Captain
# 41
10-26-2013, 05:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by redsnake721 View Post
Read the Tribble patch notes, the Fleet Tac consoles are not going to be generic. They will be energy type specific.
You're the one who needs to do the reading.

Quote:
Spire Fleet Holding Vulnerability Locator/Exploiter Tactical Consoles.
* Slightly reduced the effectiveness of weapon type (+Beam, +Cannon, +Mine, +Torpedo) bonuses on these consoles (25.5% to 22.3%).
* Added damage type versions of these consoles (+Phaser, +Disruptor, etc.) that add a 25.5% bonus.
* There are versions of these consoles for each damage type.
The 22.3% consoles will still buff the experimental proton weapon.
Captain
# 42
10-26-2013, 09:04 AM
Fleet elite tactical consoles with Antiproton energy type?

Thank you Cryptic! I am so happy to get these with a critical bonus, this new holding is going to be awesome.

This is what really made S8 that good for me.
Let us wear Swimsuits on Foundry maps or bridges please! I would pay zen for that.
Career Officer
# 43
10-26-2013, 09:25 AM
So now we have 22.3% weapon type consoles and 25.5% energy type consoles. I think this is fair, it gets rid of the rainbow boats we knew were coming because thats a huge loss in DPS.

Now i do feel that the energy type ones should be 26.2%% because that is on par with standard consoles. I don't think they should be any higher than that because it would just be too OP, and i'm also fine with the 25.5%

i'd say probably 90%, if not higher of players can't and will never be able to afford 30% consoles. The majority of them use 28.1% and granted you take a 10% loss in damage switching to 4 of these, BUT you'll gain up to 6.4% crit rate which MORE than makes up for that. Or you can gain 32% crit severity. or a mix of the two (what i'm planning on doing 2x crth 2x crtd) either of which makes up for the loss in overall dps for the extra crit, in my opinion.

I almost wish they didn't make them energy specific though because it was going to be nice to just have one set of consoles for all my weapons types but i understand the reasonings, i'll just have to pick one last type because if these are the same cost as the other consoles it will be very expensive fleet credit wise to get multiple sets.

ACCESS DENIED
U.S.S. Gipsy Danger | U.S.S. Gunstar | U.S.S. Oswin
R.R.W. Coronatus | R.R.W. Valar Morghulis
Survivor of Romulus
# 44
10-26-2013, 09:36 AM
Unless you've got weapons with all bonuses to crit is it really worth getting these consoles? will the little +1.8% really make that much difference? I've got all rare mk xi consoles and I'll loose a little dos by switching to these.
http://stosignatures.ufplanets.com/Terrell-STO.png

Looking for a dedicated Star Trek community? Visit www.ufplanets.com for details.
Career Officer
# 45
10-26-2013, 11:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ufpterrell View Post
Unless you've got weapons with all bonuses to crit is it really worth getting these consoles? will the little +1.8% really make that much difference? I've got all rare mk xi consoles and I'll loose a little dos by switching to these.
IMO, if your a romulan with a huge crit boost already thanks to the operative boffs, these might not be worth it since you already have a great crit rate with boffs, captain and then weapons.

For FED/KDF that have no chance of reaching romulan crit rates these are worth it. And thats what i'm doing. i'm getting them for my fed but passing on my romulan since i already have a 17% crit rate on my rom compared to 10% on my fed (this is just from the stats and does not include acc bonus or other bonuses)

ACCESS DENIED
U.S.S. Gipsy Danger | U.S.S. Gunstar | U.S.S. Oswin
R.R.W. Coronatus | R.R.W. Valar Morghulis
Captain
# 46
10-26-2013, 05:52 PM
They should have left the weapon type consoles as they were, not nerfed them in order to add the energy specific ones. Why did it have to be one or the other? If someone wants a rainbow boat, let them have a rainbow boat. At least it will get people using tetryon and polaron weapons more instead of everyone going disruptor, antiproton, or plasma.
Career Officer
# 47
10-26-2013, 05:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by emacsheadroom View Post
I think the experimental proton weapon will only be buffed by generic damage consoles. I suppose that will lead some people to use the godawful fleet tac consoles, right?
The experimental proton weapon is a turret. If you're going to waste all those marks and dilithium on a generic console just to buff a single turret, you have some serious ocd min-max compulsion issues.
Commander
# 48
10-26-2013, 06:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladymyajha View Post
The experimental proton weapon is a turret. If you're going to waste all those marks and dilithium on a generic console just to buff a single turret, you have some serious ocd min-max compulsion issues.
Not a turret, it has a 180% firing arc. Its closer to a cannon.

Although it has a +6% crit chance and +10% accuracy.
Career Officer
# 49
10-26-2013, 07:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ikuruyo View Post
Not a turret, it has a 180% firing arc. Its closer to a cannon.

Although it has a +6% crit chance and +10% accuracy.
Fair enough
Captain
# 50
10-27-2013, 06:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladymyajha View Post
My point was that since it's a damage type that can only be boosted by the generic spire consoles, it seems like Cryptic's way of saying "Hey guys, if you want to use this sweet new proton weapon, you can only buff it with the new and crappy generic consoles LOL!" Don't get me wrong, I never said it was a good idea.