Captain
# 91
11-05-2013, 03:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by deniedexistence View Post
I personally would be curious to hear their defense as to why they decided to double the costs for gear, cause ultimately this makes zero sense at all.
Oh don't worry , I'm sure the CDF will be right along explaining how this is all whining , and you don't know how to play and that this is actually for your benefit and what was before on Tribble was an exploit .

Did I forget anything ?

DOOOOMMM perhaps ? Yeah , that was it .

... I think I can hear Gecko somewhere laughing ...
STO will be out of Beta in another 2-4 years ???
... you know after another 3 story arc remasters, crafting revamp, skills revamp, PVP upgrade ...
*note : the 2-4 year guesstimate came out of comparing Cryptic's Dev speed and that of a snail . Sadly the snail won .

Last edited by aelfwin1; 11-05-2013 at 04:00 AM.
Career Officer
# 92
11-05-2013, 04:20 AM
thats other thinking the idea and technology for you! i hate technology.

It starts crudely, it has a short time where it is at it gets better then reaches it's best then someone over thinks the design and it get worse and worse until people get nostalgic for the past. The game was fine when it was simpler, before f2p you may of had separate commendations from the borg stf's in GO, exploration and such, but all you had to do is some simple grinding for a few hours and you got enough to head to the right location to get that MK X weapon or armor you wanted and that would be the end of it.

But now.. you spend at least a month on grinding xp for tiers and several more weeks to grind to required amounts of resources to get these big items you want from the reps. it has gotten over complicated, it is no fun and casual players are penalized for not wanting to do the reps that can get them excellent kits and ship gear pieces. even the fleet has it's own rep system which is also just as complex and a number of fleets are more closed minded because they want people who have a lot of fleet marks and dilithium to put all their efforts into fleet affairs like another drone.

This is the latest example of what i mean, it's another hollow excuse and yet another complicated design feature. I sometimes wish they remove the rep system altogether and put all that kit and ship stuff to specific vendors once again so social places like DS9, Drozana, ESD, RCC, FC, Gonalda, K7, MA and SB37 would have a purpose to serve then just a placeholder just for the hell of it. Then refine all these specific commendations into two groups, Fleet and General. that way you only have EC, Zen, Dil, Fleet and General to worry about and the game is significantally more easier to work with while the devs can work on just pure content then crap.
Joined STO late 2010. Bought starter pack LoR & LTS 2013.
Proud owner of a Targ pup to a federation character.
T6 Miranda FTW! Hope to see Miranda Class made a T6 hero ship.
Survivor of Romulus
# 93
11-05-2013, 04:29 AM

Last edited by stoutes; 11-05-2013 at 04:34 AM.
Starfleet Veteran
# 94
11-05-2013, 04:33 AM
If the mark rewards are increased by a modest amount, by the time this all hits Holodeck, all will be probably fine. Don't need an insane amount of increase here, just a modest 'hopeful' amount, will do. I assure you, that if this all hits Holodeck, as is, the HOWL you will hear, is the player community (between possible server crashes and whatnot,) decrying tenfold over the lack of marks, to keep up with projects.

And can we get to a comprehensive, game wide clean up and polish of the game, once this goes live? Just shoving new content at us, isn't going to cut it, much longer, if the old content remains iffy and buggy, in too many places. I fear this will be the fate of the new content as well, down the unstreamlined warp trail here. Had to get that part out.
Captain
# 95
11-05-2013, 05:49 AM
At least they're being consistent. The dilithium mine was supposed to reduce the grind too, and we saw how well that turned out.
Starfleet Veteran
# 96
11-05-2013, 05:55 AM
So, for weeks now we're told to weigh the low mark rewards from the new content against the fact that equipment costs half as much and therefore the marks are twice as valuable. I thought these were fair enough points, to be honest, even though a lot of people didn't.

What are we supposed to weigh them against now?
Lieutenant
# 97
11-05-2013, 06:01 AM
Cant wait till it comes to the main server..
Career Officer
# 98
11-05-2013, 06:30 AM
Nothing for the litany of tutorial crashes and non progression at least mentioned, glad we have those VOs done though much more important! Ugh!
Captain
# 99
11-05-2013, 07:14 AM
I get no sound anywhere in the tutorial - at this point I'm presuming there's something obscure in my settings that needs changed. (I also get no sound on the live server, which means I don't get the benefit if any of Michael Dorn's voiceover.) I'm also hoping that at some point the half-graphics issue is addressed, as my system is more than capable of displaying STO graphics at full and I really don't like that blocky low-res look of the half-graphics on Tribble.

I don't have anything to say about the sphere missions, because I don't really care about "endgame"; I have, however, been trying to nail down all the bugs in the new Fed tutorial because that's going to be the first taste a lot of new players will get of this game, and I want them to like it. (I'll be checking later to see if the intermittent bug that crashes the game during "Assimilation of the Innocent" is still going on - when the tutorial box pops up as you acquire the armor on Vega IX, if you click the X to close the box, so far it crashes the game at that point. Going through all four of the inventory tutorial popups is a workaround, but that shouldn't be necessary.)
-------------------------------------------
I'm old enough not to care too much about what you think of me --
But I'm young enough to remember the future, the way things ought to be...

- Rush, "Cut To the Chase", Counterparts
Ensign
# 100 need some cheese?
11-05-2013, 07:25 AM
my gosh man, this is a game, not life!

so all I see is people talking about how grindy the game is, how long it takes to do something, and all I see is a bunch of people that think they should be gods in a game that they are to prevent people from being just that,

if you look at star trek as a whole, everyone is equal, it wasn't what they had to do anything with, it was thinking on how to do it with what you had, turning rocks and bamboo in to a cannon, learning how something works and moving past it with only the rocks and bamboo.

one mans dream, a dream that we can all live together and work together as a hole. he has to be rolling in his grave.

it's about concept, not power!!!!

just a thought