Lt. Commander
# 81
10-15-2013, 08:31 PM
These next couple tips are courtesy of one of our awesome fleet members.

You can select a system from the list of system on the Map page to go to a particular system on autopilot, you can also double click on your area map on a system OR a sector block at the edge to go to that system or sector block on autopilot.
Exia@yiweitech
U.S.S. Omega
Assimilation is Futile
United Federation Legion
Lt. Commander
# 82
10-15-2013, 08:34 PM
When you go to start a new assignment the department head of the given department will give recommendations on what duty officers to assign. These are not always the best recommendations - especially on assignments that requisition other duty officers, if you don't like the odds you are seeing of blue or purple success, the traits of the recommended officers might not be a good match for those required for critical success for the assignment. You should click the button that lets you look at the entire duty officer roster and you might find a better fit for critical success and get a better officer. You can also filter officers according to traits, rarity, and some other things (my internet is breaking down so I can't really check).
Exia@yiweitech
U.S.S. Omega
Assimilation is Futile
United Federation Legion
Lt. Commander
# 83
10-16-2013, 07:12 PM
The CHAT option selection from the ESC main options menu is very useful and adds a whole new flexibility to your chat window. *Unlike the chat suboption under OPTIONS which lets you change some display features, this set of options allows you to configure new tabs, amd specify in detail which channels go with each tab.
Exia@yiweitech
U.S.S. Omega
Assimilation is Futile
United Federation Legion
Lt. Commander
# 84
10-16-2013, 07:13 PM
The ACCESS LIBRARY COMPUTER option from the main ESC OPTIONS display is -not- the same as the one on the bridge of your ship, this main computer option has detailed help, default key and action descripsions of game features in deail, and various strategies for ground and space combat, exploration and more.
Exia@yiweitech
U.S.S. Omega
Assimilation is Futile
United Federation Legion
Lt. Commander
# 85
10-24-2013, 09:15 PM
Alright sorry about the absence, but here's another tip.
Every Borg STF mission has a certain strategy, there are excellent guides about it on the STO wiki and STO academy, as well as YouTube walkthroughs.
Exia@yiweitech
U.S.S. Omega
Assimilation is Futile
United Federation Legion
Ensign
# 86
10-25-2013, 04:09 PM
Greetings,

Here's My Tip:

Dont Play STO...just kiddin...

Dont get me wrong STO is a great game; but not at lvl 30 if I want I just come in and send out my rats to level me.

Sorry I dont play STO anymore for awhile unless I want an easy game to play to relax my brain haha (!); ya you could call that a tip.

Here's another one - Try Eve Online but only if you want a challenge and if your ship gets destroyed you wont haul arse back to mama cryin sayin you lost yer ship and you want another one; in Eve Online ship loss is permadeath for it.

I am tryin a Live Stream Tonite to De-Mystify all that and attempt to present a good side of Eve Online; a side that is easy to learn once you know the ropes as they say.

Here is my Live Stream URL:

http://www.twitch.tv/cdr_zeta

I will be streaming about 3 hours from now at 20:00 GMT exactly.

Sorry you wont see any flying space ship battles for that find them on Youtube.

This will be a LIVE event where people can ask questions if you have a TwitchTv account; get one and learn to stream; stremaing is fun as well.

As for PVP - Eve Online is so much PVP and so different from any game out there, that when you die and lose a ship you could lose real money - as in $100s of dollars on one ship...I will explain just how not to let that happen; it;s really simple; you need to belong to a CORP and travel in Fleets and make friends...

However you can do all that and more solo for a long time as well; and it is that portion that I am going to cover.

This is geared mainly for real new players on trial accounts.

Cdr Zeta
Empire Veteran
# 87
10-25-2013, 06:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by iconian7 View Post
Greetings,

...stuff... Here's another one - Try Eve Online ...stuff...
Hijacking someone else's thread to advertise another game entirely is a bit immature. It also makes it unlikely I or others will take you seriously. That whole post was all just a really weak attempt at getting views for your livestream that has nothing to do with STO or this thread at all.
Nick - Human Tactical Officer - FED [INACTIVE]
Tenix - Romulan Science Officer - KDF Ally [INACTIVE]
M'ossa - Ferasan Science Officer - KDF [MAIN]

Formerly known on the forums as Remissus

Last edited by temporalhavoc; 10-25-2013 at 06:36 PM.
Lt. Commander
# 88
10-25-2013, 09:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by iconian7 View Post
Greetings,

Here's My Tip:

Dont Play STO...just kiddin...

Dont get me wrong STO is a great game; but not at lvl 30 if I want I just come in and send out my rats to level me.

Sorry I dont play STO anymore for awhile unless I want an easy game to play to relax my brain haha (!); ya you could call that a tip.

Here's another one - Try Eve Online but only if you want a challenge and if your ship gets destroyed you wont haul arse back to mama cryin sayin you lost yer ship and you want another one; in Eve Online ship loss is permadeath for it.

I am tryin a Live Stream Tonite to De-Mystify all that and attempt to present a good side of Eve Online; a side that is easy to learn once you know the ropes as they say.

Here is my Live Stream URL:

http://www.twitch.tv/cdr_zeta

I will be streaming about 3 hours from now at 20:00 GMT exactly.

Sorry you wont see any flying space ship battles for that find them on Youtube.

This will be a LIVE event where people can ask questions if you have a TwitchTv account; get one and learn to stream; stremaing is fun as well.

As for PVP - Eve Online is so much PVP and so different from any game out there, that when you die and lose a ship you could lose real money - as in $100s of dollars on one ship...I will explain just how not to let that happen; it;s really simple; you need to belong to a CORP and travel in Fleets and make friends...

However you can do all that and more solo for a long time as well; and it is that portion that I am going to cover.

This is geared mainly for real new players on trial accounts.

Cdr Zeta
... Now I live in Canada so I'll sitck with the stereotype and be as polite as possible, so would you kindly please haul your *** back to EVE and get the **** out of this thread on STO. Take your ******* rats with you.

As for the game itself, without people like you, it's a good game with real strategies and some epic battles, but it takes up a ton of time and mechanisms like time dilation can be really frustrating. It's also the very definition of pay to win, hence we're here on STO playing grind to win...
Exia@yiweitech
U.S.S. Omega
Assimilation is Futile
United Federation Legion
Lt. Commander
# 89
10-25-2013, 09:22 PM
... Now my actual tip, again this should be somewhere at the beginning but I didn't realize tutorials were this bad so here it is...
You can private message (PM) someone by right clicking their character or name (in the chat box). You can also type "/tell charactername@handle" or just "/t @handle" usually works as well.
Exia@yiweitech
U.S.S. Omega
Assimilation is Futile
United Federation Legion
Lt. Commander
# 90
10-27-2013, 10:16 PM
Our long awaited ship shopping list part two and three are now up on YouTube! If you're looking for a ship, we break things down for you for a easier decision, YouTube channel is here:
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZj-...rSGiNUg/videos
Exia@yiweitech
U.S.S. Omega
Assimilation is Futile
United Federation Legion