Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Federation Shipyards
Login

Captain
# 11
10-30-2013, 10:14 AM
Quote:
the consoles are fun, but not very competitive. there are better consoles out there to replace them. if their CD was better, they would be viable, but for now, wasting 3 slots for them is a nono (maybe the phaser thingie, if you are running an auxdhc build, but even then, it would be situational, for a few missions, but generally you would still be better off without it).
^^ This.

They're slightly more useful than the consoles that come in other 3-packs, but still get outperformed by other, passive consoles you could mount in those slots in PvE. Long cooldowns, very situational and they're easy to waste. (e.g. targets dying or moving out of range during the 15 sec your QFF needs to channel.)

The only thing I'm currently using the consoles for, is to take advantage of the adv. Quantum slipstream in sector space, but the get exchanged at the beginning of a PvE events.

I just bought the 3-pack over the single, because I wanted to have the other costumes as well.
Career Officer
# 12
10-30-2013, 10:14 AM
On my sci captain, I love this ship! I picked up the three pack, and use all three consoles in PvE. I have seen a few uses in comments above I hadn't considered, and will implement them. I have only died once, and that was purely my fault. I have survived the CE blast and Donatra's thalaron weapon more than a few times.

I put one of the cannons from my other ships up front and did a lot more damage than with a beam mix. Added a purple tricobalt launcher to replace the default photon torp too. I am also considering replacing the beams in rear with turrets, but I do love my FAW.

Survivability is great, maneuverability is great, and I can load up GW3 and TR2. I don't yet have any better gear, he just hit 50. But I plan on picking a set, and getting it maxed.
Captain
# 13
10-30-2013, 04:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiekosora View Post
I have survived the CE blast and Donatra's thalaron weapon more than a few times.
I assume you mean with the shield bubble thing? because the shield bubble in PVE is pretty much doing only this. making you survive attacks, that you could just easily move away from, even without evasive manouvers ^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by fraghul2000 View Post
The only thing I'm currently using the consoles for, is to take advantage of the adv. Quantum slipstream in sector space, but the get exchanged at the beginning of a PvE events.

I just bought the 3-pack over the single, because I wanted to have the other costumes as well.
I totally forgot about the split stream thing granted, the last time I actually travelled through sector space, was when New Romulus launched before that and after that I just used transwarp

and yeah, the +2,5k for the full pack is basically buying you lots of nice costumes, and consoles that are good for lvling. although, I was quite happy when on launch, I saw in the c-store that the tac vesta is the one, that looks rly rly good, because I knew I was not going for the set
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
10k DPS Vesta threads: 1; 2
Commander
# 14
10-30-2013, 11:16 PM
Going full alpha strike single target guild with the quantum phaser as the center piece produces funny results, Albeit every 3 mins. 25K+ from just the console with fleet gear makes it worth it.
Commander
# 15
10-31-2013, 11:11 AM
Well I ended up picking up the vesta. Using it on both of my fed characters now (tactical and engineer). The phaser thing is awesome, on my tactical with tactical team / attack pattern alpha, it can hit for 10-11k per second.

Definitely a worthwhile purchase, if expensive. I'm always apprehensive about buying the ship packs, since 50$ is enough to get a brand new game >.>