Captain
# 21
10-29-2013, 02:05 PM
All those requirements is the reason why I don't use that combo. I have used Tach Beam and can't say it doesn't work. So much is happening that I'm in the "if it helps then good". I should double check to see it shares a cooldown with another power though. And honestly, as a Sci Captain, I am trying to pack as many level 3 powers as I can. Yet, I'm tempted to use Feedback Pulse to replace Tach Beam ...
Kathryn S. Beringer - The Dawn Patrol

Solaris build - Veritatum Liquido Cernene
Career Officer
# 22
10-29-2013, 03:51 PM
I ran the Romulan Plasma beams on the Fleet Luna Class... too much fun til the Vesta and Avenger came out.

Fore Weapons:
Rom DBB, Rom Experimental BA, Omega Torp

Aft Weapons:
2 Rom BA, Kinetic Cutting Beam

All MK XII blue plasma consoles for the tac console slots

2 Romulan science MK XII consoles for flow capacitor for sci consoles with either [HuH] or some kind of extra plasma damage

Assimilated Console, Plasmonic Leech, MK XII Neutronium armor [turn] modifier, Zero Point Energy console for Eng consoles

If possible, get the entire Adapted MACO set.
~My current ship and build~
Captain
# 23
10-30-2013, 09:39 AM

Thank you for the recommendations and it is something to look forward to because my Fleet are Tiers away from being able to get Threat-scaling consoles and I just started working on various Rep - the easiest for me being Nukara ...

... and frankly the Nukara Particle Converter was a serious pain for me to get based on my current playtime.

I need help to understand why the Zero-Point console is suggested. +1.8 to all power levels is not THAT impressive ... is it? 1.8% chance to Crit seems insignificant to me. Granted it would be 1.8 more chance than I have without it, but to take a console slot does not make it worth it to me. Unless someone can school my ignorance?

I have seen Plasmonic Leech in more than one thread (including this one) and I really gotta give mine a try. Although this is another console I'm leery to commit in my build because I have yet to experience power problems. I mean, the occasional shut down is expected and happens but nothing so dire that my game is ruined or frustrated. I dunno. Let me give this a try to see if my opinion changes.

Career Officer
# 24
10-30-2013, 09:48 AM
Take a look at my Fleet Avenger build at my sig... I replaced a sci console with a Romulan Flow Capacitor to help drain the enemy power systems and strip shields off say Tholian carriers. If you add Plasmonic Leech with Target Subsystem shields...

Just get the MK XII Flow Capacitors if you can from the Exchange or Romulan Embassy (which is better as it does other stuff).
~My current ship and build~
Captain
# 25
12-13-2013, 02:02 PM
Sooo ... been a while. I've added my current build for this ship in my sig and plan to keep it updated.

Season 8 has introduced the Obelisk and its gear can be used on other ships. Specifically, the Warp Core and the Omni-direction weapon.

BUT ... these shift the weapon from Disruptors to AP. Interestingly, I started this discussion using AP. I'm VERY glad to save the AP items so if I transition back to AP, then all I need to work on is getting the Obelisk gear.

Since my FRSV is meant to be used in group settings, is AP the new 'it' thing or should I stick to Disruptors?

And to be frank, I use Spiral Wave on my AHCR for solo play. I love that style of play (broadsides) and an thinking to play my Science vessel with Beam Arrays. I'm wondering if I can get more bang for buck with BA over DBB/turret set-ups.

Thoughts?

Captain
# 26
12-13-2013, 02:15 PM
AP weapons buff your own damage when you crit. Disruptors buff everybody's damage all the time. If you have a decent crit rate then AP can be very rewarding. I usually try to get 12.5% or higher, that is about 1:8 shots, or once every two firing cycles per weapon. Below that you are better off using something that will proc more reliably. I use polarized disruptors on almost all my sci ships.

The ship is agile enough for DBBs in PVE

BTW here is my build, which was completed just recently http://www.stoacademy.com/tools/skil...ainarecon_3536