Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Captain
For a MMO that is a disasterous statistic. Cryptic must do something.

Visit my youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/Akurie369?feature=watch
Star Trek Online Florida http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh....php?t=1313161
Captain
# 2
10-25-2013, 09:04 AM
I agree just delete ground pvp already.
Dignity and an empty sack is worth the sack.
Captain
# 3
10-25-2013, 09:23 AM
Less than 50, eh? How do you figure that number? If I sat down and named every ground PvPer we would get well over 100 players.

Quote:
Originally Posted by antoniosalieri View Post
Antoniosalieri has been Tricorder Scanned and Nanite Infested. Activating Strike Team, Target Optics, Battle Strategies, Ambush, Power Cell, and Fire On My Mark.

Aim, Sniper Shot!
Captain
# 4
10-25-2013, 09:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by majortiraomega View Post
Antoniosalieri has been Tricorder Scanned and Nanite Infested. Activating Strike Team, Target Optics, Battle Strategies, Ambush, Power Cell, and Fire On My Mark.

Aim, Sniper Shot!
Noooooo Snake Dance, Snake Dance, Snake Dance!

I'll bow out now... sorry really don't know what they could do to make ground attractive to the masses.
Starfleet Veteran
Quote:
Originally Posted by antoniosalieri View Post
OMG SHUT UP WITH THE EFFING "LOLGROUND" "DELETE GROUND" "GROUND SUCKS" AND ALL THAT BULLCRAP

I'm getting tired of spacers come in on ground pvp threads and saying the same bull crap every time, yes we have flaws (your space isn't any better you know [newly cruiser builds with cruisers showing up all over queue using faw dem and a2b]) yes our population isnt as nearly as big as you "SPACERS" but us small group Love it just like you spacers love your space, so why all the hate? if you don't like playing / doing ground, ignore the queue and keep your mouth shut!
<a href=http://www.facebook.com/at.cakuzma target=_blank>Shai'la Thunderbird's Facebook Page</a>
Real Join Date: 2009
Shai'la Thunderbird's Facebook Page
Starfleet Veteran
# 6
10-25-2013, 09:38 AM
I suck at ground, haven't put any time in to learning how to use the kids in ground, nor what equipment is best for ground. This is somewhat due to bad experiences but really the skill tree is the big deal. I spec for space, I don't want a disadvantage there, and I love space. That is not just that I put the minimum points in ground to make my ground the best it can be, but I also put ground skills where I can train the most abilities for bridge officers.

My guy is pathetically prepared for ground pvp, but more than enough to get through ground missions in pve for fun.

People want more ground pvp players then there is going to be a need to not cause space to be sacrificed for ground. I am not alone among my friends. We are willing to break into it and play it but not at the expense of space. We have our priorities and since the dev team made them competitive through the spec system and prevent us from the option of making a ground alt due to rep, we are just forced to avoid ground most the time.
PvE Jem'Hadar motto: Participation Ribbons are life.
Starfleet Veteran
# 7
10-25-2013, 09:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shailat View Post
OMG SHUT UP WITH THE EFFING "LOLGROUND" "DELETE GROUND" "GROUND SUCKS" AND ALL THAT BULLCRAP

I'm getting tired of spacers come in on ground pvp threads and saying the same bull crap every time, yes we have flaws (your space isn't any better you know [newly cruiser builds with cruisers showing up all over queue using faw dem and a2b]) yes our population isnt as nearly as big as you "SPACERS" but us small group Love it just like you spacers love your space, so why all the hate? if you don't like playing / doing ground, ignore the queue and keep your mouth shut!
My post was not meant to be a hate ground, I love fps games like battlefield and also ground games like mass effect and even SWKOR. But my priority is space, not ground. I would do ground if it were feasible for my characters to play it, but as it stands I have to choose. I do not hate the ground, I like the idea of it and wish it were more accessible, but the devs have implemented a competitive skill tree and as long as it is there or alts for just ground combat are rep grind free, there are a number of spacers that you will never see on ground pvp.
PvE Jem'Hadar motto: Participation Ribbons are life.
Captain
# 8
10-25-2013, 09:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shailat View Post
so why all the hate?
Picture PWE/Cryptic as parents.

They have five children...and some wonder if they'll have a sixth.

Space PvE
Ground PvE
Space PvP
Ground PvP
Space PvE Smallcraft
Space PvP Smallcraft (some wonder, not me - don't care, if this child shall be born)

Mom and Dad only have limited resources. Everybody knows that Space PvE and Ground PvE always get the most attention - even the baby Space PvE Smallcraft has gotten more attention of late.

That leaves the Space PvP and Ground PvP siblings vying for whatever table scraps are left...

...Space PvP may have stood over Ground PvP's bed in the middle of the night while holding a pillow - thinking real hard about doing it, but knowing that they couldn't - that Mom and Dad brought Ground PvP into the world, and it was up to them to get rid of it.

Oddly enough, it may be along the lines of the PvE folks stomping their feet if they mistakenly believe any attention is being given to the PvP folks at all, eh? Heck, it's like the Space PvE and Ground PvE folks going at it...

...everybody knows Cryptic has limited resources...so 'eff everybody else.
Commander
# 9
10-25-2013, 09:53 AM
PvP in this game is a battle of attrition really. The environment is completely broken and from what I've seen the only people who PvP regularly are the ones who seem to get off on exploiting broken stuff.

Speculation only but part of me imagines someone has been told to ignore PvP in the hopes that it will die off completely... as all the resources seem to be focused on PvE anyways.
Captain
# 10
10-25-2013, 09:59 AM
lol take a joke.

Seriously what would you like cryptic to do... anything they do to make Ground PvP attractive to the people that "lolground" it now... is likely going to make the "50" or so people that enjoy it now to well likely not enjoy it.

The things I hear Ground PvP people in general say they like... are the very things that keep me from taking it serious at all.

I personly believe that premades shouldn't be allowed in either public que Space or Ground... I would like to see both ques dropped down to one each. Space Que and Ground Que... a back end Leaderboard tech similer to what Mancom has done creating as balanced a match as possible with the people qued. (queing teamed should get you into the same match, however not the same side, well unless the balancing tech decides thats the most balanced option.)

Do that to both ques ... and who knows perhaps there would be more new players willing to try out both PvP modes.