Ensign
# 1 question/problem
10-31-2013, 01:15 AM
I have 9 points in starship projectile weapons but i cant find it at bridge officer trainer, in fact there are no lvl/tier 3 skills only 1 and 2.
am i doing something wrong or lvl/tier 3 skills cant be obtained so easily?
Captain
# 2
10-31-2013, 02:01 AM
Are you trying to train torpedo high yield 3 or dispersal pattern beta 3?

Once you put at least 6 points into Starship Projectile Weapons then your character is the one that trains the THY3 or DPB3 ability. Hit U to bring up the character status, on the left click on your characters tab. At the top you should see status, skills, traits, stations, reputation. Make sure the "status" tab is clicked...you will see your picture and on the right side your personal gear. Now look at the bottom, you will see edit record and train officer...click on "train officer". An interface will come up that looks similar to the NPC boff trainer.

But the only things you will see on this list are trainable boff abilities that you are eligible to learn from the skills tree. So your character has to be tactical, because just like the tooltips say 'tactical captains who train 6 ranks into this skill can unlock the ability to train torpedo high yield 3'. Same thing for engineers and science toons...if you are playing a science character then learning 6 ranks on the skills that say 'science captains who train 6 ranks..." will let you train those abilities that are science related (such as gravity well 3).
Ensign
# 3
10-31-2013, 02:11 AM
Thanks i got it now