Captain
# 41
10-26-2013, 09:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kapla1755 View Post
Strange I thought he was the Lead content designer for sto:

Quoted from Season 8 Dev bog #4 "At one point our Lead Designer, CaptainGeko, said, ?all I want is dinosaurs with frickin? laser beams on their heads!? We all chuckled, and then he said, ?I?m being serious; this is a game. Let?s have some fun!? So we did, and what we ended up with was almost too much diversity!"

So he is able to get "Dinos with lazers on their head" added to the game at his request and all the intense design that requires but he can't get a new kdf ship design because he needs to ask permission? Sorry that boat don't float.
It's really simple. We're not the customers he wants. OUR money's no good.

Thus, our input on what WE as KDF players want (or even just an examination of the sides based on MMO structure necessary to have the two-faction arrangement that Cryptic committed to when it launched the game) isn't welcome. Gecko doesn't understand why the Bort didn't sell, because he didn't WANT to understand-he doesn't understand that the game's heavily imbalanced because he doesn't WANT to understand that.

HE doesn't get that something heavily neglected isn't going to EVER be profitable, because he doesn't WANT it to be profitable, he wants it to go away.

Read the attitudes in his statements, and look at the performance of the game-development team HE heads, as well as where they set their priorities.
"when you're out of Birds of Prey, you're out of ships."

Are you KDF looking for a reason to log in to your KDF Main? consider that every time you do, you're giving the finger to the people that want the KDF as a faction to die out from neglect.

Last edited by patrickngo; 10-26-2013 at 09:27 PM.
Career Officer
# 42
10-26-2013, 11:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickngo View Post
It's really simple. We're not the customers he wants. OUR money's no good.

Thus, our input on what WE as KDF players want (or even just an examination of the sides based on MMO structure necessary to have the two-faction arrangement that Cryptic committed to when it launched the game) isn't welcome. Gecko doesn't understand why the Bort didn't sell, because he didn't WANT to understand-he doesn't understand that the game's heavily imbalanced because he doesn't WANT to understand that.

HE doesn't get that something heavily neglected isn't going to EVER be profitable, because he doesn't WANT it to be profitable, he wants it to go away.

Read the attitudes in his statements, and look at the performance of the game-development team HE heads, as well as where they set their priorities.
Unfortunately, I fear you maybe right its just sad.