Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Federation Gameplay
Login

Closed Thread

Captain
# 31
02-11-2013, 04:40 AM
PvE is faceroll and you do not need to have well-optimized weapons to succeed. Base damage alone suffices.
Starfleet Veteran
# 32
02-11-2013, 12:21 PM
My personal opinion with the builds that I am running is thus.

Antiproton: with my crit chance sitting at 15.4% minimum I cit so often that I actually doubled my DPS with it vs. the same build without the romulan boffs. No accuracy bonus though so I lose that if I try to use them in PvP. You can't get crits if your not hitting. So unless I am just attacking cruisers with it it is pointless for me. STFs though the build rocks, I out DPS 4 team mates on Khitomer vortex space elite. I was on 1 side and all 4 were on the other and I finished my side first. I had a little help when I got taken out by the gate before I got though. And to their credit they were new to STFs. ( I was kind of training them)

Phased Polaron ACCx2: This is my PvP build. I combine that with 1 science console that adds the plasma proc for that little bit of bonus damage but the combined phaser and polaron procs are devastating in PvP. I drain somewhere around 40 to 50 energy points when I proc if they don't have a ton of power insulator skill and even if they do I still have the phaser proc. Additionally I have speced out to resist both as much as I can. Polaron drain hardly affects me at all and I have Adapted Maco set with the hot restart engines and team batteries that cover either weapon and aux or shield and engine. Granted that's as much as I can do but it helps a lot.

I really wish though that I could get Mk XII antiproton CrtHx3 but they don't exist in the game at this point. Those would be great for my STF build. My Ideal weapon load out though would be AP ultra rare CrtHx4 but I don't think we will ever see those in the game since EVERY advanced fleet weapon is DMGx3 and 1 other bonus. I am also really hating the idea that the elite ones seem to be ONLY phaser or disruptor.
Starfleet Veteran
# 33
02-11-2013, 01:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shimmerless View Post
As far as PvP goes polaron is a lot stronger than antiproton, two main reasons being that there's no competitive antiproton weaponry (as confirmed by devs) and CritD only applies to base damage, making it somewhat more lacklustre in practice than one would expect.
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeusima View Post
On the threat consoles in PvP... not quite. The % dmg increase from consoles only applies to the base damage, so out of say 1000 DPS for the weapon a 25% console adds 50 DPS, which is a 5% increase per 25% console.

Isn't this always the case for all damage consoles and modifiers? If not, then which ones are the exceptions?
Empire Veteran
# 34 Plasma was king
11-03-2013, 08:31 AM
Plasma was dps king due to Embassy consoles right up until the 2 pc set bonus from Sphere of Influence gave AP a 10% boost.
Career Officer
# 35
11-03-2013, 09:08 AM
I am sure it has ben mentioned already but I post again......As far as I know MK 12's only drop in STF eltes.....other then fleet vendors with equivalent levels.

Seen a few AP weapons drops in the recent weeks but most often I see tetryon and phaser drops in my experiences.
Napoleon's final defeat came at Waterloo. Must've been embarrassing. You're the f'ing emperor. You conquered all of Europe, only to lose in a place with a stupid name like Waterloo. Or Watergate, or Whitewater. Note to politicans: Stay on land.
Captain
# 36
11-03-2013, 09:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by adabisi View Post
I am sure it has ben mentioned already but I post again......As far as I know MK 12's only drop in STF eltes.....other then fleet vendors with equivalent levels.

Seen a few AP weapons drops in the recent weeks but most often I see tetryon and phaser drops in my experiences.
that and you can buy them out of the omega rep store.
t6 cruiser? keep it, i'd rather have aux to dampers 3.
as it turns out, an intrepid would lose a fight with a connie.
and thats canon.
! the power of plot compels you.
Captain
# 37
11-03-2013, 09:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by skollulfr View Post
that and you can buy them out of the omega rep store.
You can buy AP ground weapons out of the Omega rep store. We're talking about space weapons.
Vadm. Kanril Eleya, U.S.S. Andraste, Strike Team Alpha

Useful Links for Foundry Writers | "Bait and Switch" -- Fed Foundry project, Part 1 rewards-qualified!
Say no to Arc! STO standalone installer
Community Moderator
# 38 Closing Necro Thread
11-04-2013, 08:09 AM
CONFIDENTIAL COMMUNIQUE TO ALL TEMPORAL ACCORD AGENCIES:

The Department of Temporal Investigations has determined that this thread is a temporal anomaly. It should have died after there were no new posts after 30 days or more. DIT agents have acted to correct the anachronism and the proper timeline has been restored.

Please remember to check the dates of threads; and if you find an old thread which violates the PWE Community Rules and Policies or has been inactive for over 30 days before someone replied to it just report it and avoid posting in it per the Temporal Prime Directive.

Please bear in mind that re-posting in "necro'd" threads is considered a form of spamming.

Note that you're more than welcome to start a new timeline -- I mean, thread -- on the topic or to post in an existing active thread.

Live Long and Prosper,
Bluegeek
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online forums -- My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a "forums and website" support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.
Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
Closed Thread