Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Federation Gameplay
Login

Captain
# 11
10-28-2013, 10:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by capnshadow27 View Post
What does this magic uniform look like that everyone wants one so bad?

Edit: Googled it. Not that Impressive.
It depends on personal taste. What I like is that it actually seems to be based on the AGT uniform and forms a theme with that one and the academy uniforms.

I'm very interested in keeping a uniform theme for my chars and since I consider STO to be a very very alternate timeline I went with the AGT uniforms and the Odyssey uniform make excellent "field jacket" versions of those. That's my motivation behind it
-> STO players unite and say NO to ARC <- -> Click if you prefer the old forum design! <-
-----------------------------------------------------------------
"No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
Captain
# 12
10-28-2013, 11:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by capnshadow27 View Post
Minimal flash is correct, but i honestly prefer the lines of other uniforms, some of the older ones, the newer leather looking jobs are apalling to me, a bunch of leather bound federation ruffians.

Personally i usually rock the next gen movie, racing uniform, or the baggiest uniform i can get my hands on.

I guess just personal preference, i like a muted flash...
Quote:
Originally Posted by angrytarg View Post
It depends on personal taste. What I like is that it actually seems to be based on the AGT uniform and forms a theme with that one and the academy uniforms.

I'm very interested in keeping a uniform theme for my chars and since I consider STO to be a very very alternate timeline I went with the AGT uniforms and the Odyssey uniform make excellent "field jacket" versions of those. That's my motivation behind it
See the quote i quoted. I did state that it was my personal preference, but then again i enjoy standing at attention in various places on ESD in full M.A.C.O. regalia.....
Inertia just means you can do Powerslides in you carrier!
I am Il Shadow and i approve these Shennanigans!
Captain
# 13
10-29-2013, 03:13 AM
I'm rather proud of my Odyssey uniform, I think I managed to come up with a version that both reflects Starfleet uniforms of the past, but also looks to the future.

Odyssey Uniform, USS Trafalgar Variant

From left to right; Flag Officer, Command Division, Engineering/Security Division, Science Division, Medical Division.

From what I've seen of the Season 8 loading screen, I've been trying to put together a 'Cryptic Canon' version with a grey torso and trousers, black shoulders, and the divisional colour stripe in the centre.

This character is why I don't play my Romulan any more. Tovan Khev is NOT my BFF! Get him off my bridge!

Last edited by diotw; 10-29-2013 at 03:15 AM.
Lieutenant
# 14
10-29-2013, 05:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by diotw View Post
From what I've seen of the Season 8 loading screen, I've been trying to put together a 'Cryptic Canon' version with a grey torso and trousers, black shoulders, and the divisional colour stripe in the centre.
If you select the preset Sierra 1 Uniform, then change the clothing to the Odyssey uniform (not the colours, just the outfits) you get the exact one of the loading screen.

Looks pretty, but I'm sticking with a black uniform, white shoulders, division coloured stripe with black metal trim (plus the alternate future combadge with the back two bars in black and the delta in bright silver, and bronze rank pips).....looks perty
Republic Veteran
# 15
10-29-2013, 05:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by foundrelic View Post
Looking forward to the "advanced" pieces finally getting released.
Advanced Fleet Odyssey Uniform Mk XII [Swag]x3
# 16
10-29-2013, 06:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by foundrelic View Post
Impressive? no.

Nice? Yeah.

Clean lines, minimal "flash". looks like a nice evolution of the starfleet uniform.

Looking forward to the "advanced" pieces finally getting released.
Has it ever been established that there will be forthcoming Advanced pieces, or is that just us players filling in the blanks with wishful thinking?

Gen
Captain
# 17
10-29-2013, 09:08 AM
The Odyssey uniform's pretty, but I actually like the Sierra series better because it looks more practical as an everyday-use uniform. For instance, the texture actually looks more like Kevlar than leather, but either way it looks like it would provide better protection than TNG-style pajamas. And for all the series' flaws ENT had by far the most practical uniforms: they had these nifty things called pockets. I put my captain in Sierra 5 and most of my boffs in Sierra 2.

Still, I might look at getting the Odyssey style at some point to make a dress uniform out of.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokeybacon90 View Post
Quoted for lulz.
Vadm. Kanril Eleya, U.S.S. Andraste, Strike Team Alpha

Useful Links for Foundry Writers | "Bait and Switch" -- Fed Foundry project, Part 1 rewards-qualified!
Say no to Arc! STO standalone installer
Captain
# 18
10-30-2013, 01:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by smokeybacon90 View Post
With that modifier i wouldn't want them. Nobody wants SWAG it doesnt belong in STO, unless its tarnished and sold by ferengi that is.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by starswordc View Post
The Odyssey uniform's pretty, but I actually like the Sierra series better because it looks more practical as an everyday-use uniform. For instance, the texture actually looks more like Kevlar than leather, but either way it looks like it would provide better protection than TNG-style pajamas.
And for all the series' flaws ENT had by far the most practical uniforms: they had these nifty things called pockets
Personally i like being comfy in pajamas when doing day to day lounging in my chair on the Bridge. Or walking about, comfy is relaxing.

As for the ENT utility suits (more commonly known as boiler suits) yes those where extremely practical.
Inertia just means you can do Powerslides in you carrier!
I am Il Shadow and i approve these Shennanigans!
Captain
# 19
10-30-2013, 08:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by generator88 View Post
Has it ever been established that there will be forthcoming Advanced pieces, or is that just us players filling in the blanks with wishful thinking?

Gen
I think it's mostly speculation, although the shop item teads "Odyssey Uniform Basic". So maybe at one time there will be an "open jacket" variant and maybe a "gala" VA variant, who knows.
-> STO players unite and say NO to ARC <- -> Click if you prefer the old forum design! <-
-----------------------------------------------------------------
"No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
Commander
# 20
10-30-2013, 01:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by angrytarg View Post
I think it's mostly speculation, although the shop item teads "Odyssey Uniform Basic". So maybe at one time there will be an "open jacket" variant and maybe a "gala" VA variant, who knows.
That'd be great, but I feel that in the year I've been here, I have been taught that hope is not a good thing.

-Gen