Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Reputation System
Login

Lt. Commander
Tired of never being able to earn fleet credits,never online when a new fleet project starts up,are your fleet mark totals higher then your fleet credits totals,then please post a reply so the devlopers take notice.we need a fleet option in the reputation system.Add some personal projects that a player can do to earn fleet credits besides the fleet projects.I am in fleet that has completed all tiers in all holdings and has a full roster.We still have a chance to earn fleet credits but it is now come down to luck to earn.You have to be online at the time a new project starts and then it's a race to beat others online to contribute.It takes me weeks to earn enough fleet credits to buy one piece of equipment from the fleet store or fleet mine.So it is my hope that others with the same problem post a reply and this thread gets noticed,the more that post the better chances that this will get a serious look at by the development team.

Last edited by gholendhor; 10-23-2013 at 10:09 AM. Reason: Someone said petitions aren't allowed so changed to request
Career Officer
# 2
10-23-2013, 10:05 AM
Might want to reword... petitions are not allowed.

The concept is sound however... not sure about personal projects to earn "fleet" credit... but allowing us to donate to an invited fleet maps holdings (kinda like we can buy from an invited fleets stores using our own provisions etc... but in reverse).

Give us a console in each SB which is essentially the fleet control panel... but shows what projects are running for the host fleet, and allow us to donate (and earn credits). Edit: That nifty panel behind the Watch Officer would work great).
-----------------------------------------------------------------------Star Trek Online, Now with out the Trek....
Commander
# 3
10-23-2013, 10:07 AM
sounds like big fleet problems.

try joining a smaller fleet! Or donating your marks to one.

Your Javelin deals 125417 (89066) Disruptor Damage(Critical) to Tholian Recluse. > lol
Rihannsu
# 4
10-23-2013, 10:16 AM
I've already posted an idea elsewhere on the forums which basically revolved around a project that would require only Fleet Marks, and would reward Fleet Credits in return, but at a reduced ratio.

Currently it's 1:50, meaning 1 Fleet Mark rewards 50 Fleet Credits. A reputation project on the other hand would reward only a portion of this - let's say 25 Fleet Credits for 1 Fleet Mark.

Reason behind it is that such project should be player's last resort, and not a primary mean of obtaining Fleet Credits outside of the Fleet. So if you want most of your Marks, then add them to a proper Fleet project. But if everything's full and there's no way to obtain more FCs, as you're describing, then you could still use such project to get at least some FC.

Also, such project would work great if it was an unlockable reward for constructing a Tier 5 starbase.

Sadly, I don't think Cryptic will do anything about it. They could say we've already got those 30min projects, but even those aren't enough in the long run, especially if players just rush to fill all the Fleet Marks and Expertise and leave everything else untouched.

What is more, Cryptic feels they need to drain even more of players' resources by introducing all those different Provisions. I mean, it was nice of them to reduce the Dilithium cost of the Fleet Dilithium Mine, but 6000 Mine Provisions for a T3 upgrade is just ridiculous, as it would require a few millions worth of FC just to build it.

Quote:
try joining a smaller fleet!
Fleets aren't socks, you know...
Lt. Commander
# 5
10-23-2013, 10:21 AM
Fleet jumping is not a solution.Leaving a good fleet that you have helped build up with full access to all the goodies to join a fleet that is smaller.No way would I do that.It's no guarantee that the fleet you are in now would want to invite you back.
Commander
# 6
10-23-2013, 11:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gholendhor View Post
Fleet jumping is not a solution.Leaving a good fleet that you have helped build up with full access to all the goodies to join a fleet that is smaller.No way would I do that.It's no guarantee that the fleet you are in now would want to invite you back.
Well if you are worried about the fleet not letting you back in here is a suggestion. Talk to your leader, let them know what your intentions are and ask them if you can leave for a week or so to earn some fleet credits. Make sure that you specify it is not defecting from the fleet it is just that due to size of the fleet it is hard for some to earn fleet credits.

Now if the leader is smart he/she will see your side of the story and agree. I know that I would because I am leader of a fleet. However, small so we dont usually have that problem and since our holdings are not maxed out there is always fleet credits to earn.

Good luck.

Vice Admiral
Jeffry Caler
Commanding Officer
USS Greenbrier
Cahncellor of Directive 010
Commander
# 7
10-23-2013, 11:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by urniv821 View Post
sounds like big fleet problems.

try joining a smaller fleet! Or donating your marks to one.
Not sure that they allow you to donate to a smaller fleet unless you are actually a member.

I know fleet map invites are allowed and you can buy stuff from their stores. I would guess if enough people asked for the ability to contribute to smaller fleets so they can earn credits that it would be done but the response or request would need to be overwhelming.

As a leader of a small fleet with few active players I would welcome this idea as it is a win win situation. First, you can come to my base and contribute to projects without actually having to leave your fleet and in turn you earn credits which benefit you personally.

Really good idea and I hope someone takes notice to this.
Starfleet Veteran
# 8
10-24-2013, 04:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob2485 View Post
Well if you are worried about the fleet not letting you back in here is a suggestion. Talk to your leader, let them know what your intentions are and ask them if you can leave for a week or so to earn some fleet credits. Make sure that you specify it is not defecting from the fleet it is just that due to size of the fleet it is hard for some to earn fleet credits.

Now if the leader is smart he/she will see your side of the story and agree. I know that I would because I am leader of a fleet. However, small so we dont usually have that problem and since our holdings are not maxed out there is always fleet credits to earn.

I do this all the time, I have a couple friends online that are leaders of smaller fleets. Give marks and dilihtium to them. Consider using public service channels to recruit fleet contacts for such an effort.
PvE Jem'Hadar motto: Participation Ribbons are life.
Ensign
# 9
11-07-2013, 08:51 AM
I currently hold the #1 slot for fleet credits in my fleet. we are large, having just reached our 500 member mark. I know I have had some younger fellers in the fleet complain of this issue. I don't want them to leave the fleet, as they are new members and would likely not return if they can build in a smaller fleet. So far, we haven't come up with an adequate solution, the exception being a half-started move towards a secondary fleet with the sole purpose of giving members a place to earn credits (new members only and invitation only).
Career Officer
# 10
12-09-2013, 01:18 AM
I wish we could join a sort of community fleet where we can put our marks in and buy stuff. It would be for people who don't want to join a fleet and force friendships and conversation. maybe it cost more marks, but it should be an option. I don't really like playing with fleets and prefer random people that I see once and never again.