Rihannsu
# 1 EC for crate ships?
11-01-2013, 05:31 AM
I really don't need an Obelisk carrier for any of my toons, in fact two of them are maxed out ship wise. I'm guessing the purple crate isn't transferable, just like the Bassy crate, so do i get any Energy Credits if I discard a ship crate? I can't even remember if I get EC for lock box ship crates...
A Trill, a Gorn, a Jem'Hadar, Bejoran and a Voth walk into a bar, and the Bartender asks "What is this a Joke?"
"Nope, just my away team" the trill replies before ordering a round for the bar.
Career Officer
# 2
11-01-2013, 06:20 AM
Lockbox and Lobi ship crates are absolutely transferable and able to be bought/sold on the exchange. The Lobi Obelisk Carrier was going for around 115 million last I checked.

Ship crates that you get for free from episodes and the like are bound and not able to be sold. So those you can throw away if you really don't want them.

I do hope that you haven't been throwing away lockbox and Lobi ships though. Because if you have, you just threw away possibly hundreds of millions of EC.

-Lantesh
Since Feb. 2009
Rihannsu
# 3
11-01-2013, 06:41 AM
Nope, been selling lock box ships on the Exchange. haven't been able to afford any Lobi ships save a Aeon. Ended up stripping it's weapons and deflector and installing them on the Yellowstone which I can handle better.

Mmm, maybe I'll strip my tier Temporal Ambassador Support cruiser and then discard it, and pass the name to the Obelisk carrier... Not that I'm likely to use it much, I do like my Mirror Star with Reman gear. If I really end up hating the Obelisk I can always replay Temporal to get the Bassy back.
A Trill, a Gorn, a Jem'Hadar, Bejoran and a Voth walk into a bar, and the Bartender asks "What is this a Joke?"
"Nope, just my away team" the trill replies before ordering a round for the bar.

Last edited by damzelltrill; 11-01-2013 at 06:44 AM.
Career Officer
# 4
11-01-2013, 06:57 AM
Actually, you won't be able to get the level 50 Ambassador back from that episode. It was a limited time reward and is no longer available. You can only get it again from a fleet shipyard. I think it needs T4 or so. The Ambassador that you get from the episode now is a low level one, level 30 or so.

It's the same with the Obelisk, it's a limited time reward and once the event is over it can only be gotten from the Dyson Spire fleet holding that's coming in S8.

Edit: Unless you meant throwing away the low level Ambassador. In that case, go for it.

-Lantesh
Since Feb. 2009
Lt. Commander
# 5
11-01-2013, 07:05 AM
Ships returned to Star Fleet should give players Dilithium, lets say half of its value. You make Starfleet save resources by returning your old Miranda? Least they could do is give you some of what they saved (50% value is 4000 dil).

If by chance (or folly) you want your Miranda back (!), overall cost will be 50% of value, which is reasonable.

Cheers
Captain
# 6
11-01-2013, 10:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by damzelltrill View Post
I really don't need an Obelisk carrier for any of my toons, in fact two of them are maxed out ship wise. I'm guessing the purple crate isn't transferable, just like the Bassy crate, so do i get any Energy Credits if I discard a ship crate? I can't even remember if I get EC for lock box ship crates...
If you are talking about the ship you get from running the FE mission, it is bound to your character. Only the Lobi ship is able to be sold.
I love nice long walks in the country.
Especially if they're taken by people who annoy me!
Ar ais olc leis an doer olc
Rihannsu
# 7
11-01-2013, 12:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lan451 View Post
Actually, you won't be able to get the level 50 Ambassador back from that episode. It was a limited time reward and is no longer available. You can only get it again from a fleet shipyard. I think it needs T4 or so. The Ambassador that you get from the episode now is a low level one, level 30 or so.

It's the same with the Obelisk, it's a limited time reward and once the event is over it can only be gotten from the Dyson Spire fleet holding that's coming in S8.

Edit: Unless you meant throwing away the low level Ambassador. In that case, go for it.
I was referring to the one that is always available. My level 50's currently fitted with the Jem'hadar space set, poloron and tetryon beams and I trot it out when I feel like doing a Borg Space mission.

Hmm, I can ditch the one shuttle I got free with my Reman, so I have a ship slot free there... for my Klingon... I'll have to look.