer
# 4
10-23-2013, 12:52 AM
Short answer, No. Their idea of fixing the UI came in the form of a reskin and not addressing the fundamental problems with the UI itself. If there was ever a true failure by Cryptic with this game, it has to be the UI.
Commander
# 5
10-23-2013, 01:03 AM
You're telling me it wasn't just me having this problem? Clicking 4+ times to start a space skill. I haven't noticed any delays in ground combat, I rarely ground fight. Nothing burns me more than dying because 'Reverse Shield Polarity II' took 3 clicks in stead of one.

Then there's the funny error when you activate a skill, and the cool down timer doesn't show up. Skill stays lit as if you can use it again. Click it = timer shows up all of a sudden.
Career Officer
# 6
10-23-2013, 01:22 AM
It is worth noting that keybinds work every single time.. Which is why so many long time hardcore players fight almost exclusively with keybinds.
Commander
# 7
10-23-2013, 01:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gstamo01 View Post
It is worth noting that keybinds work every single time.. Which is why so many long time hardcore players fight almost exclusively with keybinds.

Keybinds suffer the same problems.
Lt. Commander
# 8
10-23-2013, 01:38 AM
Thats my main problem with the game. And its the reason why I dont play PvP. I am already using keybinds, but the problem remains for me. Sometimes I do activate something like RSP. I see the orange buble around my ship half a second and it does still not activate. Others can sometimes see my Scattering Field starting multiple times in a second too, asking me how I have done this. But it does not really start until I am clicking long enough the button. Its sometimes frustrating to know you died again because some skills did not activate.
Captain
# 9
10-23-2013, 02:12 AM
I'd like to see this looked into, I have my to call my weapons 3 times in my keybind to make them work properly (two "Fireall" one chain along the action bar) and even then my 8th weapon that is not on the bar doesn't activate. More annoyingly though is when you're under fire and have to call RSP 8 times and it still doesn't activate, knowing by the time you've put in your 5th request you're dead anyway.
Empire Veteran
# 10
10-23-2013, 02:21 AM
(its by design)
free jkname
HouseOfBeautiful.org | /channel_join House of Beautiful
free t5 access for all!! | /channel_join NoP Public Service