Starfleet Veteran
# 21
10-22-2013, 05:30 PM
Provisions for fleet holding is a little steep. It significantly negates fleet credits and since I am not aware of a means to track fleet contribution specifics it is hard to enforce any mooching off of others in a large fleet.
PvE Jem'Hadar motto: Participation Ribbons are life.
End the war with the KDF and FED, allow cross faction teams, as the queues permit.
Captain
# 22
10-24-2013, 09:26 PM
Are we sure this isn't just a mistake? Perhaps, someone made a typo when creating the embassy project, and it was just copied to the dilithium mine and spire. Project costs roughly double with each tier. (The actual increase in cost varies with project and resource; sometimes, it could be as much as 6 times.) In comparison, the cost in expertise increases by a factor of 50---from 500,000 for the tier 2 upgrade to 25,0000,000 for the tier 3 upgrade.
Captain
# 23
10-25-2013, 06:27 AM
Is this some kind of a joke? How is it even POSSIBLE to run OUT of Expertise? I have millions of it. On toons that I made during LoR. I've maxed out reps...each day, I pour tons of it into reps...each day, the number grows ever larger, across 28 toons. I have millions of this stuff. I could, and have, singlehandedly funded entire starbases of the stuff...and the number grows anyway. 25 million doesn't even make me blink. 250 million, maybe. But 25...is nothing. All it makes me think is "Finally, a USE for all this stuff", that I might see my XP actually go down instead of up today.
Career Officer
# 24
10-25-2013, 08:28 AM
My main has been able to fill 25m expertise on both holdings, along with frequent other needs for it, and already has enough for this holding... its trivial. Funny, I never even fly much anymore and still boatloads of xp
Delirium Tremens
Completed Starbase, Embassy, Mine, Spire and No Win Scenario
Nothing to do anymore.
http://dtfleet.com/
Visit our Youtube channel
Captain
# 25
10-25-2013, 11:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by doffingcomrade View Post
Is this some kind of a joke? How is it even POSSIBLE to run OUT of Expertise? I have millions of it. On toons that I made during LoR. I've maxed out reps...each day, I pour tons of it into reps...each day, the number grows ever larger, across 28 toons. I have millions of this stuff. I could, and have, singlehandedly funded entire starbases of the stuff...and the number grows anyway. 25 million doesn't even make me blink. 250 million, maybe. But 25...is nothing. All it makes me think is "Finally, a USE for all this stuff", that I might see my XP actually go down instead of up today.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicha0 View Post
My main has been able to fill 25m expertise on both holdings, along with frequent other needs for it, and already has enough for this holding... its trivial. Funny, I never even fly much anymore and still boatloads of xp
Expertise is not a problem for old characters, but it is for new characters. If you have multiple characters that are several years old, then it is not a problem. But not every fleet is the same. Some fleets have trouble getting fleet marks, others have trouble getting dilithium, etc. Expertise would not be a problem except for these 25 million tier 3 upgrades.

The reason for bringing up this issue is that it might be a bug. The increase in expertise cost is an order of magnitude greater than the increase in all other costs. Compare:

Upgrade Embassy II
10,500 fleet marks
1,000,000 dilithium
500,000 expertise
2,500 Seismic Stabilizers
6,500 Terraforming Systems
500 Embassy Provisions

Upgrade Embassy III
21,000 fleet marks
2,000,000 dilithium
25,000,000 expertise
13,000 Seismic Stabilizers
10,000 Terraforming Systems
1,000 Embassy Provisions

Last edited by frtoaster; 10-25-2013 at 11:59 PM.
Captain
# 26
10-26-2013, 12:52 PM
I don't mind joining other fleets temporarily to donate expertise. I might have close to 25 mil right now across all my characters, at least 10 mil+ per faction and I usually don't need to donate to my fleets.

Just start a thread later on if your fleet is running short, there probably are lots of others like me with extra expertise to get rid of.
Tala -KDF Tac- House of Beautiful Orions

Last edited by marc8219; 10-26-2013 at 12:56 PM.
Empire Veteran
# 27
10-29-2013, 09:57 AM
Here's something to consider:

We here on the forums, may have tons of expertise (I do), and other large amounts of resources, but a vast majority of the playerbase does not. IF they even GET to the tier 3 level. But if they do, what's to say they will have the 25 million, 50 million, 75 million expertise needed for such big upgrades?

We also know how to grind expertise and such as well, most people might not necessarily know that. Simply because we here have that knowledge, doesn't mean most people will. Nor will they necessarily have everything ready and waiting for an upgrade.

Republic Veteran
# 28
10-29-2013, 10:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimey2 View Post
I also have a question: Why is it 25 million? Sure I can understand the tier 3 of other areas being 1 million, that is pretty easy to take care of. But 25 million? That's a bit insane. I've always figured 2.5 million would be far more reasonable. First time I heard about the Embassy I thought the person who told me was trying to be funny.

Yes there will always be people who have super-high levels of Expertise to fill that kinda stuff, and also the really big fleets who have the numbers of people, but many many fleets (both small, medium, and heck even some medium-large ones) just won't have that kind of Expertise that they can spare for such massive upgrades both now, and in the future.
Fleets were designed with the assumption of 25 people. That's 1 million expertise each, which isn't really much. My Romulan has over 3 million expertise alone, and has already maxed out all the existing reps on live, and I don't spend 8 hours a day playing.

I've heard a few players now and again say they have issues with getting expertise, but I'm not sure how that can be the case with so much coming in at cap and so little to spend it on.
Captain
# 29
10-29-2013, 11:46 AM
The amount of expertise needed to finish Tier III upgrades is absurd. It would take a single player 834 Mirror Universe runs to make 25 Million Expertise, that's 70 hours of straight Mirror Universe. I don't know about any of you, but spending 70 hours grinding for worthless Expertise is not my idea of fun, I'd rather be working on the Reputation system. Unfortunately, the Reputation System also need Expertise. The only way to constantly make a large amount of Expertise over time is to kick off duty officer projects every time they finish. Dropping the expertise requirement down to 5 Million wouldn't be too much of a problem.
Captain
# 30
10-29-2013, 11:53 AM
Cue the usual mindless non-answers.

"Herp derp join a bigger fleet."