Survivor of Romulus
# 51
11-05-2013, 11:10 AM
Just dipping this out there, no more Tribbles please.. they're clogging up my bank and inventory as it is. I would however LOVE more unique DOFF's like the "Ang the Vicious" Breen DOFF we got for Season 6 testing. Something useful please Cryptic! Although I think it's already a given that we'll get a Solanae Tribble "1 Dyson mark per hour" bla bla bla.
http://stosignatures.ufplanets.com/Terrell-STO.png

Looking for a dedicated Star Trek community? Visit www.ufplanets.com for details.
Lt. Commander
# 52
11-05-2013, 11:31 AM
Any idea why is it downloading all over? I finished, started game, quit and it downloads something again. Just a few MBs it seems. Then the launcher closes and when open, my game starts to patch (3000 kb). It is all over. Please FIX it.

Last edited by embrosil; 11-05-2013 at 11:35 AM.
Ensign
# 53 Same here, but....
11-05-2013, 11:59 AM
when it tries to execute the patch, it does not get very far in the download, and the launcher exits suddenly without so much as an error message. Then when I go back into the game and exit out after a subsequent play, it does the same thing. The patch never completes. Has anyone else seen this?
Ensign
# 54
11-05-2013, 12:03 PM
It happens to me, but once it appeared it ran successfully, but every time after that it looks that it crashes everytime at same point near beginning

so it looks it isn't a Wine issue
Ensign
# 55
11-05-2013, 12:34 PM
Is it supposed to download the same patch everytime i close or open the game?
Captain
# 56
11-05-2013, 12:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nevawinna View Post
Got both test clients up to date. Doesn't look like patching is complete, though, judging by the completion % displayed for download and patching, neither goes anywhere near 100%.
If there is nothing new to pre-patch, it would close after a few moments, as you described, and not go from 0-100% again. The few "MBs" you are seeing is the client reading the data and looking to see if it's up to date. Sounds like everything is working correctly.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Ensign
# 57
11-05-2013, 12:47 PM
For me too it keeps patching the game everytime I exit or start game. It feels like its patching the same thing over and over.....what in the heck is going on? 4 or 5 gigs....everytime i start the game or exit? we talking 4 or 5 times now.....ridiculous.

I feel like I've been hacked lmao. This is as suspicious as Arc not working for me, and then having to download the game from steam. And then having corrupted pigg files....having to delete the hogg files.....then having to just delete everythign and download again through the launcher.. Had nothign to do with my connection or my pc.....but I was like yes finally i got the game installed and running good for a week no issues.

and now this? This does not seem legit to me.

Especially frustrating since these servers are so dam slow...Their servers are killing this game and probably why peoples downloads always get corrupted......This is one way to get people to quit alright lol.

Last edited by richac; 11-05-2013 at 12:51 PM.
Lt. Commander
# 58
11-05-2013, 01:39 PM
This is a much better approach, avoiding the congestion on 12th that would have occurred. It's good that you have learned your lesson from the last "THIS IS SPARTAAAA!" we had. Good job!
Career Officer
# 59
11-05-2013, 01:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
If there is nothing new to pre-patch, it would close after a few moments, as you described, and not go from 0-100% again. The few "MBs" you are seeing is the client reading the data and looking to see if it's up to date. Sounds like everything is working correctly.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
No, it definitely started patching again, here too. It was at ca. 2%, then jumped to 100%; but, as you well know, if there's truly nothing to patch, launcher will just say "Patching...", without actually starting a patch-process (with percentage bar).
Starfleet Veteran
# 60 What Are We Prepatching Now?
11-05-2013, 02:04 PM
Nothing in the Release notes since 10/30?

Large Patch this morning when I closed the Launcher and a small "check" patch when I closed it just now.

What are you up to?
Closed Thread