Captain
# 21
11-03-2013, 08:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hasukurobi View Post
Breen Cluster is a whole other thing and is mines. The Transphasic Mines are perhaps the best Mines in the game outside of Nakura but that is not always saying much.

I have been hit by boats specializing in Transphasic Torps with Torp High Yield III and they STILL failed to scratch off more than 15% hull. So at the moment with their HORRIBLY low DPS they are really not that great. If you tried to do the same thing with Quantums you would have much better results even THROUGH shields. Also burn procs deal way more damage through shields.

Moreover, as someone mentioned they do need to fix torps in general but for Transphasics you can really show how energy weapons clearly make them obsolete to the point of sadness.
Who gives a DAMN about dps?

its about spike damage. 30-70k damage straight to the hull...

i find your bragging about 15% hull scratches completely BS too. I play my brel almost every single day and I have yet to meet a ship of any kind or build that doesnt drop at least a quarter to a half of their hull on my initial attack run.

Each torpedo hit does over 2000 hull damage (ive seen crits of over 8000 too). Each one. Do you think I am just firing ONE torp and nothing else? No, I am firing over 10 at you as I am closing in, and dropping my GW/Subnuke/Sensorscan/tractor beam, breen cluster and nukara mines on you

You might survive if you are quick on your HEs/MW/or ET. Then i come back around during your CD and drop another load.

Dont make non factual statements, especially not to me. I know what my little bop can do, I play it daily and was actually PvPing with it less than a half hour ago.
Vice Admiral Rylana - U.S.S. DNT Omega X || Vice Admiral Lyzara - I.R.W. DNT Omicron X
Vice Admiral Kailiana - R.R.W. DNT Theta X || Vice Admiral Talina - I.R.W. DNT Tau X
Vice Admiral Victoria - U.S.S. DNT Upsilon X || Lt. General Dannika - I.K.S. DNT Sigma X
Vice Admiral Shondra - R.R.W. DNT Alpha X || Lt. General Rosanna - I.K.S. DNT Iota X
=== Vice Squad/House of Tlhap-Jen ===
Starfleet Veteran
# 22
11-03-2013, 09:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by questerius View Post
60% may be over the top. 45% maybe?

Anyway, with Season 8 approaching i expect variants of the Voth torpedoes to become available combining transphasic and chroniton.
A mistake a lot of people make is thinking transphasic are only 40%. Its not 40% but 40% bonus on top of the basic 10%. Not sure if you are talking about finale bleedthough being 45% or bonus bleed though being 45%.
Captain
# 23
11-04-2013, 02:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pottsey5g View Post
A mistake a lot of people make is thinking transphasic are only 40%. Its not 40% but 40% bonus on top of the basic 10%. Not sure if you are talking about finale bleedthough being 45% or bonus bleed though being 45%.
Which in turn is reduced by covariant shields, i know.

The biggest problem is that bleed through from quantums is often higher than the transphasic damage.

A small increase may be warranted, but it'll have to be done with baby steps or it'll go OP in the blink of an eye.
Career Officer
# 24
11-04-2013, 02:23 AM
i have played various torp boat configurations, when shields have been stripped the photon damage is immense and you only need three launchers with doff recharge, quants fire a bit more slowly but their damage to shields is significantly better then photons but not really much difference in overall damage to the hull. transphasics i gave up on back in early 2011, they were crap, and failed to impress my standards of utter destruction. but recently the transphasics on the obelisk carrier have made me reconsider their destructive ability.
Joined STO late 2010. Bought starter pack LoR & LTS 2013.
Proud owner of a Targ pup to a federation character.
T5 Miranda FTW! Hope to see Miranda Class made a T5 ship.
Career Officer
# 25
11-04-2013, 04:51 AM
I use transphasics to good effect for a shield bypass cruiser. Its good fun.
"Once more unto the breech..."

Rogue Shipyard Blog
Career Officer
# 26
11-04-2013, 08:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mirrorchaos View Post
i have played various torp boat configurations, when shields have been stripped the photon damage is immense and you only need three launchers with doff recharge, quants fire a bit more slowly but their damage to shields is significantly better then photons but not really much difference in overall damage to the hull. transphasics i gave up on back in early 2011, they were crap, and failed to impress my standards of utter destruction. but recently the transphasics on the obelisk carrier have made me reconsider their destructive ability.
Agreed, and as said in an earlier post, I prefer the much-ignored photon torpedoes too. Okay, they're more often than not viewed as the underdog, but seriously - with three [purple] torpedo DOFFS I can fire them off every second - and I'm sorry, quantum torpedoes may do superior DPS - but being able to fire a photon torpedo every second certainly puts them close to a similar DPS output; and against an exposed hull, they prove to be a relentless barrage that do some VERY nice damage.
Saying that, I admittedly only really use them on my Fleet Intrepid, as it's very useful to have the ability to fire torpedoes every second when the ablative generator is active (thus taking energy weapons offline).

STAR TREK BATTLES - HIGH DPS PLAYERS NEED NOT APPY
Starfleet Veteran
# 27
11-04-2013, 10:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by reyan01 View Post
Agreed, and as said in an earlier post, I prefer the much-ignored photon torpedoes too. Okay, they're more often than not viewed as the underdog, but seriously - with three [purple] torpedo DOFFS I can fire them off every second - and I'm sorry, quantum torpedoes may do superior DPS - but being able to fire a photon torpedo every second certainly puts them close to a similar DPS output; and against an exposed hull, they prove to be a relentless barrage that do some VERY nice damage.
Saying that, I admittedly only really use them on my Fleet Intrepid, as it's very useful to have the ability to fire torpedoes every second when the ablative generator is active (thus taking energy weapons offline).
The thing is with 3 purple projectile doffs quantum fire at pretty much the same speed as the photons as long as we are not talking single launchers. Plus your photons are not firing every second that?s double the max speed possible. Due to the limit on firing speed x2 quantum with doffs will out damage x2 Photons. The only time photons are worth is if only 1 is fitted or with the photon defense console and possibly the new photon set.
Ensign
# 28
11-04-2013, 07:14 PM
-TP are easily available in Mk XII when you add the 40% penetration, they match Quantums and the XII purple console makes them better than Quantums.
I just noticed they are 2 sec longer to cooldown than Q's

Last edited by rikersdad; 11-04-2013 at 07:20 PM.