Starfleet Veteran
# 21
11-04-2013, 05:20 PM
So...what you've done is to take most of what was going to be great (and MUCH IMPROVED over the current Rep systems) about the Dyson Rep set-up, and which was hoped to be a model to be followed later by the other systems, and you've Crypticized it: i.e., made it expensive, require lots of inputs, and so on...all of which was supposed to be changing for the better. It was even demonstrated and talked about as such in the live Twitch event Bran did. Maybe you should go back and watch it...

Why do you guys do this kind of stuff? I know that a lot of this was just for testing purposes (e.g., the "20-hour cooldown" taking minutes, etc.), but the fear is that, when this launches, it's just going to be ANOTHER grindfest, introducing yet ANOTHER currency (going back yet again on the early 2011 announcement of "we're just going to stay with credits, Dil, and Latinum" when we complained about too many currencies) - because since S6, EVERYTHING one can donate to a Starbase is a currency - and, in the end, not introducing anything progressive at all.

Fleet Commander
Caprica's Revenge
(...actually active since November 2010, which may one day be important to archaeologists, but not to anyone else...)
Rihannsu
# 22
11-04-2013, 05:21 PM
Wow just wow...

You know before we were all looking forward to the reputation changes...

Faster, less hassle, no where near as costly... We were even more excited by the possibility of the old reps getting updated to the new system...

But now we're not just looking at a step backwards, we're looking at a transwarp class double somersault backwards...

Bravo gents, bravo....
"STO - To boldly frakk up what wasn't frakked before...."
Commander
# 23
11-04-2013, 05:22 PM
So you now make the hourly project cost more than even the Tier 5 version of the 800 XP projects on other reps, yet it only rewards 150 XP. Cutting the project from 300 XP to 150 XP was bad enough, this doubling of the mark requirements is unacceptable.
Fed Fleet: Kodiak Legion (Tier 5 Lvl 20) | KDF Fleet: Imperial Legion (Tier 5 Lvl 20)
Career Officer
# 24 Grind
11-04-2013, 05:31 PM
Welcome to Star Grind Online: Season 8

Anyone else having abhorenly long patch times with this patch?

Last edited by chadhughes145; 11-04-2013 at 05:33 PM.
Starfleet Veteran
# 25
11-04-2013, 05:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chadhughes145 View Post
Anyone else having abhorenly long patch times with this patch?
Yup; been at 92% for about 45 minutes now...

Fleet Commander
Caprica's Revenge
(...actually active since November 2010, which may one day be important to archaeologists, but not to anyone else...)
Rihannsu
# 26
11-04-2013, 05:35 PM
I personally would be curious to hear their defense as to why they decided to double the costs for gear, cause ultimately this makes zero sense at all.

If anything, if they are going to bump the cost of the 150 xp project, they should bump it to 300 per hour.

At any rate, I'm not a fan of this move and it's going to make this another pile of gear that i wont bother with at all

Edit: Oh and this patch includes the new intro.bik, and I've seen in the past that when we have to download that file, patching takes forever and a day
@deniedexistence

Last edited by deniedexistence; 11-04-2013 at 05:38 PM.
Rihannsu
# 27
11-04-2013, 05:37 PM
>Are you frustrated?

And I told you guys .... werent you happen with the 2500xp projects? werent you happy with the whole token deal?

And lets not forget ... you wanted this "new and improved" system to be adapted by the other 3 reputation system so I hope they also get the costs DOUBLED because this is wunderbra right?
Romulans ...
You start your career off as a simple farmer... then you launch yourself into a galaxy filled with intrigue, power plays, and high stakes games of interstellar conflict, as your career careens upwards onto your final destination ... a level capped Dilithium and Fleet Mark Farmer!
Survivor of Romulus
# 28
11-04-2013, 05:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by coldsnapped View Post
We will be bringing down the Tribble server for maintenance to apply a new update: ST.35.20131029a.6

Dyson Joint Command Reputation

*Increased the Dyson Sphere Mark cost of equipment projects.
*Ground set pieces now cost 500 up from 250.
*Secondary space sets now cost 500 up from 300.
*Space sets now cost 900 up from 450.
*Increased the Energy Credit cost of secondary space set pieces from 12,000 to 30,000.
*Increased the Dyson Sphere Mark cost on the hourly reputation XP project from 10 to 20.
*Increased the Energy Credit cost on the hourly reputation XP project from 2000 to 7500.
*Items awarded from Dyson Equipment Requisition boxes now sell for energy credits again.
Lol well bang goes any reason to buy any of the rep gear. Not only is it sub par to Omega gear, but you made it cost almost as much

My Chars = 1 Main (Fed Eng) & 5 Mules for fun.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitsune424 View Post
Here is your ticket to the USS Stupidity, Third class, four tacks on the chair, rules state you MUST sit on the chair, no standing, or hovering above the tacks, thank you have a nice day
Career Officer
# 29
11-04-2013, 05:45 PM
If you double the costs, double the amount of marks each event/mission/queue grants...
Rihannsu
# 30
11-04-2013, 05:47 PM
What the REDACTED are you thinking Cryptic?

You brag for weeks about how great the new reputation system is, how much less grind we'll have to do, how it'll cost us less, with the same reward, and you hope it's going to be the model of the future rep system (to come "soon")

Then you REDACTED it up, by making it exactly the same as previous Rep systems. No not even that, but REDACTED more complicated by adding in EXTRA currency (or whatever you call it), and also my making it cost more with the small boosts, to get the exact same place you are with the other Rep systems.

Well great new REDACTED system you got going there now Cryptic. Way to make it go from "this is REDACTED great, less grind" to a REDACTED grind fest... REDACTED again.

I don't so much mind the increase to EC, not with the items in the boxes giving us EC now, that'll at least offset the EC cost. My problem is with the REDACTED mark increase.

Last edited by ladymyajha; 11-04-2013 at 06:02 PM.