Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Romulan Gameplay
Login

Career Officer
# 11
10-27-2013, 06:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zordar01 View Post
So how do I get back to the Command Center if the option to beam down to the CC is gone? Oh yeah, I have to beam down to New Romulus and walk in the front door - after the New Romulus rep intro. So yeah, you are forced, since the promotion mission takes place in the CC, and you can't get back into the CC without beaming down to New Romulus and going through the rep intro.
You watch the intro 1x its unskippable since it is the same intro for every faction.

once you have watched the intro you can immediately beam up and the beam to new Romulus command should be there, as I have done than on all my romulan/remen characters.
Republic Veteran
# 12
10-27-2013, 07:00 PM
Quote:
I know, right? What nerve, asking for a choice...

They'll never fix it if they don't know.
You're right, sorry. It's Cryptic I'm frustrated with and you're just an easy target.

They should make that cutscene skippable.
Captain
# 13
10-27-2013, 09:45 PM
Quote:
Can I get to an Embassy without a fleet (this toon is unfleeted)?
You can sneak out through another fleet's embassy if you don't have your own fleet, yes.
Empire Veteran
# 14
10-27-2013, 11:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by oddboyout View Post
You're right, sorry. It's Cryptic I'm frustrated with and you're just an easy target.

They should make that cutscene skippable.
No worries, man. I'm frustrated with them too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by doffingcomrade View Post
You can sneak out through another fleet's embassy if you don't have your own fleet, yes.
Good to know. Thanks.
Star Trek: Online - Now with 100% more dinosaurs!!
Captain
# 15
10-28-2013, 12:47 AM
That whole cutscene is out of place for Romulan characters. When it happened I thought, wtf, I found the place, explored it and reported it to D'Tan, which would lead to a new settlement there. Now I am briefed by D'Tan and he speaks to me as if I have been under a stone for a while. Look what we have got here, isn't it a nice place, let's settle here.

The Romulan player should be directed from the command centre to the exploration area just with a simple interaction with an NPC.
Survivor of Romulus
# 16
10-28-2013, 01:35 AM
Hey, at least D'Tan actually refers to you as a Romulan Republic officer. Rather than as a member of Starfleet lol (which is what almost all other NPCs refer to you as)
Career Officer
# 17
10-28-2013, 01:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cookiecrook View Post
All cutscenes should be skippable if the player chooses to skip it.
this has my vote
Quote:
Originally Posted by macronius View Post
This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
Quote:
Originally Posted by valoreah View Post
It's not their fault you feel trolled by the new ability to be immune to your disco ball, sorry'boutit.
Captain
# 18
10-28-2013, 11:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fovrel View Post
That whole cutscene is out of place for Romulan characters. When it happened I thought, wtf, I found the place, explored it and reported it to D'Tan, which would lead to a new settlement there. Now I am briefed by D'Tan and he speaks to me as if I have been under a stone for a while. Look what we have got here, isn't it a nice place, let's settle here.

The Romulan player should be directed from the command centre to the exploration area just with a simple interaction with an NPC.
I agree. The whole cutsceen should be replaced with a unique one where D'Tan explains what has changed since we were last here rather than the whole song and dance. Maybe even make it part of the promotion mission. And yes, it should very much be optional and skippable. The reward for going through the whole darn thing being either a few more skill points or reputation marks.
Rihannsu
# 19
10-28-2013, 08:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stofsk View Post
Hey, at least D'Tan actually refers to you as a Romulan Republic officer. Rather than as a member of Starfleet lol (which is what almost all other NPCs refer to you as)
This is true. The Romulan version of the scene has different wording and voice over to match!

one example:
Fed/KDF: "Mol'Rihan or New Romulus in your language"

Romulan: "Mol'Rihan or New Romulus as our allies call it"

Hehe, that was nice to see.

The Romulan version also has a line about how much Mol'Rihan has changed since you were there last.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Rihannsu
# 20
10-28-2013, 08:12 PM
I can understand the first playthrough cryptic forcing you to watch every stupid cutscene but after that...SKIPPABLE. It is mind numbing and wastes time sitting through the same cutscenes you have seen countless times.

It is especially bad for missions where you want to get multiple of a mission rewards like for the mission 4028. "YOU THINK I DIDNT BRING PROTECTION". ive heard that line so many times I imagine Eraun is talking to a prostitute.