Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Romulan Gameplay
Login

Captain
# 11
10-21-2013, 07:24 PM
Purple cost more because there are fewer of them spawning, people who want to reuse for space and ground have to pay more for the scarce resource
Commander
# 12
10-22-2013, 01:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by warmaker001b View Post
It has been almost 6 months since LOR hit. When do you think Cryptic will tweak that?
Well they've done it before haven't they, with other traits that had been uber for a long time? And it's potentially a money maker. If players need to buy Reman boffs to get the most out of warbirds and don't have the ec spare then that could be money trickling into the cash shop. So maybe they wait til they see people stop buying Reman boffs on the exchange and then 'nerf'.
Survivor of Remus
# 13
10-24-2013, 11:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by telbasta7386 View Post
I'm refraining from spending my money trying to get a full set of SRO's, I figure they'll be nerfed and not stack anymore fairly soon.

Strange conclusion since they originally didn't stack and cryptic made them stacking. Also since they've been around in their current incarnation for a long time. Pretty sure tothey are here to stay.

Keep in mind the Fed/KDF have had SRO boffs long before Legacy of Romulus came out.

Last edited by originpi; 10-24-2013 at 11:20 AM.
Captain
# 14
10-24-2013, 03:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by originpi View Post
Strange conclusion since they originally didn't stack and cryptic made them stacking. Also since they've been around in their current incarnation for a long time. Pretty sure tothey are here to stay.

Keep in mind the Fed/KDF have had SRO boffs long before Legacy of Romulus came out.
Tell that to leadership. It originally didn't stack. Then it did stack. And now it doesn't anymore.
It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once.
Tired of Wasting EC and Time trying to get Superior Romulan Operative BOffs? Here's a cheap and easy way to get them, with an almost 100% chance of success.
Why the Devs can't make PvE content harder.
Republic Veteran
# 15
10-24-2013, 09:29 PM
Purplez are da best dontcha know?

But seriously that's the reason...just because they're purple...could have worse stats than blues but would still cost more because it's purple.
Captain
# 16
10-24-2013, 09:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hereticknight085 View Post
Tell that to leadership. It originally didn't stack. Then it did stack. And now it doesn't anymore.
Either your information is out of date, or mine is. As far as I know, the history of the leadership trait is as follows:

1. The leadership trait was broken for a long time.
2. They fixed it, but the hull repair bonus was too strong. People were getting out-of-combat hull repair rates during combat.
3. They nerfed the hull repair bonus. The mechanics of the bonus have been altered. But the nerf also broke the trait again: the hull repair bonus didn't stack, and the subsystem repair bonus was missing.
4. They fixed the trait again. The hull repair bonus now stacks, and the subsystem repair bonus works.
Captain
# 17
10-25-2013, 01:49 AM
well the purple boffs also may have subterfuge and 1 or 2 very good ground traits, which the rare versions most likely don't have.
but certainly there are folks that pay more because it's purple instead of blue.
Go pro or go home
Captain
# 18
10-27-2013, 02:32 AM
disregard, got it mixed up

Last edited by stonewbie; 10-27-2013 at 02:41 AM.