Captain
# 21
10-23-2013, 08:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hevach View Post
Check the calendar: The rerun starts the 31st, and runs through Thanksgiving - if S8 isn't until after the rerun ends, it'll be pushed into December at best.

We have never been given a one week timetable for the FE (Gecko said at least two, in fact), only a "couple week at least" event that is separate from the rerun but has not been officially announced, starting with the FE and ending with the S8 launch.
I am simply going by what Geko stated in the podcast. The new FE Mission will run 1 week to allow people to get the Carrier - as the Carrier is only available during that week. Running the new FE after that will only give regular rewards. Then they are going to have 2 weeks of FE reruns so that players can get all the special items from the other FEs. First the new FE week, then 2 weeks of reruns.

That's 3 weeks in total and would take the calendar to the 21st from Halloween. Season 8 comes out sometime after that. As the 28th is Thanksgiving you know that Thursday won't have an update. That means the FE comes out prior to the 28th or on the 5th - unless it goes much later then the 5th.
STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.

Last edited by thecosmic1; 10-23-2013 at 08:26 AM.
Starfleet Veteran
# 22
10-23-2013, 08:26 AM
That's not what he said, though. He specified more than twice that the two week event (he was ambiguous on when it actually started, his words could be interpreted to mean same day or as much as several weeks later - he did mention the FE limited time rewards in relation to this event, however, but as with the timeline it's ambiguous if he meant the event would start when the rewards end or they would end together) was NOT the FE rerun that was running through the month. We already have a date timeline for the rerun, October 31 through November 28.

Last edited by hevach; 10-23-2013 at 08:32 AM.
Captain
# 23
10-23-2013, 08:39 AM
I just relistened to the inverview, right around the 22 minute point. The new FE Mission comes out on the 31st and run a week to get the Carrier. Then there's going to be a "special event" that last for a couple of weeks after the FE Mission - it comes from the actions in the new FE Mission. That's where the 3 weeks comes from: 1 week to get the Carrier and then 2 weeks to do this Event. Then Season 8 launches after that.

My mistake was assuming the Rerun was the event, but it's not. The Special Event after the FE Mission is something else entirely.
STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
Career Officer
# 24
10-23-2013, 09:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dahminus View Post
I feel a push to late jan/early feb.

Something tells me they want to polish this beyond expectations
LOL. Cryptic? Polish? That'll be the day...
@HyperLimited - Join Date: Oct 2009 - My Youtube Stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinn74 View Post
Maybe if the expansion was as great as they claim, people wouldn't be anywhere near Japori. Just sayin'.
Survivor of Romulus
# 25
10-23-2013, 09:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainrevo1 View Post
I dont think anyone is that optimistic, but it does contradict what we know.

They said there is some kind of event running after the episode, so im thinking maybe a sphere space map, where you transwarp to the sphere and then have to clear out some Voth ships protecting the entrance ready for the main expedition in s8 or something along those lines? So its possible we can go there straight after the episode, just we cant enter.
I think they mean that you will have to do this mission to be able to transwarp to the sphere, rather than season 8 coming out directly after the FE..

Highly unlikely it will be ready for the end of October.

Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) - I only play one char now, such is the state of the game..
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitsune424 View Post
Here is your ticket to the USS Stupidity, Third class, four tacks on the chair, rules state you MUST sit on the chair, no standing, or hovering above the tacks, thank you have a nice day
Captain
# 26
10-23-2013, 09:13 AM
All this is just some friendly speculation, remember no season/episode/series/ship launch is truly set in stone until it loads on holodeck.
Republic Veteran
# 27
10-23-2013, 10:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by newromulan1 View Post
All this is just some friendly speculation, remember no season/episode/series/ship launch is truly set in stone until it loads on holodeck.
Sometimes not even then, lol.