Captain
# 11
10-28-2013, 06:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crappyturbo View Post
IMHO I would like more melee weapons in general. There is what 4 melee weapons in the game that the player can use? I do not think that they will put in more melee weapons for the simple fact that it makes killing the borg on the ground too easy.
That is a good reason. However there isn't any armor to handle melee weapons. I ripped in many npcs with full shields and they died. Just cause they got too close for my Klingon to hack into. Which he packs a Bath'leth for close combat.
Captain
# 12
10-28-2013, 06:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by farmallm View Post
That is a good reason. However there isn't any armor to handle melee weapons. I ripped in many npcs with full shields and they died. Just cause they got too close for my Klingon to hack into. Which he packs a Bath'leth for close combat.
what honest klingon doesn't? I just want the short blade that you see Worf use. For some reason always preferred that to the bat'leth.
Captain
# 13
10-28-2013, 08:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crappyturbo View Post
IMHO I would like more melee weapons in general. There is what 4 melee weapons in the game that the player can use? I do not think that they will put in more melee weapons for the simple fact that it makes killing the borg on the ground too easy.
Putting in more melee weapons wouldn't change anything because any additional melee weapon would simply be an alternate skin, as the usage of all melee weapons is the same: Stick 'em with the pointy end.
Empire Veteran
# 14
10-29-2013, 05:53 AM
Klingons love ground combat, so there should be more melee weapons ingame for the faction to have access to for combat.

They could make it a series of Cstore kits divided up by size and even make a buck off of it. Go the extra kellicam and make said kits have new costume options and new melee attack and defend options.
I have often wanted them to expand the Klingon ground game and this has always been a great route to do so.
Roy Hatch (stryker) soldier, friend, and good man.
1945-2014
RIP
Ensign
# 15
10-29-2013, 09:13 AM
While we're at it.... I would like an option to be able to switch my BOFF's from ranged to melee during combat. It would add a much needed ability for ground based missions.

Last edited by saxon90; 10-29-2013 at 09:44 AM.
Captain
# 16
10-29-2013, 03:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by saxon90 View Post
While we're at it.... I would like an option to be able to switch my BOFF's from ranged to melee during combat. It would add a much needed ability for ground based missions.
kind of like knights of the old republic 2? Yeah I'd like that, hell i think they should be able to flip on their own once they get into close range combat.
Ensign
# 17
11-13-2013, 12:24 AM
I wouldn't mind seeing melee combat getting a little more dev attention. Klingons are clearly built to dominate ground-melee but are given precious too few tools (and opportunity) to do so.

I mean why have all these awesome ground traits but no real way to show them off? I will see that a Klingon with a Nausicaan Tegolar Sword or a Tsunkatse Falchion is fearsome (and fun). I wish we could get the auto-lunge ability on Bat'lehs.

But yes.. more Klingon melee weapons please.
Career Officer
# 18
11-21-2013, 08:29 PM
Tholian sword is devastating on the borg.
But yes, I would love to see more melee weapons in game.
That redshirt, Totally got vaped!!!