Captain
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 3,158
# 11
11-01-2013, 08:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by azurianstar View Post
CXP Conversion - I won't do. To get a 100 Fleet Marks in converting 10,000 CXP, which takes months to get back. So I would spend all my CXP on one single Fleet Project and have to wait another month to do again.
You're working from the position that this CXP has any other value or use. It does not. In fact, if you do NOT convert it, you will eventually hit the cap of how much you can hoard and any extra will be wasted. There is really no use in hoarding it past 110K.
Captain
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 4,170
# 12
11-01-2013, 10:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by azurianstar View Post
CXP Conversion - I won't do. To get a 100 Fleet Marks in converting 10,000 CXP, which takes months to get back. So I would spend all my CXP on one single Fleet Project and have to wait another month to do again.
try going into exploration sectors.
colonial exp works out third easiest to get behind engXP and espionageXP.
redoing the doff chain missions can get 3k cxp a go if the crit
Quote:
Originally Posted by redz4tw View Post
can you say attack pattern angry forumers 3?
Quote:
Originally Posted by baelogventure View Post
Considering Ryan broke 25k in a NX, I expect he could easily pull 10k in an Escape Pod with a Hand Phaser.
Captain
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 3,378
# 13
11-02-2013, 02:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by skollulfr View Post
try going into exploration sectors.
colonial exp works out third easiest to get behind engXP and espionageXP.
redoing the doff chain missions can get 3k cxp a go if the crit
The sheer amount of CXP that the dilithium mine dailies give is enormous as well (in two pools no less), especially if you crit them with lots of purples.

Everything is OP, plz nerf
Fleet Admiral Rylana - U.S.S. DNT Omega X
=== Vice Squad/House of Tlhap-Jen ===
Captain
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 1,038
# 14
11-04-2013, 01:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by doffingcomrade View Post
You're working from the position that this CXP has any other value or use. It does not. In fact, if you do NOT convert it, you will eventually hit the cap of how much you can hoard and any extra will be wasted. There is really no use in hoarding it past 110K.
You meant past 100K.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rylanadionysis View Post
The sheer amount of CXP that the dilithium mine dailies give is enormous as well (in two pools no less), especially if you crit them with lots of purples.
Actually, since the original point was FM, the FM you get from crits on the dilithium mine DOFF missions adds up pretty nicely too.

Even if you don't have great DOFFs, you should be able to get into the low 20's on crit percentage on those, which should give you 3 crits a week, if you do the missions every day. That would give about 20k CXP/week, in addition to 105 FM from the crits (assuming that you have access to level 3 mission), for a total of 305 FM/week from something which takes only a few minutes per day.
Captain
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 3,158
# 15
11-04-2013, 06:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by elessym View Post
You meant past 100K.
No, I did not. You need 110K to be able to run the mission at all. Therefore, hoarding to 110K serves a function, hoarding past 110K does not.
Captain
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 1,038
# 16
11-04-2013, 06:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by doffingcomrade View Post
No, I did not. You need 110K to be able to run the mission at all. Therefore, hoarding to 110K serves a function, hoarding past 110K does not.
No, hoarding to 110K serves no function. If you're hoarding to 110K, that implies that you don't want the level to fall below 110K.
Captain
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,490
# 17
11-04-2013, 08:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by doffingcomrade View Post
No, I did not. You need 110K to be able to run the mission at all. Therefore, hoarding to 110K serves a function, hoarding past 110K does not.
Quote:
Originally Posted by elessym View Post
No, hoarding to 110K serves no function. If you're hoarding to 110K, that implies that you don't want the level to fall below 110K.
Gentlemen, gentlemen (or Ladies, which ever combination is appropriate), you are arguing somantics. YOu both agree that a player saves up about 10K of CXP in each of the categories and then expends it for fleet marks. Let's leave it at that and not get wrapped around the axle about the words we choose to use to explain ourselves.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 131
# 18
11-05-2013, 01:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by azurianstar View Post
I appreciate everyones suggestions.


Defera - Often I have to wait for 3 hours to find a KDF group and it's very painful to waste time just standing there waiting for a group. At best, while waiting I get the Probe and earn 60 marks.

Mine Trap and CE - Not really enough Fleet Marks to earn work on projects.

No Win Scenario - requires you to be in a group to farm it. Not to mention its likely going to be nerfed as an exploit.


CXP Conversion - I won't do. To get a 100 Fleet Marks in converting 10,000 CXP, which takes months to get back. So I would spend all my CXP on one single Fleet Project and have to wait another month to do again.



Yes, they may seem like excuses, but you are basically saying I have to work 10x harder to level up my Klingon Starbase compared to Federation Starbases where I could constantly get in Fleet Mark Events without problems. That's the thing that people aren't understanding. It's harder for Klingons now and how can we move forward if we have to work harder for less of a reward? You know?
Head to Defera and summon your bridge crew away team. I have solo's all of the Defera hard's that way xD. I should post a fraps recording on youtube

"The Borg - party-poopers of the galaxy" ~ The Doctor
"If you hear muffled screams, consider it a request for beamout" ~ Tom Paris
Joined January 2012
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,003
# 19
11-05-2013, 02:25 AM
I don't know man, I've grabbed about 1.7k KDF FM's in a couple of days, this past week.

Between Fleet Alert (50ish), Colony Invasion (50ish), Crystalline Entity Elite (85), Mine Trap (100ish; no cooldown) and the Ocasional pug NWS (anywhere between 17 and 90ish) it was enough to keep me cycling non-stop during bonus hour and reasonably fast outside of it. And you can generally run a cycle like that in less than an hour. *shrug*

And that's only because we don't have a KDF NWS team up yet...

I'd say it's definitely been worse. I just wish the Starbase Defence queue would fill, or be made cross-faction (optionally, maybe).
Captain
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 564
# 20
11-05-2013, 09:34 AM
When I go to Defera, if I'm waiting for a hard group to form, I'll pass the time by picking up some of the easy or medium missions (City or Temple only; I've stayed out of Power Plant b/c I wasn't sure if it shares Zone chat with the rest of the Invasion Zone, can anyone confirm that one way or the other?). The payoffs might not be on par with the Hards, but if I'm intent on hanging out until a team forms, it's a better alternative to just sitting on my hands.

Later on,
Gen
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:06 AM.