Career Officer
# 471
08-01-2013, 07:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverrain79 View Post
So... I'm having an issue where binds that i've unbound keep coming back, I assumed it was b/c I probably didn't create the bind file right. Could also be that I didn't unbind from the toon I transfered my hud/settings over from... My solution to this was to delete the bind file and start fresh, but I can't find it! It's nowhere to be found, does anyone have a suggestion? Is there a default bind file somewhere?
There is not a default key bind file, and if you try to export your basic config (/bind_save_file ) with no customizations you will not have any entries in the file (if it even makes a file)

Sometimes to make sure the keys are unbound, I put the following in my bind file(s):

b=""

Replace 'b' with the key(s) of your choice, just have a separate line for each key.
Career Officer
# 472
08-01-2013, 07:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dianthius View Post
What happens if I have multiple toons, do I reference the same file? I will have different combinations of powers needed for say a sci guy vs. a tac guy etc. Are there three different files I would create and put into my live folder? or do I have to shuttle files around depending on what toon I want to play that day? OR, is it a load issue in the keybind menu system in-game?

Please let me know, I have a Fed tac, fed sci, and KDF eng. all use different combos requiring different binds. How do I manage this? Great post BTW, absolutely awesome.
Each toon can have its own bind file or reference a common file. Its your choice. If you would like to simplify your life a little, you could setup a keybind that loads your common binds from one file, and another keybind that loads your faction/carreer specific binds. This way when you want to make a global change to all of your toons, it won't be as difficult.

Home "bind_load_file stoground.txt$$Playersay Keybinds Updated"

This bind uses the Home key to load my common ground binds.
Ensign
While on the 'Options' menu, a joypad's shoulder buttons and trigger buttons will swap left and right through the tabs on top of the window. Does anyone know what defaults command get mapped to Joypad buttons? (Also, this is not my first time using keybinds, nor do I want to use the in-game Joypad button-mapping - just the commands that they call.)

Tl;DR I would love to be able to swap between menu tabs with my keyboard, and the game seems to allow it.
Ensign
# 474
09-14-2013, 12:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ergthbeb1 View Post
While on the 'Options' menu, a joypad's shoulder buttons and trigger buttons will swap left and right through the tabs on top of the window. Does anyone know what defaults command get mapped to Joypad buttons? (Also, this is not my first time using keybinds, nor do I want to use the in-game Joypad button-mapping - just the commands that they call.)

Tl;DR I would love to be able to swap between menu tabs with my keyboard, and the game seems to allow it.
Upon further investigation of the tabbed dialog functionality it appears that there is absolutely no standard in-game. Some tabs respond to Joypad 'shoulder buttons' and the 'next/previous buttons', some can be scrolled through with the scroll wheel while the cursor hovers over them, some can do both, but most do neither.

controller buttons & scroll wheel functionality:
- Options Dialog

scroll wheel functionality only:
- Missions Dialog / C-Store Dialog

controller functionality only:
- Mail Dialog / Exchange Dialog

no functionality:
- Rewards & Commendations / Map / DOFF / Character / Dilithium Store / R&D / Bank /
PvE / Vendor / Replicator / Inventory / Mission

strange cases:
- Fleet Dialog - Controller buttons will work for at most 3 successive strokes, then the dialog loses focus.

- Social Dialog - controller buttons will scroll through tabs once, then the dialog loses focus and must regain focus to scroll again (but still loses focus). The left and Right controller buttons also stop at different places before losing focus.

Even if i figure out the command, it wouldn't do very much good.
Ensign
# 475 wtf
10-31-2013, 06:11 AM

Last edited by muhbulz; 10-31-2013 at 06:31 AM.
Ensign
I am very interested in exploring the many /Gen- commands in greater depth.
The console will tell you if a command is used improperly with a message such as:

GenSetValue takes 4 argument(s).
GenSetValue<string> <string> <float> <string>

For commands with only one or two arguments the expected data (like tray numbers, pet names, commands, etc...) is easy to figure out, but some are not obvious at all.

If anyone knows of a list of expected command arguments people have discovered, please post a link!
Career Officer
# 477 Command Reference Library
11-15-2013, 06:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ergthbeb1 View Post
I am very interested in exploring the many /Gen- commands in greater depth.
If anyone knows of a list of expected command arguments people have discovered, please post a link!
I tried to dig out some of these undocumented commands, but didn't get very far. Feel free to add to the content or comment.

Talosi's Command Reference Library
# 478 interacting with windows
12-20-2013, 02:54 PM
Hello, I've been configuring and readjusting the configuration on my xbox controller past few days. I have almost everything bound to the control pad with exception of interaction windows I don't know the commands for. Is anyone willing to help out with following questions:

1. I know "InteractWindow" allows you to map a button to use the main interaction window. Is there a command that allows you to interact with the "Low Priority Interaction" Window? This window can contain buttons to further a mission or story but most commonly contains the "Disable Astrometrics" button when in galaxy travel. Currently only thing forcing me to mouse click buttons.

2. Is it possible to map buttons to interact with the mini games like scanning or mining? at the moment dpad or any of the joysticks don't seem to do anything for this. Keyboard arrows still work eventhough their functions (shield distribution etc) have been rebound.

3. Is there a command you can map to close/cancel interaction window? For example for closing the inventory or escaping out of having to click an interaction button (as this plays havoc with my joypad throttles etc). - Oops disregard this one just figured out pressing Start no matter what it is bound to closes any open boxes on screen.

Last edited by majorstorm; 12-20-2013 at 05:10 PM.
Ensign
# 479 Awesome....
12-24-2013, 01:48 PM
First; there are MANY posts about binds, and they seem so similar its easy to voerlook the differences.

One in particular.... You mention $target

$target works!!!! But I cannot find it documented anywhere, and clearly, this can be used on numerous binds and commands! Where did you get this info from, please share.

I'd love to see the list (if one exists) of what calls we can use to do commands on in the bind files.

Thanks!
Commander
# 480
01-06-2014, 08:41 AM
I'm looking for the keybind to enlarge the buff icons on my teammates - in the team window. Anyone knows the command?

I already have these, but none of them affect the buff icons of my team mates, just my target, myself, focused target, and the target of my target.

GenSetEarlyOverrideFloat Hud_Statustargetoftarget_Space_Bufflist scale 2.25$$
GenSetEarlyOverrideFloat Hud_Statustarget_Space_Bufflist scale 1.75$$
GenSetEarlyOverrideFloat Hud_Statustargetfocused_Space_Bufflist scale 2.25$$
GenSetEarlyOverrideFloat Hud_Buffs scale 1.5"