Career Officer
# 11
11-04-2013, 05:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by icegavel View Post
...FEEDBACK - Revert these changes, please. We understand that you want reputations to be end-game stuff and a bit of a challenge, but making them twice as expensive and grindy isn't the way to do it. You're fixing what isn't broken - the Dyson rep was fine as it was.
THIS +1

Thank you.

When XP earnings during a Double-XP Weekend still feel like I'm underperforming,
there's something terribly wrong with the reward system...

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Original Join Date: Feb 2010.
Lieutenant
# 12
11-04-2013, 05:48 PM
STO devs - Grinding is fun.
Players - Grinding is boring.
Rihannsu
# 13
11-04-2013, 05:51 PM
Uhuh... so the idea behind all the new missions was that they would reward less marks due to the fact that less marks are required for the revamped reputation, yet despite all of this you increase the cost of all the new items to be more in-line with the current holodeck costs...

Makes no sense. This just makes it a bit easier to level up the reputation, but makes grinding for equipment even worse than it is.
Captain
# 14
11-04-2013, 05:51 PM
Hoo.. good.. intolerable grind here we go again..

Division Hispana
www.divisionhispana.com
Commander
# 15
11-04-2013, 05:52 PM
I really hope the increase in the mark costs is not a result of people on Tribble having a lot of marks. This is from the space zone not spawning the boss fight and instead granting 10 DM every 1-2 minutes to everyone in the zone. Without that bug DM are not all that easy to come across, especially in the numbers you want us to use them in now.

This also kind of shoots the usefulness of the 350 DM for 5 Commendations in the foot. It went from an expensive project I could see doing if I was not going to be able to play for awhile to a project I probably can't ever afford to use. 20 DM for 150xp is also probably more of a waste then I'll be able to afford to do. I'll need to keep every DM I can get in order to be able to afford any of the gear. And my thought of getting the space sets is kind of down the drain now that the cost has gone from 2250 to 4200 DM. Ground set went from cool, maybe I'll pick up a couple of this set to no thanks. 750 DM with the current rewards was doable but even with the bugs it took me a long time of sitting in the space map to get enough to pick up the ground set. If you fix the space map then picking up 1500 DM is probably going to take me a month of work.

The change in the EC costs and values make even less sense to me. After the change the free item you get will be sellable for around 4500-9800EC. Its likely to average out to the cost of one of the 150xp projects, which is not bad. However you are dumping large amounts of EC into the system from every other part of the game. I get a lot of junk ground gear on Defera while I"m hunting marks, this is going to increase my EC from that by 3-4x.

Increasing the DM mark cost of the 1h project change it from 20 to 40 DM to get the 2800xp. While its true that the total number of marks needed to cap is up to 1465 I can't really say that 150xp for 20DM feels like a good trade off. Getting 7.5xp per DM when I know I now need 1000s of DM for any of the sets will probably lead to my not bothering to do the 150xp project anymore, unless I end up with 5k DM or more somehow I'll just do the free project, level a bit slower then with the other reps, make a sponsership token and just level alts using the free project as well.

EDIT: Oh and some consumables in the Dyson Rep might be nice. Only rep I see without some sort of consumable item to get.

Last edited by ikuruyo; 11-04-2013 at 05:55 PM.
Career Officer
# 16
11-04-2013, 06:11 PM
Congratulations, you just ruined the Reputation with increasing and doubling the costs at the same time.
With such low mark gains from Missions and such it is even more grindier than all exisiting ones.
Good luck on selling this as "an improved,better and new revamped reputation"

Oh, btw. I think you can stop using REDACTED now and just call it by the name "Omega Particle"...
Captain
# 17
11-04-2013, 06:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ikuruyo View Post
I really hope the increase in the mark costs is not a result of people on Tribble having a lot of marks. This is from the space zone not spawning the boss fight and instead granting 10 DM every 1-2 minutes to everyone in the zone. Without that bug DM are not all that easy to come across, especially in the numbers you want us to use them in now.
If this is true, the devs are making bad adjustments. At least they're being proactive this time around. When Fleet Marks came out, you could farm 900 in an hour in Nukara for the first couple of weeks.
Starfleet Veteran
# 18
11-04-2013, 06:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by coldsnapped View Post
General:
  • Wintercoat belts have been taken out of the Formal wear category.
Whatever happened to removing the distinction between Uniform/Off-Duty/Formal costume pieces so we could mix'n'match whatever (and also allow BOffs to wear non-uniform peices)?

Raptr profile
Empire Veteran
# 19
11-04-2013, 06:16 PM
ROFLMAO...

The Dyson crap space set that is by far the worst set to come across this game was jacked up to almost 1k rep points LOL. After testing it for a long period of time it is so bad I would use the breen set over it if I had to choose something that was crap but was better crap than the dyson set. Yeah Cryptic good luck with the what 950 marks for something that is basically worse than what any player already has.

Also yea gotta make sure those romulans don't have any clipping problems but KHG costumes still broken after a year now.

Yeah a lot of hype but its kinda sad that such lengths are taken to try to get players to return just to get them more peeved off than they are already when the issues surrounding season 7 haven't been fixed or addressed.

HA lol Hype + Less grindy = Sponsorship token - players seeing thru spun hype and seeing its just as grindy if not more = fail.

Last edited by zeuxidemus001; 11-04-2013 at 06:18 PM.
Empire Veteran
# 20
11-04-2013, 06:18 PM
Please stop raising the cost. You are going backwards!
King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride.
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...1#post13990891