Career Officer
# 1 Odyssey Bridge
10-26-2013, 11:15 PM
Perhaps Suggested before but worth posting again.

I LOVE the Bridge on the Odyssey. I think that Cryptic did an AMAZING job and want to say so. However, I am not a fan of the Odyssey or Tactical Odyssey with only 3 Tactical Slots and end up flying my Fleet Assault Cruiser much more. So for 500 zen can we please allow us to put the awesome bridge on other ships?

Thanks
Captain
# 2
10-27-2013, 12:36 AM
The devs have mentioned that they are going to change the default bridge to match the one from the Federation Tutorial in Season 8, but I have no idea when they will do this.

The problem with the Odyssey bridge is that it is too big for some ships like the Defiant. Half the ship would be taken up by the bridge.
Captain
# 3
10-30-2013, 03:41 PM
I would like to see the transporter pad behind the bridge replaced with a turbolift. It just seems foolish to place the "front door" where guests and possibly hostile intruders could enter so close to the nerve center of the ship.
Starfleet Veteran
# 4
10-30-2013, 08:48 PM
I imagine the Odyssey's bridge transporter is more for 'Number One, take an away team...' and not 'Beam up the enemy boarding party'.

It's for fast response around the ship as well - considering how big the Odyssey is. I could see the Captain being beamed to the bridge during red alerts and such.
Career Officer
# 5
11-01-2013, 12:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidwford View Post
I would like to see the transporter pad behind the bridge replaced with a turbolift. It just seems foolish to place the "front door" where guests and possibly hostile intruders could enter so close to the nerve center of the ship.
I can't think of any instances in Star Trek of a hostile boarding party coming aboard a ship by accessing that ship's transporter system.

They use their own transporter, and beam themselves wherever they want.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jer5488 View Post
I imagine the Odyssey's bridge transporter is more for 'Number One, take an away team...' and not 'Beam up the enemy boarding party'.

It's for fast response around the ship as well - considering how big the Odyssey is. I could see the Captain being beamed to the bridge during red alerts and such.
In my mind, that's how my bridge crew gets to the battle bridge before chevron separation, or to the Aquarius before it launches.