Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Romulan Gameplay
Login

Career Officer
# 11
10-27-2013, 08:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lianthelia View Post
Don't forget B'Elanna Torres oh and Miral Paris!
I didn't. But those were not pureblood Klingons and had, in B'Elanna's case a biological parent in the Federation, in case of Miral even two.
Lt. Commander
# 12
10-27-2013, 08:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lostusthorn View Post
Same deal on the kdf side, no alliance faction uniforms.
Quote:
Originally Posted by misterde3 View Post
Cuz...Worf not Tomalak wore a Starfleet Uniform.
I know that, I was thinking there might be some young Romulans who have spent most of their young lives without a homeworld that might see Starfleet Academy as a more attactive option than either life as a refugee or worse, joining the Tal Shiar.
Career Officer
# 13
10-27-2013, 09:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by herbiehdykeman View Post
I know that, I was thinking there might be some young Romulans who have spent most of their young lives without a homeworld that might see Starfleet Academy as a more attactive option than either life as a refugee or worse, joining the Tal Shiar.
Obvious problem: you do this and it's possible to do this with every species in the entire game. And probably Fed-only. Do you honestly want that can of worms to be opened?
Because not long ago there was the thread where someone demanded that Gorn should be allowed as a Fed species because (and I'm not kidding) the Gorn in the KDF were like the Jews in Iran.
Republic Veteran
# 14
10-27-2013, 09:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by misterde3 View Post
Obvious problem: you do this and it's possible to do this with every species in the entire game. And probably Fed-only. Do you honestly want that can of worms to be opened?
Because not long ago there was the thread where someone demanded that Gorn should be allowed as a Fed species because (and I'm not kidding) the Gorn in the KDF were like the Jews in Iran.
Would be one big can of worms, on the Romulan front...you would have to welcome Remans as well, I mean Starfleet is better slavery. On the Klingon side you have Gorn like mentioned, maybe not all Orion women want to be a faux slave dominatrix, and maybe not all Orion men went to be pawns and muscle of the women?

If one tries hard enough can probably think of a reason most non starfleet races except for maybe the Nausicaan would want to enlist in Starfleet for a better future for themselves.
Captain
# 15
10-27-2013, 10:01 AM
It used to be possible for Romulan captain's to wear the fleet uniforms of which ever side they were aligned to but that was taken away about a month ago, maybe longer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hort_wort
Hahahaha, thanks Cryptic, for doing your part to make the F2P transition of SWTOR such a success!!
Captain
# 16
10-27-2013, 03:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lianthelia View Post
Don't forget B'Elanna Torres oh and Miral Paris!

Don't forget Worf's first love and mate (wife, maybe?), K'Ehleyr from "The Emessary" (TNG) and "Reunion" (TNG).

I will point out that Simon Tarsis in "The Drumhead" (TNG) was 1/4 Romulan and tried to pass off his heritage as Vulcan before it was exposed. Now in that case, his heritage is not an invalidating reason to reject him from service in Starfleet, it was his falseifying an offical application that put him in danger of being dishonorably discharged.

Non-canon wise, many characters have hidden Romulan ancestry. T'Pol was at one point suppose to have a Romulan ancestor in the recent past. In another case, Vulcan Dr. Selar in "The Schizoid Man" (TNG) was 1/2 Vulcan 1/2 Romulan in certain novels.

I suppose I just shook stirred the pot there.
Empire Veteran
# 17
10-29-2013, 09:42 AM
At least they could unlock stuff like the seven of nine uniform. Which is not a uniform in the first place but a biosuit to help with the recovery from liberation. Or mercenary uniform, because ts for mercenaries and not starfleet personal ...

-= ISE: 12:19 -=- CSE 12:41 -=- KASE 11:59 -=- HSe 8:06 total =-
-= KAGE 5:43 =-
[7:07] [Combat (Self)] Your Dual Disruptor Banks - Overload II deals 123086 (41096) Disruptor Damage(Critical) to Assimilated Carrier.
Career Officer
# 18 My "fake" Romulan
10-29-2013, 10:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by herbiehdykeman View Post
my next character I'm planning on (once the new fed tutorial hits holodeck) is a true Starfleet Romulan (made with the Alien Generator)
I actually did this back in Season 5, when F2P first launched. Eivesh Jo'rek was a Romulan refugee on Khoal, where she was a "guest" of Colonel Hakeev ("Mine Enemy"). While held prisoner in the secret listening post, she was subjected to medical experiments -- augmented with Reman and Betazoid DNA to enhance her telekinetic abilities. She was rescued when Federation forces liberated the prisoners and destroyed the base. She joined Starfleet shortly afterwards, having nowhere else to go.

Recently, her sister Aevana was located on Virinat (a "real" Romulan character). She made contact with the Federation (her alliance), and now Federation scientists are using her genetic information as a guide to correct the damage done to Eivesh's genome.
Saving the universe ... one game at a time.
Captain
# 19
10-29-2013, 10:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidwford View Post
Don't forget Worf's first love and mate (wife, maybe?), K'Ehleyr from "The Emessary" (TNG) and "Reunion" (TNG).

I will point out that Simon Tarsis in "The Drumhead" (TNG) was 1/4 Romulan and tried to pass off his heritage as Vulcan before it was exposed. Now in that case, his heritage is not an invalidating reason to reject him from service in Starfleet, it was his falseifying an offical application that put him in danger of being dishonorably discharged.

Non-canon wise, many characters have hidden Romulan ancestry. T'Pol was at one point suppose to have a Romulan ancestor in the recent past. In another case, Vulcan Dr. Selar in "The Schizoid Man" (TNG) was 1/2 Vulcan 1/2 Romulan in certain novels.

I suppose I just shook stirred the pot there.
You're forgettijng Saavik from ST II & III, she was 1/2 Vulcan 1/2 Romulan, from a Romulan science experiment, where they kidnapped the crew of a Vulcan ship, and ***** the women, to impregnate them.

butcher suspect, "What'd you hit me with?"
Temperance Brennan, "A building"
Commander
# 20
10-30-2013, 08:37 AM
There was also Simon Tarses from that one TNG Episode. He was 1/4 Romulan.

Wanted: 200,000 Dilithium Special Feature Projects for Romulan skinned Fleet Holdings.