Lt. Commander
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 135
# 141
11-01-2013, 11:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gerwalk0769 View Post
As a Fed, I hope the Federation exhausted all diplomatic possibilities before commencing hostilities against the Voth in S8. I'd like to know that the Federation acted in defense instead of starting a conflict with the Voth. Perhaps some language, a cut scene or something has been or can be added to an intro mission to address this.
Didn?t you look at the promotional picture?

It is obvious that the playable factions are the aggressors as the Voth are not even shooting back while being mercilessly attacked by these species from the Alpha and Beta quadrants!
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 836
# 142
11-01-2013, 11:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gerwalk0769 View Post
As a Fed, I hope the Federation exhausted all diplomatic possibilities before commencing hostilities against the Voth in S8. I'd like to know that the Federation acted in defense instead of starting a conflict with the Voth. Perhaps some language, a cut scene or something has been or can be added to an intro mission to address this.
Its about the Omega, the Feds won't negotiate or hold back. They go there to destroy no matter what.
Watch the corresponding Voyager episode.
Career Officer
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 17
# 143
11-01-2013, 04:56 PM
I did a full run today with a friend, zone is much more playable now performance wise, but this control points and buffs mechanic still bothers me. I don't like that you have to do a little race for control points with any other player in the freshly captured zone, and this way you doesn't even get enough to properly reinforce an area.

I suggest a possible other mechanic for reinforcements, if not for release, for the future and it could exist along the existing one:

- Make control points a recharging bar that tops at, let's say 200.
- When arrived in the battlezone you have 0 points.
- Points generate over time.

Also the shuttle that lands with reinforcements. at the end of some captured zones, it would be nice if players could use it to fly to other allied controlled zones.

We also have run into some bugs:

- We have beamed down as a team, and we did not get our bridge officers.
- We witnessed upon arrival the no control zone map overlay bug, that once fixed itself mid game.
- We saw a spontaneous zone reset, did not take screenshots, we tried to take an omega zone (the one where you have to move a container to a tower), it appeared exceptionally hard for the two of us (just tried the ground set, therefore we did not beam out to get our boffs so those Voth Spec Ops killed us a lot), then the zone was captured, the enemies ran away, and the park zone that was captured wholly was all red again.

One last thing, it appeares the zones have randomization, like they either can be capture or artillery(judging from the structures present in them, like generators in capture zones). If that is so, it's a nice touch.

EDIT: Forgot to mention, there were control points that dropped on top of buildings, out of reach

Last edited by draltai; 11-01-2013 at 06:59 PM. Reason: Added an issue.
Captain
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 568
# 144
11-02-2013, 07:25 AM
Just loged in and saw the bug with the whole map not coloured again, all was white and there wasnt any red/blue zones. I did some pics but it seems was for nothing, really sry, i probably misstyped the /bind command to bind a key to take a screenshot with the ui, all screenies were without the ui when i wanted to upload them
Then d/ced and when i reloged back in, I was placed to a different instance and it seems that instance was locked, cuz i couldnt change to it, and there were only 2 ppl in there.

Other then that, the map is indeed much better now, runs smoother.
I do too agree that some other method is needed for rewarding those blue credints you have to gather from the ground to call reinforcements. Maybe each player that was in that area to automaticly get a set amout of those directly in inventory...
Career Officer
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 708
# 145
11-02-2013, 09:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mosul33 View Post
Just loged in and saw the bug with the whole map not coloured again, all was white and there wasnt any red/blue zones. I did some pics but it seems was for nothing, really sry, i probably misstyped the /bind command to bind a key to take a screenshot with the ui, all screenies were without the ui when i wanted to upload them
Then d/ced and when i reloged back in, I was placed to a different instance and it seems that instance was locked, cuz i couldnt change to it, and there were only 2 ppl in there.

Other then that, the map is indeed much better now, runs smoother.
I do too agree that some other method is needed for rewarding those blue credints you have to gather from the ground to call reinforcements. Maybe each player that was in that area to automaticly get a set amout of those directly in inventory...
i also experience not seeing the red/blue zones on the map
Career Officer
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,339
# 146
11-02-2013, 09:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by imadude3 View Post
i also experience not seeing the red/blue zones on the map
As did I. Everything was running much smoother with no major issues that I saw, but the map wasn't color coded at all.
Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 265
# 147
11-05-2013, 01:59 AM
I obviously encountered the red-blue bug, too. However I want to add some other observations.

First: I noticed that the battlezone quest timers are triggered upon turn in not upon taking them. As I already stated during the summer event that interferes with my grind. You trained me the better part of three years to do timed quests on a two day interval back to back and now I need to adjust? In case you don't know what I mean with two day interval let me explain with 'strange new worlds'. day 1, take strange new worlds, do something else. day 2, finish strange new worlds, take it again, finish it for a second time. day 3, see day 1. day 4, see day 2.
Sounds funny, but disallowing that actually makes me play that particular content less. Proof? 'Flying High' which simply broke when left in the journal for more than the 20h cooldown was the first seasonal event which I didn't complete on all my chars.

Now onto more specific issues.
I think the dynamic spawns for additional players in a capture point are a bit too sensitive. I had it happen more than once that 'reinforcements' arrived at the point I was trying to capture, multiple voth groups spawned instantly and the reinforcements of course backed off since they weren't commited. I would prefer a soft timer that doesn't trigger as soon as someone runs by. I assume there will be quite a few people who would get their kicks out of spawning some additional dinos on unsuspecting players without even having the intention to engage said spawns too.

'Endfights':
I like that you actually have to take part in one of the three dino fights to get your rewards for the zone. What bothers me though is that once you take down your boss you almost have no chance to get to a second boss in time. I can manage with generous use of motion accelerator if there already is someone taking out the voth technicians grabbing the REDACTED but if by chance the site is not covered yet there is nothing you can do. Coordination through zone chat previous to the flip is working on tribble right now but when I imagine that on holodeck with possible dozens of running battlezone instances....
Maybe some nice legacy floater messages if an area has no players engaging the boss fight?
In addition a runspeed burst buff when finished with your area boss would be nice. There are soo many buffs spawning in the battlezone and no runspeed? tsk tsk tsk.

Last but not least: Don't forget to bring your Ophidian Canes to the battlezone. And cane a boss for the lulz.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:00 PM.