Captain
# 1 Romulan Rifles and pistols
10-28-2013, 11:08 AM
In the mission where you go to Obisek's Reman hold out on the ice planet you get a Romulan rifle or Romulan pistol.

Why are these not the basic sidearms for the Romulan fleet? I know the plasma weapons are the basic weapons for Romulans, but why can't romulan players purchase these weapons off the bat?

I love the look of them, but can only get them through one mission and it's a compression pistol or a split beam rifle.

WTH?
Survivor of Remus
# 2
10-28-2013, 11:22 AM
The rifles you can actually get through the romulan reputation system in various forms. Not sure about the pistols (as I've never purchased one myself) but I wouldn't be surprised if they followed suit.

Also, the nanite disruptor weapons on the exchange also use the same look. That's a quicker (and much cheaper) option.

Peacekeeper High Command
Bylar Crais - Zelbinion IV
Scorpius - R.R.W. Kharibdyss
Captain
# 3
10-28-2013, 11:27 AM
Didn't know about the nanite disruptors. Thanks for the info.
Captain
# 4
10-28-2013, 08:00 PM
That has always been what I thought to be dumb about romulans, is they gain a bonus for using plasma weapons with a trait, but when armed with a romulan disruptor (not the romulan plasma kind) they get no bonus for using their own weapon design.

If you have come to the forums to complain about the AFK penalty, than it is WAI.
MACO/OMEGA/KHG Accolade Bug Link
Praetor of the Romulan Tal'Shiar fleet
Empire Veteran
# 5
10-28-2013, 09:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowwraith77 View Post
That has always been what I thought to be dumb about romulans, is they gain a bonus for using plasma weapons with a trait, but when armed with a romulan disruptor (not the romulan plasma kind) they get no bonus for using their own weapon design.
Not only that, but the mission reward the OP is talking about has half the disruptor proc; so only -10 damage resistance. Equivalent rare Mk XI disruptor split beams have -20. I think the Romulan one does 4 more dps, though. Whoo hoo...

Edit: It's because Cryptic made them Nanite disruptors (without actually calling them nanite disruptors).
Star Trek: Online - Now with 100% more dinosaurs!!

Last edited by zordar01; 10-28-2013 at 10:04 PM.
Lt. Commander
# 6
10-28-2013, 10:38 PM
And another thing i noticed ist that on Virinat during the very first mission when you have to get a pistol from the lockre the colonists behind you shoot the bottles with the classic TNG/DS9 Disruptor and in every locker they are on display but you only get the plasma pistol. But as soon as you have to cut something or use a tool the character uses the Disruptor (that it doesnt have btw)instead of the plasma pistol