Ensign
Hi,

After I exit STO the launcher updates the game again and again. Its a 2.3 GB patch which takes too long to wait for every time. How to fix?
Ensign
# 42 exit server patch
11-05-2013, 06:45 AM
I am having the same issue. However mine is a 5.5 gig patch. And Season 8 isn't due to come out until the 12th. Is there going to be yet another patch on Thursday and again on the 12th?
Empire Veteran
# 43
11-05-2013, 06:47 AM
It's a pre-patch for season 8, you can let it patch up now or wait to the 12th and let it all patch up when everyone is trying to access the servers at the same time to get at the new content.
Man is a gaming animal. He must always be trying to get the better in something or other.
Warning, this poster tends to talk nonsensically when caffine levels fall below 80%.
Captain
# 44
11-05-2013, 06:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cajala View Post
Hi,

After I exit STO the launcher updates the game again and again. Its a 2.3 GB patch which takes too long to wait for every time. How to fix?
It's not broken. It is meant to be doing that. It's the prepatch for season 8.
Lt. Commander
# 45
11-05-2013, 07:49 AM
Damnit! I thought my install was broken so I am reinstalling STO :facepalm:

I should have remembered this from LOR prepatching.
Former PWE Community Team Lead
# 46
11-05-2013, 08:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by questerius View Post
Is tribble still Gold/Silver only?
Tested before, but as off late i am unable to enter tribble for testing.
Tribble is open to Gold and Silver now -- that means all players as you're either Gold or Silver

Quote:
Originally Posted by godimas View Post
Awesome!

Are we forgoing an official Tribble test weekend this time? Or did I miss out? Hope not. I like collecting goofy tribbles
No formalized Tribble Test Weekend, however the current plan is to provide a new, free Tribble as reward at S8 launch

Quote:
Originally Posted by yudhistiro View Post
Can we disable it?
Just close the launcher when it pops back up if you don't want to pre-patch. While it looks like it's starting over next time, the amount to patch should be represented by a smaller number. You still go 0-100% but the patch size should be smaller based on what you've already patched.

Every time you exit, you'll still get a pre-patch pop up as it's checking to see if you have the latest pre-patch version. If you do, it should close out fairly quickly.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Brandon "BranFlakes" Felczer | Former Community Team Lead for Perfect World Entertainment
Captain
# 47
11-05-2013, 08:31 AM
I am having the same problem.
Rihannsu
# 48
11-05-2013, 09:21 AM
It's broken in exactly the same way it was for LoR pre-patching: closes after a few seconds.
Former PWE Community Team Lead
# 49
11-05-2013, 09:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nevawinna View Post
It's broken in exactly the same way it was for LoR pre-patching: closes after a few seconds.
This usually indicates your pre-patch is complete/ up-to-date. Have you been staying up-to-date with Tribble patches? That may have reduced your pre-patch size.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Brandon "BranFlakes" Felczer | Former Community Team Lead for Perfect World Entertainment
Rihannsu
# 50
11-05-2013, 10:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
This usually indicates your pre-patch is complete/ up-to-date. Have you been staying up-to-date with Tribble patches? That may have reduced your pre-patch size.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Got both test clients up to date. Doesn't look like patching is complete, though, judging by the completion % displayed for download and patching, neither goes anywhere near 100%.
Closed Thread