Lt. Commander
# 1 Mirror Universe Incursion
10-22-2013, 10:10 AM
Hi all ! I am not sure if there already exists any thread with this topic ! If so...sry for that !

I am up for bringin the "Mirror Universe Incursion" Event more frequently.

Now that we already have many Reputation Systems, new Rommies, Starbases and Fleetstuff that also requires expertise and with the upcoming Season 8 Update there are many people (me included) that run out of expertise, especially pvp players because rewards are simply disappointing for pvp. On some days Mirror Incursion is running at times that are nearly impossible to be achieved (if you have some sort of reallife, sometimes i only can achieve Mirror Incursion once in 3 days because of that), and on other days, if you have more than one char, you have to speedrun that hour in order to get your projects running and so on ! Dont wanna wine.....but:

Plz bring up the Event maybe 3 or 4 times a day ! People already need to do lots of other stuff (marks etc) to keep their things running. Dont treat us by also giving us little expertise.

I know that there may be some kind of balancing problems by simply bringing the event more often (like levelling for example). But something has to be done in terms of expertise-rewards !

Hope for support ! Hf
Lt. Commander
# 2
10-22-2013, 10:17 AM
You do realize that the event is so rare because the rewards are above average in several categories right?

If they were to increase the frequency then they would most likely have to decrease the rewards. Having mirror 3 or 4 times a day with the current rewards intact would allow a player to level from 1 to 50 in a day or two. They would level without ever leaving mirror incursion and have a ton of dilithium.

I for one do not take kindly to the idea of a game full of people who hit 50 only knowing how to run mirror invasion with the crap drops from there as gear deciding to come into STFs.

Leave it how it is. If you need expertise then run some content. Do DOFF missions and hit up mirror when it is running when you are on. Mirror is only the fastest way to get a large amount but it is by no means the only way.
Lt. Commander
# 3
10-22-2013, 10:27 AM
I really understand that argument. Right. Like i stated, there may be problems with that. But it would be no problem to simply open up the mirror Event at level 40 or 45 maybe. Then there would be no problem with speedlevelling.

And i know. Many people simply PVE-ing the whole day may never come in the situation that their running out of expertize. But in my case for example: small PVP Fleet, spent millions of expertise in projects, spent the other several hundred thousands in reputation systems and now i simply can not afford it to get expertise on a good level because new rep sys already in pipeline and.....i simply dont wanna pve the whole day to just get it done.....theres so little love for pvp'ers these days...
Captain
# 4
10-23-2013, 02:28 AM
Its not the Rarity of the Event thats the problem im fine with it showing up twice a day. Its the fact that it is impossible to get it half the time. As its never up at the same time. THe Events should be locked into a single 24 hour rotation.

So say Mirror is at Midnight and Noon. Exactly 12 hours apart. The Next Day it is at 1 P.M. and 1 A.M. So on and so forth. With the 3 hour Marks event split into seperate 1 Hour events that are scattered throughout the other events.
Inertia just means you can do Powerslides in you carrier!
I am Il Shadow and i approve these Shennanigans!
Lt. Commander
# 5
10-23-2013, 04:40 AM
I would support leaving mirror invasion on permanent. However, outside of the 1 hour event the skill point rewards would be reduced to roughly a third of their present values.

Level 50 running during event: Gear + 480 Dil + ~15000 expertise + No Cooldown

Level 50 running outside event: Gear + 480 Dil + ~5000 expertise + 30 minute cooldown

At 1/3rd skill point rates, it would not level a player any faster then SB24 or Minefield, but would have a slightly higher skill point/time payout at the expense of a much worse gear drop.

The event would focus around bonus skill points and no cooldown, making it preferable to play at this time.
Lt. Commander
# 6
10-23-2013, 08:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by capnshadow27 View Post
Its not the Rarity of the Event thats the problem im fine with it showing up twice a day. Its the fact that it is impossible to get it half the time. As its never up at the same time. THe Events should be locked into a single 24 hour rotation.

So say Mirror is at Midnight and Noon. Exactly 12 hours apart. The Next Day it is at 1 P.M. and 1 A.M. So on and so forth. With the 3 hour Marks event split into seperate 1 Hour events that are scattered throughout the other events.
This is one point.
I think theres another point in the different timezones people are living, playing and working. If u give mirror twice a day every 12 hours there will still be people having to work or sleep due to the times mirror is up. Therefore a rotation that changes is not the worst thing. But what if rewards get a little balancing and mirror is up 3 times a day every 8 hours? Then i think many people can afford it to run mirror because it is up once a day in ervery 8 hours period and that likely matches one part in lifebalance where people have to work in one, can play in another and sleep in the third one ;-) !