Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 4,052
# 21
10-31-2013, 04:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ridddickxxx View Post
D'deridex not an cruiser?

Ok, than the Bird Of Prey is not an escort, it is a Bird Of Prey.
Raptors are not heavy escort, they are raptors.

It is called:
D'deridex Warbird Battle Cruiser, which makes it battle cruiser
Go to the shipyard and uncheck the "Warbird" category.
Can you still find the D'D in the list of purchaseable ships? No?
That's because it's a Warbird.
Commander
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 257
# 22
10-31-2013, 09:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ridddickxxx View Post
D'deridex not an cruiser?

Ok, than the Bird Of Prey is not an escort, it is a Bird Of Prey.
Raptors are not heavy escort, they are raptors.

It is called:
D'deridex Warbird Battle Cruiser, which makes it battle cruiser
STO term battlecruiser genearlly refers to a engineer type ship that can equip dhcs and has enough manuverability to use them. Until recently, that was the KDF's claim to fame. The Avneger provides that kind of gameplay to the feds, now. The Romulans don't have anything in this ball park. They have warbirds that turn like cruisers but can use dhcs for decloaking alphas. They (D'D, Ha'pax, and Hakona) are poorly equipped to dog fight with dhcs without cloaking. Bear in mind that no battlcruiser to date has battlecloak. 100% fair trade off.
Rihannsu
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,596
# 23
10-31-2013, 10:00 AM
I still think both the D'deridex and the Ha'apax should receive their own set of Comm Array Abilities.

All the "Romulans are OP" talk aside, both ships are the slowest Romulan vessels there are, they don't have any unique abilities that would differentiate them from the Scimitar for example, they can barely turn and are generally underwhelming compared to other ships available.

For example, the Tal Shiar Battle Cruiser has better turn rate, can cloak, has sensor analysis and a set of three Comm Array commands. The D'deridex has worse turn rate, no special abilities other than singularity stuff (at the expense of -40 power) and no comm array powers. It only has battle cloak, to its advantage.

Yes, Romulans as a whole need to be balanced. Their traits are ridiculous, certain ships are overpowered and so on. Still, I just think that giving the older ships something to make them more in line with the rest is in order. It's a similar issue like the one with the Galaxy. Just give the D'deridex and the Ha'apax at least two Comm Array abilities to at least lessen the gap between them and the Scimitar everyone's flying now.

I vote for Strategic Maneuvering and Attract Fire to be added to the D'deri and the Ha'apax. I mean, if the Ha'nom can use sensor analysis and subsystem targeting, like a proper science vessel, then romulan battlecruisers should receive cruiser powers as well.
Captain
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 5,027
# 24
10-31-2013, 10:59 AM
D'Deridex does not need cruiser comm arrays, it is quite capable without them
Rihannsu
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,596
# 25
10-31-2013, 12:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ursusmorologus View Post
D'Deridex does not need cruiser comm arrays, it is quite capable without them
The same could have been said about the Tal Shiar Battle Cruiser, yet that didn't stop it from receiving the comm array powers.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,076
# 26
10-31-2013, 12:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by suaveks View Post
The same could have been said about the Tal Shiar Battle Cruiser, yet that didn't stop it from receiving the comm array powers.
The Tal Shiar battlecruiser is also not a warbird and thus has no singularly powers, Romulan battle cloak gives you a better turn boost than the comm arrays already.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,000
# 27
10-31-2013, 02:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kapla1755 View Post
The Tal Shiar battlecruiser is also not a warbird and thus has no singularly powers, Romulan battle cloak gives you a better turn boost than the comm arrays already.
Technically it is a D'D, but with a Warp Core rather than a Singularity core, thus it looses its Singularity powers. The Adapted Battlecruiser with the adapted set, the borg set and the borg tech set, along with Comm Array is darn near indestructible.
Hi, my name is: Elim Garak, Former Cardassian Oppressor

LTS, here since...when did this game launch again?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 149
# 28
10-31-2013, 06:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by suaveks View Post
I still think both the D'deridex and the Ha'apax should receive their own set of Comm Array Abilities.

All the "Romulans are OP" talk aside, both ships are the slowest Romulan vessels there are, they don't have any unique abilities that would differentiate them from the Scimitar for example, they can barely turn and are generally underwhelming compared to other ships available.

I vote for Strategic Maneuvering and Attract Fire to be added to the D'deri and the Ha'apax. I mean, if the Ha'nom can use sensor analysis and subsystem targeting, like a proper science vessel, then romulan battlecruisers should receive cruiser powers as well.
That's exactly what I was thinking.

If the D'deridex *only* got the "increase threat" ATTRACT FIRE command - would that make it more OP?
If the D'deridex *only* got the "increase turn" STRATEGIC MANEUVERING - would that make it more OP?
Until now, the Sovereign started with a turn rate of 7 - which is already 2 points higher than the D'deridex. Now with the Aura it can add +3 which puts it even further ahead.

Battlecloak turn doesn't make up for that, and it's not "always on"
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,076
# 29
10-31-2013, 07:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by trhrangerxml View Post
Technically it is a D'D, but with a Warp Core rather than a Singularity core, thus it looses its Singularity powers. The Adapted Battlecruiser with the adapted set, the borg set and the borg tech set, along with Comm Array is darn near indestructible.
and the TS adapted battle cruiser is not a warbird = no singularly powers.
Ensign
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 19
# 30
10-31-2013, 11:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mirrorshatner View Post
You seem to be applying the same brush to all Romulan warbirds, when there are only a couple that have the traditional "cruiser" characteristics. The D'deridex is one of them.
The only others are Ha'apax and Haakona.

http://sto.gamepedia.com/Romulan_playable_starship

Also, not every cruiser on Federation and Klingon got the same amount of powers. The TOS 1966 Constitution got all four powers (!), the D7/K'tinga only got 3 of them.
'66 Constitution qualified as Heavy Cruiser in it's day. Now it's a light CRUISER small but tough.
Star Wars next?

26th Fleet
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:06 AM.