Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Romulan Gameplay
Login

Empire Veteran
After hitting vice admiral on a Romulan/Reman character you're ordered back to Romulan Command for the promotion mission. Unfortunately, you can't get to Romulan Command because as soon as you hit level 50 you're forced to go through the New Romulus rep intro. You don't even get the option to beam into Romulan Command - all you get is the 'Beam to New Romulus' option. And since you can't skip the cutscene you must sit through the New Romulus intro if you ever want to get to Romulan Command again.

So...

Dear Cryptic,

Please stop forcing players into the New Romulus reputation intro once they hit level 50. I'd much prefer to decide for myself when I want to start the New Romulus rep.

Thanks.
Star Trek: Online - Now with 100% more dinosaurs!!
Rihannsu
# 2
10-27-2013, 03:43 PM
it's not THAT long.... you can easily AFK it if you choose. Just start the cutscene then go make a sandwich or something...
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Republic Veteran
# 3
10-27-2013, 04:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zordar01 View Post
After hitting vice admiral on a Romulan/Reman character you're ordered back to Romulan Command for the promotion mission. Unfortunately, you can't get to Romulan Command because as soon as you hit level 50 you're forced to go through the New Romulus rep intro. You don't even get the option to beam into Romulan Command - all you get is the 'Beam to New Romulus' option. And since you can't skip the cutscene you must sit through the New Romulus intro if you ever want to get to Romulan Command again.

So...

Dear Cryptic,

Please stop forcing players into the New Romulus reputation intro once they hit level 50. I'd much prefer to decide for myself when I want to start the New Romulus rep.

Thanks.
Just so you know, you're not "forced" into doing anything aside from watching the intro to the planet at level 50. You don't get a "you must do the reputation before ever going back to the Command center again" message at all. So, here's a suggestion: deal with it as it's not that big of a deal.
Captain
# 4
10-27-2013, 05:56 PM
All cutscenes should be skippable if the player chooses to skip it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hort_wort
Hahahaha, thanks Cryptic, for doing your part to make the F2P transition of SWTOR such a success!!
Empire Veteran
# 5
10-27-2013, 06:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blassreiterus View Post
Just so you know, you're not "forced" into doing anything aside from watching the intro to the planet at level 50. You don't get a "you must do the reputation before ever going back to the Command center again" message at all. So, here's a suggestion: deal with it as it's not that big of a deal.
So how do I get back to the Command Center if the option to beam down to the CC is gone? Oh yeah, I have to beam down to New Romulus and walk in the front door - after the New Romulus rep intro. So yeah, you are forced, since the promotion mission takes place in the CC, and you can't get back into the CC without beaming down to New Romulus and going through the rep intro.
Empire Veteran
# 6
10-27-2013, 06:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by markhawkman View Post
it's not THAT long.... you can easily AFK it if you choose. Just start the cutscene then go make a sandwich or something...
Sure. Or we could not be railroaded into the Romulan rep intro.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cookiecrook View Post
All cutscenes should be skippable if the player chooses to skip it.
QFT.

It would also be really nice if cutscenes didn't automatically holster my weapons, but one thing at a time.
Captain
# 7
10-27-2013, 06:22 PM
Sneaking onto NR through the Embassy will bypass the annoying cutscene. If you find yourself trapped in the cutscene, killing the process will also get rid of it.
Republic Veteran
# 8
10-27-2013, 06:30 PM
With all the problems with the Romulan faction you make a new thread for this inconvenience...
Captain
# 9
10-27-2013, 06:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by markhawkman View Post
this

MMMmmmm a Cardpotle Bacgorn sandwich.. just like Kiko used to make...
Empire Veteran
# 10
10-27-2013, 06:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by doffingcomrade View Post
Sneaking onto NR through the Embassy will bypass the annoying cutscene. If you find yourself trapped in the cutscene, killing the process will also get rid of it.
Can I get to an Embassy without a fleet (this toon is unfleeted)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by oddboyout View Post
With all the problems with the Romulan faction you make a new thread for this inconvenience...
I know, right? What nerve, asking for a choice...

They'll never fix it if they don't know.